Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 26439 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/24/06 10:58 AM
Google Base  

Hi, all,

Several users have asked about the Google Base and if it has helped my auctions.

The answer is definitely YES. Hits are way up, inquiries being sent from buyers searching on Google, finding my auctions and then making an inquiry is much higher than I anticipated. And my Internet sales have increased significantly since I started uploading to Google base.

It isn't hard. Sign up for a Google account. It is completely free. And until the end of 2007, the Google Checkout is free. More about that later.

To get your existing auctions to Google base, you can bulk upload using the Google Base Store Connector. Way too easy to do.

Here is the URL to get the Base Store connector.

http://base.google.com/base/storeconnector

Judy/blue

substance292
(journeyman)
12/24/06 02:56 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy,

Did you do another post about Google Base somewhere? I'd like to read it if you did.

Thanks - Cher

http://www.JewelryByCherDesigns.com

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/24/06 03:25 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: substance292]  

Cher,

No I am a bad girl. I have been too busy. But I will get something done in the next few days as I have had numerous inquiries about it.

Judy/blue

substance292
(journeyman)
12/24/06 04:14 PM

Hi Judy,

That's ok, I know busy! I don't have a store anymore so I went looking for some software that would generate a Google Base file for me ('cause I'm busy remember) and I'm trying one right now.

Cher

http://www.JewelryByCherDesigns.com

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/11/07 11:54 AM
Re: Google Base new [re: substance292]  

Hi, All,

Google Base seems to be one of the hottest things going right now. And it is completely free. With the eBay fee increases, Overstock eliminating the Subscription plans as well as other changes in store for the Auction marketplace in 2007, seller's need to be taking advantage of every means to promote your Auctions as well as your online business.

And Google Base is a great way to do it.

First, you must have a Google Account to even get started. It is easy and it is free.

go to www.google.com and sign up for a free account.

The sign up includes supplying information both Personal as well as information you would like displayed on the Internet. If you don't create an User id, all the items you upload to Google show up as offered by nullnull.

Yuo can create your own Google Base user id. But you might want to consider using your eBay User id as you are promoting your auctions. And it certainly doesn't hurt to have your user id plastered all over one more spot.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/11/07 03:06 PM

After you have singed up for your free Google Account, take a minute to go to the Google Base and browse through the "products" section.

Here's the URL:
http://base.google.com

Products remain on Google Base for 30 days. YOu can see when you uploaded, publised and searchable as well as when the auction will become inactive by clicking on "Base" items after signing into your Google account.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/11/07 06:08 PM

Judy:

You're right about the eBay store. It's too bad, but at least as far as I can figure out, Google will only let you do store items. However, as you said before if your auctions are related to a store category then they too will go to GoogleBase.

After a week or so using GoogleBase I found out that every time I have a "major" closing of auctions or upload new material it is a good idea to do the GoogleBase upload. First (again as you said Judy) it will allow you to delete closed/sold items and it will upload everything that can be found in your store. Also you can decide not to list some categories or some items within a category.

The best solution for me has been to redo GoogleBase at least twice a week. It doesn't take a lot of time and you can be doing other stuff while it works so you're not just sitting looking at the screen. Once I started doing the multiple times a week thing with GoogleBase I found that I got a much better result.

Sue mentioned the big guys trampling over her items. I've had that happen to me since day one. So listing more than once a week has given me just a tiny edge over them. I don't know if a daily upload makes any sense? Has anyone tried a daily upload even if your items haven't changed on eBay?

Even with the biggies stepping all over my stuff I still get sales and it has been worthwhile. The great part has been that everything that sells is already in awk2 so the invoicing is sure easy. Once I get a GoogleBase sale it is treated exactly as if it was purchased on eBay using all of the aw2k functions.

Enough of my rambling on - just wanted to put my two cents worth in about GoogleBase. It isn't a great deal of work at all and it is worth it. Even if it is only 10 additional sales a week it is free and that's ten more sales that wouldn't have been made otherwise.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/11/07 06:26 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

If I upload at least once a week, I get the same results. My auction sales are much higher. Now I am sure I would sell something on Google Base if I would take the time to actually list more than 3 items on Google But those 3 items I have listed, I get inquiries about them.

And the 3 items I have listed on Google, I have some on eBay as well. And the items on eBay keep selling out in my eBay store. Inmy books, it is working.

I haven't tried uploading everyday. I have thought about it though.

You know, Cher you might ought to contact the Google Base Store connector tech support and suggest they add the functionality of uploading regular auctions as well. It really wouldn't hurt to have another category on Google Base other than the 30 day Product listings anyway. Just a thought.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
01/11/07 06:44 PM

Judy:
You're right. It couldn't hurt to let Google know that there are other items available on eBay not just stores. But Cher can list individual items and not use googleBase upload. There is the function on the GoogleBase home page where you can list items and you don't need an eBay account even to do that.

But letting them know the suggestion couldn't hurt.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/11/07 07:00 PM
Re: Google Base new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I emailed the Google Base tech support and suggested they consider adding Overstock. (that was prior to all the major changes at Overstock). I received a real live reply thanking me for the idea. And said they would consider it.

I think Google Base has a "suggestion list" too :o)

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads