Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 10171 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

mikekrol
(stranger )
01/13/07 06:58 PM
I can not log on to Auction Wizard new  

Ever see this error message when trying to log on to AW???

"appname: aw2000.exe AppVer: 2.3.133.251 Mod Name kernel32.dll Mod ver 5.1.2600.2945 Offset: 00012a5b"

I tried downloading an updated verision, using a restore point and no luck. Any ideas? All my other software seems to work

Edited by mikekrol on 01/13/07 06:59 PM (server time).

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/13/07 07:37 PM
Re: I can not log on to Auction Wizard new [re: mikekrol]  

HI,

You have installed another copy of AW2000 on top of the current installation?

Have you made any changes to your computer system recently?

Judy/blue

mikekrol
(stranger )
01/14/07 08:52 AM

Hi Judy,

I meant that I tried to install updates through Aw folder on my ard drive. Are you suggesting that I install a full downlaod over my current one?? If so my concern is will it overide the DB? My goal is to save the Db or most of it if possible.

Thanks,
Mike

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/14/07 09:02 AM

Mike,

Installing another copy of AW2000 to the existing AW2000 folder on your hard drive will not do anything to your database. Just be sure to install the copy right over the top of the existing copy. I am presuming your AW2K is installed in the default "C" drive?

To be safe, do a full database backup by going to Start > All programs > Auction Wizard 2000 > Backup. You might consider burning a CD or DVD as well.

Let me know if that corrects the problem or not.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/14/07 09:05 AM

Mike,

When did you try to update AW2000? Maybe I need more coffee but I just caught what you are doing. You are trying to do a program update by going to Tools > Check for program updates??? And it failed.

When did that happen? Did the error occur on Friday Morning?

Judy/blue

mikekrol
(stranger )
01/14/07 09:25 AM

Judy,

Thanks so much. I tried to update in the AW folder on my hard drive. AW is at the point that it will not open, apparently it is trying to write to kernel32.dll, From what I have found so far is that this creates a conflict. I appreciate your info about the overwrite, however I am gun shy about this as I did download a copy and I was not sure if it would bring in db and other info.

Thanks again,
Mike

PS. what did you mean about Friday???

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/14/07 09:37 AM

Mike,

If you tried to update your AW2000 on Friday morning, there was a problem on the Auction wizard website. It was down for part of the morning.

Overwriting your copy of AW2000 will not harm your database. I have had to overwrite my AW2000 program before. All the overwrite does is replace some of the exe and other files. It does not empty out your databse files.

However, you should burn a copy of your database anyway. Always, before rebuilding or doing anything else, always backup and burn a copy. Cheap insurance and peace of mind.

Have you made any changes to your computer recently? Installing new Internet security, different anti-virus such as the New and Improved McAfee??

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/14/07 09:51 AM
Re: I can not log on to Auction Wizard [re: mikekrol]  

Mike,

Also, be sure your computer maintenance is up to snuff. Be sure you have done a hard drive scan and defragged as well. Restart your computer as well.

Judy/blue

mikekrol
(stranger )
01/15/07 05:01 AM

Judy

Thanks for all your help. I have been contcated by tech support and followed their directions regarding rebuilding db. I will wait until I hear back from them regarding the db log error. Aw is very good about answering their emails, even on weekends.

Mike

bluepennylady
(old hand)
01/15/07 07:03 AM

MIke,

Yes the AW2K tech support is good. I am convinced there isn't a better tech support team anywhere.

Let us all know when you get all fixed up.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads