Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5254 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

substance292
(journeyman)
02/02/07 00:09 AM
Just a Weird Question  

Hi everyone! I have visited several listings in the past couple of weeks on eBay.com where I find a link to a commercial website or a phone number for orders right in the listing! The way I read the rules, that is not permitted, and yet it is there more & more. Is it that they are not enforcing this or have the rules changed? If anybody knows about this I appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Cher

http://www.JewelryByCherDesigns.com

bluepennylady
(old hand)
02/02/07 07:55 AM
Re: Just a Weird Question new [re: substance292]  

Cher,

That isn't a weird question at all.

According to eBay's link policy, a seller can include a link to a website that provides additional information regarding the product offered.

Seller's cannot provide links that jump the viewer where product is offered for sale outside of the Auction venue. A product offered for sale outside of the Auction venue must be 3 clicks away. In fact, the rules also state the landing page cannot more or less "entice" the viewer to buy something outside of the eBay Auction venue.

If a seller is including those links, at some point, they will get caught. It is better to stay within the guidelines provided by eBay. There are plenty of methods to move people from buyer's to customers without breaking a simple link rule.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads