Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 5590 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

malaki86
(stranger )
09/25/02 03:34 AM
USPS Shipping Labels new  

I use the USPS free Delivery Confirmation labels from their website. I'd like to see an easy way to load up the web page with the information already filled in.

Here's a sample http address:
//shiplabel.usps.com/cgi-bin/api/shipping_label.cgi?sampleLabel=0&labelDate=1&fromName=Dennis+McKinney&fromFirm=&fromAddress2=PO+BOX+806&fromAddress1=&fromCity=BARRACKVILLE&fromState=WV&fromZip5=26559&fromZip4=0806&toName=Dennis+McKinney&toFirm=ComputeRx&toAddress2=PO+Box+806&toAddress1=720+1/2+Pike+St&toCity=Barrackville&toState=WV&toZip5=26559&toZip4=&option=3&weightInOunces=32&imageType=JPG&serviceType=Priority&submit.x=41&submit.y=7

As you can see, the information that needs to be sent to the website can all be on a simple http link. By simply adding a button or menu choice, Aw2k could open up a web page to the address (with everything filled in).

It won't do multiple invoices at a time, but at least we wouldn't have to keep jumping back and forth to fill in the blanks.

Dennis

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
09/25/02 04:20 PM
Re: USPS Shipping Labels new [re: malaki86]  

Your suggestion has been added to our suggestion list.

You might want to look at a software based shipping solution that allows you to import shipping addresses. Auction Wizard 2000 can export shipping addresses in Comma Separated Value (CSV) format which can be imported into virtually any shipping software.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

malaki86
(stranger )
09/25/02 04:23 PM
Re: USPS Shipping Labels [re: AuctionWizard]  

I've written a program to do just that (for another auction management software). I'd just like to save the trouble of 1st changing the program and 2nd save time (right now I'm only shipping 1 to 2 packages/day).

Dennis

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads