Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 8592 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

maisey
(stranger )
04/14/07 11:21 PM
Does any AW2K User use this service?  

Hi everyone-
Browsing through eBay tonight and came across a service called My Store Rewards. It is integrated through Paypal, and if your buyer uses Paypal it will give back a percentage of the buyers purchase price as a store reward. Now this money comes out of the sellers Paypal account. The details are devilish, but just like if you were purchasing with a credit card, you'd get airlines miles or cash back. I was hoping that any AW2K users had tried this, seen repeat buyers and if it was woth the monthly fee and the fees they charge on the sellers end. In case anyone wants to look at it, here is the link http://www.mystorerewards.com/msr/index.htm I would really like to see if this would work with eBay buyers. Best to all
Maisey

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/15/07 02:51 AM
Re: Does any AW2K User use this service? new [re: maisey]  

Maisey,

I haven't ever tried it. I did read about it a little. To me it looked just about like "Discover" card terms. Discover use to give money back to the user for charging x dollars. The merchant is who paid for that money back.

The only thing that comes to mind is you would have to be careful about your profit margin. You could end up losing money on transactions if you work on a short margin.

If you give it a try, please be sure to let us all know how it works. And maybe other users have tried it and will stop by and post about their experience

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
04/15/07 07:51 AM

Maisey:
I've heard about the service and read about it but have never used it. The cost of doing business with it is just a bit too much for me. I like the idea very much but not the costs involved. However, I do send some customers "reward coupons". The coupon is good for X Dollars for 6 months from date of issue. The amount depends on how much they have purchased in the past. They can use it to pay their next purchase. There aren't any real added expenses to me doing it that way.

If you try the service I'm sure a lot of us would like to hear what you think of it and how it works out for you. Good luck.

Garry

maisey
(stranger )
04/15/07 10:29 AM
Re: Does any AW2K User use this service? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,
I like the idea of coupons, and from what I have read the refund is only through customers who use Paypal. And the funds to customer come out of the sellers Paypal account. I'm afraid that although they are only talking about 1.00 here and there, Paypal also charges a fee to give the money back to the customer. Profit margin, once all is done is certainly an issue. But if somebody said, yeah, my return business grew 25%, I would think about it. Nothing like repeat business and happy customers.
all the best,
Maisey

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/15/07 10:51 AM

Maisey,

Email Garry about his coupon thing. It is totally cool the way he does his coupons. Of course, he is one of this creative type guys. I am a good copy off of you type of person but I am not too creative or artsy. I can certainly pirate an idea and then expand it but to come up with the idea, well God gave my sisters all of that ability and left me completely out of that gift.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads