Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 8565 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(journeyman)
05/09/07 09:00 AM
What's the point of a business eBay ID?  

What's the point of a business eBay ID?

I've looked all over eBay Help & I don't find any explanation of the burdens & benefits.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/09/07 09:17 AM
Re: What's the point of a business eBay ID? new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

A personal account only allows you to buy. If you want to sell, you have to have a business account to do so.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/09/07 09:22 AM
Re: What's the point of a business eBay ID? new [re: bluepennylady]  

That may be how it should be, but I guess it isn't enforced.

Right now I'm an "individual", and have been despite being well on my way to PowerSeller status.

Did I do a bad?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/09/07 09:36 AM

Ned,

In order to even sell, you had to set up a Seller's account, which qualified you for selling. If when you first signed up with eBay, you did not create a seller's account, the first time you listed, you are required to set up the Seller's account, or you cannot list. A seller's account can be individual or Business. There are a few features that are unaccessible to individual/personal accounts that are accessible to a business account. I will have to double check on those for you. Off the top of my head, I cannot recall. But I will find out and get back to you.

And think about it from your buyer's stand point. Are you more comfortable spending $100.00 with an individual or a business?

You can change your account from individual to a business. The business name is what is displayed, which I like. The business name "Pennyworth Sales" appears as the "make money order or personal check payable to" name.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

P.S. I will get back to you as to the feature differences.

Ned
(journeyman)
05/09/07 09:43 AM

I suspect that we're talking about a couple of different things.

I agree I must be a Seller since I'm selling.

It looks like you can be an Individual eBay ID and a Seller at the same time.

I did change my main id to "Business". Far as I can see, that simply allows you to have a business name. That was the only new bit of information they asked of me.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/09/07 10:16 AM

Ned,

I am tracking with you. boy howdy was I on a different planet I am so sorry.

Yes you can have an individual account and be a seller as well. You have to set up a seller's account either when you first sign up, or the first time you list. Which since you are selling you have done.

A seller can be an individual or a business entity. Only difference is the business name instead of a person's individual name. That't it.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/09/07 11:02 AM

Ned/Judy:

When I first signed up with eBay it was as a business. Otherwise I would have had to had checks etc made out to me on a personal level. As a business it is AquilaStamps and those checks etc go into the business checking. To my knowledge there is no difference in charges from eBay it is just that they know they are dealing with a "business" rather than an occasional garage cleanout seller. It is the same with PayPal - if you will be accepting over X number of dollars you have to have a top level (business) account. PayPal details all of that on one of their FAQ pages.

Garry

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads