Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 18517 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
DEALS2000
(newbie)
05/12/07 12:14 PM
Business Plan / Marketing software  

Hello all, is anyone using a business plan and or marketing software program? I just thought it would keep me moving forward in selling online so I just don't wing it.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks,

Steve

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/12/07 12:21 PM
Re: Business Plan / Marketing software new [re: DEALS2000]  

Steve,

I use Constant Contact for email marketing. Excellent email list tool. And I also use MailBomber as well. MailBomber doesn't have all the bells and whistles but is easy to use.

When I send out Feedback Thanks, that notice has a request for the buyer to be added to my private email list. About half the buyers want to be added. And I email them to let them know what we are listing, what we have coming up or specials.

If you have an eBay store, use eBay's free email tool. And add the Store Letter sign up box in your Store so buyer's will sign up. You get 5000 free emails a month.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/12/07 01:06 PM
Re: Business Plan / Marketing software new [re: bluepennylady]  

In reply to:

If you have an eBay store, use eBay's free email tool. And add the Store Letter sign up box in your Store so buyer's will sign up. You get 5000 free emails a month.

Can you take your mailing list with you if you want to do something outside eBay, or does eBay "retain title" to it?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/12/07 01:33 PM
Re: Business Plan / Marketing software new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

You know, I honestly don't know. But I will find out. I would think, since it is permissioned based, you could retain and email those buyers at will.

I'll find out about it.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
05/12/07 02:07 PM
Re: Business Plan / Marketing software new [re: Ned]  

Ned:
As far as I know you can take the list as I've never found anywhere that they tell you that the list is theirs. The only problem is when you look at the list all you see is their eBay User ID. However, using AW2K you can search by the user ID and match it up with an email address. That is if they have been a customer. I would imagine that nearly 100% of those that sign up for your email have been an customer.

Obviously I'm not the final say on eBay policy in any way shape or form. But after searching around I haven't found anything that specifically says you can't use that list outside of eBay's interface. Its just a tad bit of work making the list. But once that is done it's pretty easy keeping it up as new ones join.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/12/07 09:02 PM

Steve

I got to thinking--- You asked about a business plan as well as marketing software. too busy of a day.

Yes I have a business plan. But we drafted up our own. We have modified it a time or two.

Do you have a brick and mortar business as well as doing auctions?
Judy/blue

DEALS2000
(newbie)
05/13/07 07:42 AM

Thanks Judy. I just think I need something to refere to when I get off track.

Thanks,

Steve

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/13/07 01:11 PM

Steve,

I have a business plan overview I hand out at conferences and at college. You are welcome to it.

Judy/blue

DEALS2000
(newbie)
05/14/07 01:12 PM

Judy, that would be great. I just need something to start with.

Please email it to me at stsvelaba@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Steve

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/14/07 01:13 PM

Steve,

I'll be happy to share the information. It may be a little bit before I can send the document to you. Do you have Microsoft Word? If not, let me know and I can send you a PDF file instead.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads