Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7886 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(journeyman)
05/24/07 08:17 AM
eBay Response Time: Anyone else having trouble?  

Starting this weekend, and still happening today, response time moving from page to page on ebay.com has been dreadful--we're talking minutes here sometimes.

Other websites, such as this one, have no problems. I'm able to listen to internet radio without interruptions. No trouble checking my mail (which is on my web hosting provider, not my ISP). Just eBay.

Is this affecting everyone, or should I take it personally?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/24/07 08:24 AM
Re: eBay Response Time: Anyone else having trouble? new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

It isn't just you. I am experiencing page loading difficulty as well. Well, my entire staff is on all the workstations. I thought it might be my network so last night I did another round of maintenance. Didn't help. I suspect it will be even slower today as today is the .20 listing day.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/24/07 11:34 AM
Re: eBay Response Time: Anyone else having troubl new [re: bluepennylady]  

I know there are sites that measure the current state of the internet, described as "internet weather conditions".

Is there any such thing for eBay, that is, a non-eBay source for current conditions?

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/24/07 11:38 AM
Re: eBay Response Time: Anyone else having troubl new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

I honestly don't know. I haven't checked the eBay system announcement board in the last two days. Sometimes there are issues posted there when pages are slow loading, etc.

I'll go check and see.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/24/07 11:44 AM

Judy/Ned:

FYI:
They are scheduled to do maintenance tonight according to the anouncement.

Marty

Ned
(journeyman)
05/24/07 11:53 AM

Glad you mentioned the System Announcement board.

There's an RSS feed available for eBay System Announcements. Excellent use for RSS. RSSOwl is now watching that one for me.

There's also an eBay General Announcements RSS feed. You may want to think twice about that one. I subscribed and was faced with 1092 messages! Apparently they never drop any of the old stuff (even "call Griff today at 3:00pm PT"). I've never seen anything like the number of items they've got. After you get everything marked as read you're OK, but...

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/24/07 11:54 AM
Re: eBay Response Time: Anyone else having troubl new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

Thanks a bunch. I hadn't made it over there yet. Since the maintenance is scheduled tonight and it normally happens on Friday nights, I bet something is up.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/24/07 12:00 PM

"Since the maintenance is scheduled tonight and it normally happens on Friday nights, I bet something is up."

Yep, I'll take that as a tacit admission that things are really in bad shape. Certainly they are from where I sit.

Ned

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads