Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 10843 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Ned
(member)
06/01/07 06:55 PM
Yahoo Stores  

Anyone thinking about a Yahoo Store should consider this true story:

Today I ordered something from a Yahoo Store-based store. Within the hour, I got an emailed confirmation.

The message said "You can always find out the current status of your order by going to" and gave a link. I knew it couldn't have shipped yet, but clicked it anyway. I expected "not in system" or "your card has been charged".

What I got was "This store no longer exists. No further information is available." No kidding. That's a quote. That message would have scared me if I were a first-time customer. (The Nigerians have moved from puppies to photo equipment! I've been had!) I tried it several more times over the next hour. Same display. Later in the day, the link showed the order as expected.

I assume that the store hadn't completed something in their process. Still, this is just about the worst possible error message for Yahoo Stores to have used in this situation.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 07:25 PM
Re: Yahoo Stores new [re: Ned]  

Ned,

YIKES! That would make your stomach do flip flops. I am sure glad the store came back online. I wonder why in the world that particular error message displayed. I wonder if it has something to do with the Yahoo auctions going down today --- forever.

It is today isn't it!??

Judy/blue

Ned
(member)
06/01/07 07:31 PM
Re: Yahoo Stores new [re: bluepennylady]  

This just in--I clicked the link this evening and we're back to "This store does not exist." Argh.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/01/07 07:42 PM

Ned,

Do you know if your order has actually been processed yet??

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
06/01/07 08:49 PM

Ned:
I buy ink jet ink by the gallon jug from a guy who has a Yahoo Store. Every single time I place an order - the same message appears. I give it a few minutes and bang there it is. I think it is as a result of the store owner not doing a complete configuration. The may have to specify a form letter saying the charge process is ongoing and as soon as it is completed further info is available. But it does make ones heart stop for a moment.

Garry

Ned
(member)
06/04/07 04:09 PM
Re: Yahoo Stores new [re: AquilaStamps]  

I got the scary message, then the next day it was replaced with proper info, and then it returned to the scary message which continues.

The proprietor of the store seems massively uninterested in the problem, which is amazing to me. I suspect Garry's right that it's something the prop can configure.

I got a UPS Quantum notification that they're gonna ship, so I guess all will be well. Immediately after the UPS message, I checked Yahoo again. Still scary.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/04/07 04:15 PM

Ned,

Well let us all know if your box of goodies arrives safely or not. I browsed around in a Yahoo store the other day but was tooooooo afreeeed to buy anything. After the message you got, I am worrrrrieeeedd

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
06/04/07 09:29 PM
Re: Yahoo Stores new [re: bluepennylady]  

Ned & Judy:
I might as well make a fool of myself in public - do it all the time anyway. Yahoo stores are kind of scary. The one that I buy Ink from has always come through for me. There is one other Yahoo store I buy from - they sell pickles. Yep, you heard it right pickles. LOL . A few years ago I found a great bread & butter pickle in the supermarket. Then, you guessed it, once we got hooked the market stopped carrying them. So.... Googled the company and sure enough they had a website and a store. I ordered the pickles and got a proper reply and in about a week four delicious jars of pickles arrived via UPS. Next order one jar was broken, and I went on the website sent them a message and they replaced it free. OK, after all of the laughter calms down . . . I'm waiting . . . - Those are the extent of any real Yahoo store shopping I've done. A lot of them are the scary kind Judy has seen. So I limit Yahoo stores to Ink and pickles

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/05/07 05:41 AM
Re: Yahoo Stores new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

After I have wiped the tears from my eyes and Dale has stuck his head in the office wondering what in the world I am laughing hysterically over-- that is so funny
What a great story! You know, that would make a really good advertising for the store. And for websites. Had the manufacturer not had a website you would have never found the pickles again. Businesses, large or small, need websites!

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads