Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 22292 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
jbayer
(stranger )
06/09/07 06:52 PM
Only about 15 records, extremely slow new  

Ever since I installed the upgrade with the eBay code APIs, my program has been EXTREMELY slow. For example, clicking + for a new post can sometimes take 2 minutes before it is ready. Starting up is also very slow, can take 2-5 minutes.

I've purged and archived all my old auctions, and then rebuilt the database. No change. Any ideas?

Also, the program has never reminded me to renew my subscription. I know it's been a while since I last renewed, what is the current policy?

Thanks

Beware - The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/09/07 08:50 PM
Re: Only about 15 records, extremely slow new [re: jbayer]  

Hi,

First the renewal, You will receive a notice about 30 days before renewal time each time you run AW2000.

It sounds more like a computer issue than the API version.
Clean up your hard drive, scan the hard drive for errors and defrag. See if that has any affect.

To Scan your hard drive. Go to Start | My Computer. Right click on the C drive. Select properties from the drop down menu that appears.
Select Tools from the applet that appears.
The first option on the Tools tab is to check the volume for errors.
Select that option.
Check both options on the Scan hard drive for errors.
windows will give you a notice to schedule the scan the next time you start your computer.
Restart your computer and let it work. It could be a couple of hours depending on your hard drive.

After the scan, use the same steps, except instead of checking the volume, defrag the drive and let is work.

That should help performance. Let me know if it doesn't and we can try some other things.

Judy/blue

jbayer
(stranger )
06/10/07 05:57 AM
Re: Only about 15 records, extremely slow new [re: bluepennylady]  

First, when the program is hanging, there is NO disk activity, so I do not believe it is disk related. I regularly defragment my hard disks.

The pictures I take and import are from a digital camera. The pictures are rather large, and I'm wondering if that would be a problem.

Second, please check my serial number, # 3763. I do not ever recall getting a reminder notice to renew, and I've been using the program for a while now.

Thank you

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/10/07 06:02 AM

Hi,

Is AW2000 hanging moving between the tabs/windows? Or when you are adding images? Or when you are creating Auction lots?

From your first post, I thought the problem was related to navigating around in the software. It sounds more as if the problem is when you are adding images?

I'll email you about your license.

Judy/blue

jbayer
(stranger )
06/10/07 06:32 AM
Re: Only about 15 records, extremely slow [re: bluepennylady]  

It is slow in almost all segments. Adding images isn't too bad, I expect that to be slow. But for example, I clicked teh + key to add a new record, and it took 30-60 seconds to respond. There is no real pattern, sometimes it is ok, sometimes it isn't.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/10/07 06:36 AM

HI,

In all honesty, it sound as if you are having memory problems.

Check to see how much disk space is used on your hard drive. How old is your computer? How much RAM does it have?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/10/07 06:40 AM

Hi,

You might try running a memory test to see if the computer's memory is okay. If there are any bad memory sectors, the memory test will show you where and you will know if you need to replace the memory.

http://www.memtest86.com/ I use the one for Windows and unzip it to a floppy disk. I use this particular test on the server and workstations ever so often just to be sure all is okay. Let the test run overnight to be the most effective. There is a short version that will run in just about a hour.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/10/07 06:44 AM

HI,

Gee if I would get all my correspondence into one post

How many other programs do you have running when you are running AW2000? Count those even behind the scenes such as your virus protection, MSN Instant messenger, etc.

If you have quite a few programs running in the foreground and the background, you might want to consider re-configuring the Start up menu so all those unnecessary programs are not running in the background.

And do you have the hard drive compressed to save space? And is the "Index this drive for faster file searching" enabling. If so, trying unchecking both options as they can and do slow down your computer's performance.

Judy/blue

jbayer
(stranger )
06/10/07 08:56 AM
Re: Only about 15 records, extremely slow new [re: bluepennylady]  

I'll run a memory check later today. FYI, my system specs are:

3.2 Ghz
2 gig memory
60 gig hard disk (9 gig free);

Re. the API error, I don't have it, sorry. I'll save it next time (I should know better, I've been programming for over 30 years :-)

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/10/07 10:47 AM

Hi,

You have plenty of memory. With that much I wouldn't think something in the background would be zapping all the resources. But that is what the window hesitation sounds like.

Are you in a network? I ask because I had a similiar incident last year. AW2000 tech and I like to never found it. I had a workstation in my network that was dying. And the silly thing was using resources from the server causing all kinds of problems. When I pulled the machine out of the network, no more problems. Needless to say, I replaced the machine.

Boy don't you just hate it when that error message on the screen disappears to the click of OK and then all the sudden it dawns on you "I didn't record the entire message" eekkk! Been there done that more than I would like to admit

Let me know about the memory test.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads