Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7460 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

freqz
(newbie)
06/29/07 01:43 PM
Auction Research Services ?? anyone using ?  

Looking into 4 of almost the same services and I was just wondering who if anyone here has tried any services liek these in the past and if they are worth it..

ie. Hammertap , Sellerpower, Terapeak, Auctionintelligence

??

Thanks in advance.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/29/07 02:06 PM
Re: Auction Research Services ?? anyone using ? new [re: freqz]  

HI,

I have used Hammertap. I allowed my subscription to expire

I use the completed items advanced search to find out what the market is bearing. I also use eBay's Market research tool as well.

Doing research on your own does take time. What I do for a living requires research so it is just the norm in our day.

You might use their free trial and see if you believe it helps you with your auctions and finding the right price point.

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
06/29/07 02:18 PM
Re: Auction Research Services ?? anyone using ? new [re: bluepennylady]  

That's what I was going to try out. I figure I'll be listing stuff this weekend and what a better time to really try it out.. Looking at them all ( Just what the websites state and show ) it looking like hammertap was one of the more current and up to date ones out there.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/29/07 02:24 PM

HI,

Hammertap is one of the better tools. I used them for several months. I just decided not to be nickeled and dimed to death. There are certain fixed costs associated with any online sales. And the research portion at least in what I do, would be doubled using Hammertap. As we do tons of research all of the time so it just wasn't cost effective for us.

I will say their software was pretty slick. I liked to watch it work and load the results. Doesn't take much to entertain me

Judy/blue

freqz
(newbie)
06/29/07 02:51 PM
Re: Auction Research Services ?? anyone using ? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Kind of on the same note, How do you feel about sellathon and their tracker hit counter ? Been using it for some time now, at first it was sooo cool. Now I bascially could care less, and I figure I'd say the 8.95 a month if I just canceled it. Unless I hear someone stand up and tell me what it does for them and how they acutally use it to help them ??? Anyone ??

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/29/07 02:58 PM

HI,

I love Sellathon! And I used it as well. When Auctiva bought them out, the merger did not increase the service level at all. Overstock.com auctions provided the Sellathon tracker for Overstock free. No longer. I found the statistics provided for Overstock was the same as eBay just on a smaller scale then eBay. So I cancelled my subscription for eBay and applied used the Overstock auction statistics to my eBay auctions.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads