Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 6623 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

barnfinder
(stranger )
07/27/07 02:55 PM
Changing Computers  

I'l be getting a new computer next week and of course I'll install AW2K on it. And I'll copy the database over.

When I do this, will all of my customizations (listing templates, email templates, grid layouts, etc.) take effect automatically, or will I have to do that all over manually?

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
07/27/07 03:58 PM
Re: Changing Computers new [re: barnfinder]  

Hi:
Good luck with the new 'puter - I'm jealous already. First - you won't end up having to redo anything. But to do your AW2K on the new one it would be very helpful to back up the old aw2k directory. If you can do it on a CD or a DVD or on an external hard drive.

There are several other ways to do the change. Judy has a real good way of doing it. My way is to simply install the program (download it from the download page here). Once it is downloaded and installed use your backup and just overwrite everything. The installing first just is insurance that it goes exactly where you want it and it creates the directories.

I'm sure others will have different and or easier or better ways of doing the job. I do know this works as it is how I redid my AW2K a few weeks ago after a computer crash.

Any way that you restore your database though will make it so that all of your info is on the new computer. Good luck with it and enjoy the new computer.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/27/07 04:23 PM

HI,

Please email me directly and I will provide the step by step for moving your AW2000 and database to a new computer. It is really easy to do.

Judy/blue

barnfinder
(stranger )
07/29/07 05:37 AM
Re: Changing Computers new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks. The computer is now at the local UPS terminal, and should be here Monday. It will take a few days to get everything installed, then I'll be in touch on this.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/29/07 05:57 AM

hi,

Okie dokie,

You are going to be doing the "new computer" dance before long

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads