Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 7627 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Clearancestock
(stranger )
09/23/07 03:21 PM
Paypal & Pictureshow  

I am new and just checking out AW2000. I have read some of the posts here and I have a couple of questions.

I noticed that some users are using Auctiva to get the pictureshow added to there listings. Is this not part of AW2000?

Also, I read that Paypal isn't integrated with AW2000, How does the program know what is paid for?

Thanks

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/23/07 07:22 PM
Re: Paypal & Pictureshow new [re: Clearancestock]  

HI,

Welcome! It is nice to meet you. Just ask any questions you have. Someone will be happy to drop by and answer them. Or at least try to anyway

You will find AW2000 to be a powerful Auction management tool allowing you to easily manage hundreds or even thousands of Auctions, Invoices as well as Inventory Items.

It is not actually a "picture show" provided by Auctiva. It is a scrolling Gallery. And it is about the same thing that Sellathon use to offer. I used it at Overstock before Auctiva bought them.

Sellathon had a free Scrolling gallery that was inserted below the listing frame on every auction called the "O-Gallery". Free at Overstock, but a fee on eBay. Scrolling Gallery shows are not part of AW2000. But scrolling gallery is not part of a lot of software. It is actually a service not a feature.

Recording Paypal payments is super simple in AW2K. I don't know how integrated you actually are referring to. Paypal payments are retrieved in AW2K via email just like you get them in Outlook Express, IncrediMail, Eudora, etc.

The easiest answer to your question, AW2000 knows what is paid when the payment is recorded. The Invoice status will be "Waiting for Payment" if you have sent the buyer a "Total amount due". When the buyer pays, you load Paypal payment notification, open the email, record the payment. The Invoice changes for "Waiting for Payment" to "Waiting to ship".

f you use AW2000 as intended, the Status' of Auction lots and Invoices change indicating the next step in the process. From "Buyer not contacted" all the way to "Feedback not Left" to "closed"

Does that help answer your question at all?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

Clearancestock
(stranger )
09/24/07 00:45 AM
Re: Paypal & Pictureshow new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks for the quick response

I have one more question about the Paypal integration. When you say email does that mean you need to manually tell AW2000 that the auction was paid individually or does it update on its own. So, if you have 1000 auctions in 1 week do you have to do 1000 manual inputs each week?

Thanks

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/24/07 05:07 AM
Re: Paypal & Pictureshow new [re: Clearancestock]  

Hi,

The information is stored in AW2K by using tools on the toolbar to move the information from the Paypal payment to the Invoice. You do not manually type in the buyer's name and address. It is highlighted blue, hit the "Store buyer's info" button and it stores automatically for you.

Now the Invoice Status changes automatically in the process. You do not have to touch it. The software does that for you.

It takes longer to print a packing slip out than it does to store the name, address, ship via and record payment. We can process 50 payments in about 15 minutes or less.

I believe you are asking if when you retrieve email, does AW2K sort all the payments for you finding which Invoice it belongs to and then stores all the information without you touching anything? If so, no that is not the design of the software.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Salvage_Hound
(stranger )
09/24/07 07:56 AM
Re: Paypal & Pictureshow new [re: bluepennylady]  

You can set up AW2000 to check the mail address that is connected to your paypal account. So when you check your mail, the notice from paypal already comes into your AW2000 mailbox, was there, you can work with it quickly and easily to get the payment to the right invoice. It works really well.

Ruff Ruff, I smell deals about..

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/24/07 08:09 AM
Re: Paypal & Pictureshow new [re: Salvage_Hound]  

HI,

Yes you can set up the email addy in AW2K. You can set up as many email accounts as you want or need in AW2K. Lot of us use several diffferent email accounts for different things and all are set up in AW2K.

And it does work very well. Thanks for mentioning it!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads