Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 8462 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

goldilocks77
(stranger )
09/16/07 09:01 AM
Task:Update All? auction lots new  

Why does AW2K not update all lots? I have over 27 auctions runing and it only listed 12 after the update was done.
before i would have to run it 3 or4 times and each time it would list more auctions it updated. this is strange it did not do this before.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/16/07 11:02 AM
Re: Task:Update All? auction lots new [re: goldilocks77]  

HI,

The API version only updates auction which have changed since the last time you updated. That is by design as that is the way eBay returns information.

Every buyer that has bid (or retracted a bid), closed auctions whether successful or not, etc will update. Auctions that have had no activity will not show any update information as there isn't anything to show.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

leeflang
(newbie)
09/25/07 09:50 AM
Re: Task:Update All? auction lots [re: goldilocks77]  

Are you referring to the fact that AW2K off late is not updating all unsold ended listings anymore, so their status is still 'online' despite Ebay shopwing them as inactive in teh unsolds. We noticed that too. It seems like a bug. Quite a pain if you have 100s of listings ending unsold a week and one need to update them individually.

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/25/07 09:55 AM
Re: Task:Update All? auction lots new [re: leeflang]  

Peter,

How long have you been having difficulty updating? Does the problem occur if you update immediately meaning as soon as you see the End of Auction email hit your inbox? Or does it occur if you update later on waiting a while after Auctions have ended?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

leeflang
(newbie)
09/25/07 10:06 AM
Re: Task:Update All? auction lots new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy, we don't get EOANs, but it happens when we wait a few days to update auction listings that have ended. If we update on a daily basis, there is no issue, or at least there was not until a few days ago.

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

leeflang
(newbie)
09/25/07 10:24 AM
Re: Task:Update All? auction lots new [re: bluepennylady]  

To all: I just found an old note from AW resolving this issue, which requires a reset. It is a solution which is not documented anywhere (as far as I can see) and not intuitive, so make a note of this:

'You can reset the last update date for any Auction Profile from within the AW2000 program.

Select "File | Auction Profiles..." from the menu bar. The Auction Profile Settings window will appear. To reset the last update date for an Auction Profile, right click on the profile in the list on the left hand side of the window. Select "Reset Last Update Date to | 1 Day Ago" from the popup menu. You can select a different value if you need to go back farther than 1 day. Once that is done, try updating your Auction Lots.'

NOTE: This allows you to go reset up to 30 days back! Just don't go on vacation any longer...;-)

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/25/07 01:43 PM
Re: Task:Update All? auction lots new [re: leeflang]  

Peter,

Yep that ought to work. If it doesn't, get hold of AW2000 tech support with the issue.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads