Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 61792 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/27/08 10:18 AM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: mayapur]  

HI,

No you cannot include links to your own website which offers product for sale outside of the eBay venue. In fact, any link cannot direct buyers to purchase something outside the eBay auction site within 3 clicks away. Meaning three landing pages.

You can includes links in your auction description which further explains the item. For instance, if I was selling a special hand tool that was Cooper Tools. I could include a link to the Cooper tool website which provided additional information to my buyer about just that item.

BUT< you can and should promote your eBay store outside of the eBay marketplace. That is completely allowable. So your website should have links back to your eBay store. AND AW2K is just the ticket for doing that. You can configure websites within AW2K, add auction lots to those websites when Queueing for listing and then upload everything you have added to the AW2K configured websites after you have listed the auctions. It is absolutely amazing how many buyers enter a store through those thumbnail pages.

And eBay gives you a Store Referral credit of 75% off the Final value fee for things that are sold by buyers entering your eBay store from an outside link.

Clear as mud, huh

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

mayapur
(stranger )
03/27/08 02:38 PM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks for your reply. It is usueful information as i will soon have a website but i would like to rephrase my question.

When i say auctions outside I meant to say auctions on ebay but outside of my ebay store. Or perhaps the auctions still show up in my ebay store since it will be the same user name? I am not too sure how it works. Hope this makes sense.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/27/08 03:05 PM

HI,

When you set up your eBay store, there are all kinds of settings to include advertisement on your auctions to drive traffic to your store.

And you can add links in your AW2K Listing template as well.

Every item that you list regardless of whether it is a Fixed price, Buy it now or an Auction style listing will appear in your Store. That is why you want to assign a store category to every Auction lot. So it will be in the right place within your store.

That does not mean that all the items are Buy It Now auctions. Auction style listings will only run for the length of time you specify, 1, 3, 5 7, or 10 day auctions. And sTore auctions run either 30 days or GTC. It is real handy to have the regular auctions show up inside your store as well. Fills up the store categories quickly. And if you enable the store "Search Box" then when a buyer enters your store and searches for something, they are only searching your auction listings. not all of eBay

I hope that makes it a bit clearer. If not, let me know and I will try again.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
03/31/08 10:49 PM

thanks for that. Very helpful!

Now i am a little confused what to do with regards to shipping since my location is Australia.

What i want to do is offer free shipping for both domestic and worldwide for my 'buy it now' listings which will be 75% of all of my listing. These listings will be via our ebay store. And then i want to list 25% of may auctions with a .99c start. These .99c start auctions i want to have the domestic and worldwide shipping to be a flat rate of US$12 and each additional item to be $6. What is the best way to configure all of this. It seems a bit complicated to me and i can't find a thread that discusses this. Do you have some suggestions? Many thanks. Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 05:44 AM

Hi,

No worries. Yes you can easily configure your shipping options like that.

When you create the Stock Inventory Item Or even an Auction lot,,, there is an entire tab for defining shipping options. Since you want to use Flat Rate, then in the Inventory Items, you will choose, Category, Item specifics and shipping options tab.

When you place a checkmark in "Define shipping for this auction site" two more options will appear.
Select "Define Flat rate shipping"

It is in those fields you can select the Flat rate which would be "Standard Flat rate service" in the drop down menu. enter in the cost of that service. And the "Additil item shipped" is next to that.

You can change the handling fee and make it different for those who live in the US or International. So be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the International because that handling fee is at the very bottom.

I hope that makes sense. If you need more help, just let me know.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 02:46 PM

Thanks for that. Do i also need to change settings on ebay preference page?

Also if i specify the shipping on the inventory item will it carry over to the auction lot?

Thanks
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 02:57 PM

Hi,

Flat rate shipping needs to be defined in My eBay Preferences as well as in AW2000. You can create rules in My preferences at eBay which applies at the checkout level.

Yes, any shipping options defined on a particular Stock Inventory Item copies directly to the Auction lot.

Here is how it works.
When you set up an Auction profile(s), there is a button in the lower part which when clicked allows you to define Listing templates, duration, store category and shipping options defaults.

When you create an Auction lot from a Stock inventory Item, AW2000 first looks to see if you have defined shipping options on that Stock Inventory Item. If you have not, then AW2000 goes and looks at the Auction profile. If there are default shipping options there then that is what is used for the Auction lot.

if there are Shipping options defined on the Inventory Item, that is what is used when the Auction lot is created.

I hope that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 03:18 PM

And if i set the shipping option in the auction lot does that over ride all other settings?

So really what i need to do then is set the default as Free shipping since 75% of my auctions will be such and then when it comes to creating the auction lots for the .99c start auction i need to change the shipping in the auction lot to flat rate would that be correct?

Also for buy it now auctions in my store do i only fill in the buy it now price and not the reserve and start price

And with .99c start auctions do i put .99 in the start price and nothing in the reserve and buy it now spots. I hope that makes sense.

thanks again
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 03:31 PM

HI,

Setting (defining) shipping options on an Auction lot takes precedence over the Auction profile defaults. And those options is what is listed on eBay.

if you want to define "Free Shipping" on a particular auction lot or group of Auction lots, you most certainly can.

To define "Free Shipping" on a single Auction lot, just go to the "Shipping options" tab. Click on ""Specify Flat Rate Shipping"
When the options and services display, Select the Service you will be using to send the item,
IN the Shipping cost field, enter the value of $0.00
In the "Additi'l item shipped" field enter the value of $0.00

You can select the shipping time as well as whether or not there is a cost for Insurance.

If you need to define shipping options for a group of Auction lots, you can do that in one whack.
Go to the Grid View,
Click on the first record you need to define shipping options for.
Hold down the "Shift" key and then click on the last record, Everything in between will become blue.
Right click and select "Change Shipping options" and select the Auction profile for which you are changing or adding shipping options to.
Then use the same steps above.
Choose, "specify flat rate"
Enter in $0.00 and the shipping service.
Aw2000 will apply the definitions to all the selected Auction lots.

If you need to pick and choose records instead of having the contiguous records, you can select non-contiguous records by using the "Ctrl" key and holding it down, Then you can choose records one by one instead.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

All Store Auctions are literally Buy It Now prices. Regardless of whether you enter the price in the "start" price field or the "Buy" price field. It is the site which makes it Buy It Now. And you are choosing to list it in eBay stores. Keep in mind that eBay stores auctions are not bidding. So choose the price you want to sell it at. And you cannot use the "reserve" price field for listing in the eBay store.

For your regular Auction style listings, if you want to list at .99 with no reserve, then you enter .99 in the "Start" price field with nothing in the "reserve" or the "Buy" price.

If you want to start the item at .99 and use a reserve so it doesn't sell for too little, then you would enter .99 in the Start price and the higher price in the Reserve price. the "Reserve" price is hid from the buyer. They cannot see it only you can.

I hope that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 06:41 PM

Okay

So how does this sound.

On my ebay preferences i selected a flat rate shipping rule that each additional item is $6

Then on my auction profile default i chose specify flat rate shipping cost - then standard flat rate shipping service with shipping cost at $12 and additional cost at $6

So now when i make my auction lots i will put 0 value for both shipping and additional costs. (i am putting 0 because for all the buy it now auction i want it to be free shipping).

then i can select all the .99c auctions in the grid view and choose change shipping option to auction profile default and it will make all the shipping values $12 for shipping and $6 for additional

Is that going to work. Or will aw2000 take the 0 value as a mistake and use the auction profile default.

I hope i am making sense.

Thanks for your help.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads