Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 61627 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
mayapur
(stranger )
03/18/08 06:59 AM
I'm a bit confused?  

Does AW2000 work on ebay.com.au? And why are there only USA options for domestic shipping?

Can you load Supersize pictures with this software?

All help is welcomed thank you.

Just getting started :-)

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/18/08 07:07 AM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: mayapur]  

Hi,

Welcome! It is so nice to meet you!

AW2000 is eBay.USA compatible at this time. You can register on the US site and then you can list. That is why you only see US type shipping options.

The image size is configured within AW2000. YOu can change the upload size by going to File on the menu. Choose "Program options".

The first tab is "General" Image sizes are dictated there. The default is 300 x 300.

I might suggest before you consider changing the image, add images, use the editor to edit the images and then list an Auction lot. I think you will find the images are displayed within the LIsting templates quite nicely and are of adequate size without the Supersize image. Much of how the image is displayed is determined by your camera settings and how you edit the image. You might give it a try.

But the answer to your question about the Supersize image is no. Supersize images are not used in AW2K..

Does that help?/ And please don't hesitate to post any questions you have..

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

mouse
(member)
03/18/08 11:32 AM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: bluepennylady]  

If I would like my pictures bigger what would I change the default setting to? Does that make them any bigger? Do they take longer to load? I have my camera settings at the "best", but there are some items I list that I wish would have the "supersize feature". I just listed an RC car for someone & I listed it through eBay because I knew buyers would want to see it & the parts up close.

I also have my signature wrong for a clickable link, don't I! Will have to check that out right now!
Thanks!
Mickey

Thanks!
Mickey
Visit my store for more great items at: http://stores.ebay.com/mickey6590?refid=store

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/18/08 11:40 AM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Your camera setting should be set to the absolute highest possible resolution. And if you need a close up of an item or part of an item/product., don't use the zoom.. Instead you get the object focused in the camera and then move forward until you can get the closest possible shot without using the zoom feature.

The images would be larger than the 300 x 300 depending on what you increase the size to. Just keep in mind, it can take longer for high resolution big images to load into someone's browser. That is why it is so important to have more than one shot and take several close up shots of the item.

Hopefully, Garry will drop by with his image expertise. He is a photo whiz and a half. Use to work for a company and he dealt with images every single day. so he is really good at it. I pick the poor man's brain about image ideas all of the time.

Geez I wonder if he is losing his hair because of that!!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/18/08 12:12 PM

MIckey,

Something you might consider. Rather than listing one auction using the eBay Sell your Item form and losing the consistency of your own Listing template etc. you could list the Auction lot using AW2K and then edit that one listing to add the Super size image.

Then the auction lot is in your AW2K database and can be managed instead of having to import an auction. You have to create an Auction lot for the item anyway. Or import the auction. So just list it and then edit it.

Just a thought.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
03/18/08 04:46 PM

Mickey/Judy:

I know now what caused all my hair to just disappear over night! It all didn't disappear a few diehards stayed around out of some sort of misplaced loyalty. I really think all the years working on Tabloids really caused the "great fallout" so Judy didn't have anything to do with it.

Working with Pix on a computer can be maddening I know. Tje first thing to understand is that a monitor can only display 72 dpi. That isn't that great of a resolution. However, if you take your image at 72 dpi it will be too small to be useful and if there is any kind of writing in the pix it will not be legible. Let's assume you are taking images with a Digital Camera. We can talk about images from a scanner it you wish later. Judy is right - use the highest setting you have available on your Digital Camera. A cell phone camera really isn't an acceptable device for pix for auctions - however, if that is all you have we can work with it sometimes. I know, the high setting reduces the amount of pix you can get on the memory device - however, just download the images and keep on taking pix. You will find that there are a lot more advantages to the higher DPI image that outweigh the problem of an occasional download. If you want close ups of portions of your product - take them as a close up - don't use the zoom feature unless you absolutely have to. Move the camera closer to your product and then take the pix.

Next, after you get all of your images taken and downloaded onto your computer you are ready to begin preparing them for auction. The first thing we all need to remember is that the JPG format for pix is a LOSS format - that means that each time you save the image the compression used drops off some of the pixels so after a bit the image will degrade. The best way to prevent any additional unnecessary image loss is to set the options under save to LARGE file - Less compression less Loss. It usually a slider bar of some sort. Always, always always save the first time under a New Name. That way if something messes up you still have your original image without any edits and you can start again if needed. If you don't have PhotoShop there are several other free software programs there that work well for some image work. You might want to look at irfanview. Another free software program for images is Paint.net it is Open Source Freeware and can be downloaded at http://www.getpaint.net/index.html. Another fantastic program is ezimage however it is not free. But really just use any image editing program you have to fix up your images and crop them to the way you want them to appear in your auction. Once you are happy with the image make sure they are at least 100 dpi and better yet at 150 dpi then save them under a new name with the least JPG compression.

You can now move them into AW2K. This is only a suggestion from my experience with aw2k - but set your Program Options in aw2k on the General Tab to have Uploaded Images Resize (place a check mark there) and to Minimum and Maximum at 500. The following is not a solicitation for business but if you wish you can check out the following auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330220381261

You will notice the words are readable and the images are of a good size and the download is fairly quick. The settings I suggested above have been applied to this auction as in all of my auctions and once you start this way aw2k will import your image do it's "stuff" to it and upload the image to your server in the size that will display in the auction. That way there isn't a lot of changes going on in your images.

As for the zoom feature, I have not yet found it necessary to use it. I know a lot of sellers like the feature but as for my auctions it isn't necessary. If I do want a Zoomed Pix - I load the ORIGINAL pix (remember not overwriting it) and crop out the area I want zoomed. Save that as a new image making sure the DPI is at least 150 and there you go - you have a zoomed image. Just remember to keep the DPI at the highest rate you can without being silly over it. As I mentioned earlier the monitors only display 72 DPI but if they have a larger DPI to work with there is less information lost - when you have a 72 dpi image and it gets blown up - well you get the idea. You can use the aw2k image editing portion for some additonal flopping, or tilting or a few simple procedures. But remember the saving thing from earlier, every time you save the image it degrades a little bit. So do all of your editing in one session in aw2k then save.

I hope some of this has been of some help. I know I've chatted on and on over this. If there are some questions that I didn't cover just let me know and I will be happy to help with other questions. It shouldn't be the only thing that sells an auction however people are getting more and more visual and they read the descriptions less and less. So a good image sure helps.

Garry

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/18/08 05:00 PM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

Shall I send some of my hair the next time I have mine cut and thinned which is at least every four weeks sometimes more often. And there is lots of hair to spare.

We use Irfanview. To add cool backgrounds, etc we recently started using Blingit! on our images. We still have images to run through BlingIt! but we really like it.

Thanks for the info.. Your a gem!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
03/18/08 05:21 PM

Judy:
The extra hair would be helpful. LOL...even though this is FL. there are times when a cold breeze attacks and there is no top protection left.

I was going to ask if you were still using Blingit. It is a great program once you get the hang of it. The results for product shots is amazing - no more desk or shelf or kitchen table showing in the image - just the product. Looks so professional Ifranview is fantastic for renaming a pile of images and converting/resizing them. And the price is right for ifranvies. I recommend it to a lot of my software customers for normalizing their images and all of them found it great to use.

You're welcome for the info - and as I said if there is anything else just let me know.

Garry

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/18/08 06:53 PM

Garry,

The BlingIt! has been a real help. We have some products that are far too large for the photo center or light box. LIke the Razor bikes we had Those were brand new in the manufacture packaging. We took one out and put it together. But because we did not have BlingIt! when we first listed them, everyone and their brother emailed and asked if it was new or used. The picture was against the front register counter in our store. and it looked used.

After we edited the images with BlingIt! and removed the unwanted background, added the outside looking background, that question was totally eliminated. Plus the things brought way more money.

We have had questions though if the picture was of the actual item or if we had used a "canned" shot from a catalog or somewhere. My staff is getting pretty good at this BlingIt! thing.

We use IrfanView in class for image editing. It is easy to use and people understand.

I am sure we will think of more "image" questions

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
03/18/08 07:04 PM

Judy:

Funny what a pix will do for questions. If they get the idea from the pix that it is used it must generate a ton of questions. Nice to have blingit help put a stop to the questions.

Garry

racicot
(stranger )
03/21/08 07:35 AM

I hear there are no stupid questions - so here is mine. How do you find out the dpi of the picture you took. I read your posting with great interest as this image thing always has me confused. When I right click on the picture in my ebay auction to bring up the properties of the picture, it gives me the size in bytes and the dimensions in pixels. Would one of those be the dpi?

I use an old mavica floppy disk camera and always use the zoom feature. I "think* my pictures look good. Just trying to figure this whole thing out. Thank you, Sharon

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/21/08 08:10 AM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: racicot]  

Sharon,

Nope no stupid questions here. And besides all that, there are lots of questions about images, pixels, etc. Just ask away...

You have a Sony Mavica! I love mine! The hard drive went out. I need to get it fixed. That thing takes the best close up pictures of any camera we had on the place. You can read the fine print on a solder tip with that camera...

I think the dpi Garry is referring to is actually the monitor not the images.

We used the Zoom on that camera too. And for some reason it would just take the cleanest close up images. MY other Sony does not do that. If we zoom, the images can be fuzzy. It is better to change the setting to Macro and then move the camera forward and hitting the focus to pull the image in clear before taking a shot.

In all reality, it is the Pixels of the image that determine if the image is clear and clean. And how it displays in a browser or on your computer. So I wouldn't worry about the DPI too much.

I'll see if Garry will drop by and offer his insight.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

AquilaStamps
(addict)
03/21/08 08:31 AM

Hi Sharon:

You are so right - there are no stupid questions. Maybe sometimes stupid answers, but that's a whole other story. As to the DPI of an image there are a couple of ways you can tell. The easiest way to tell is when the pix lives on your computer. Navigate to the picture using explorer (not windows explorer) and when you find the picture or in this instance any picture right click on the name or pix itself. This will bring up a dropdown box. Then click on OPEN. This should open the picture in Microsoft Photo Editor. You will see the pix - then click on FILE that will open another drop down box and just a little over half way down the list click on PROPERTIES. A box will open and give you some information about your picture. The Image type is given and just below that it will list a number followed by "pixels/inch". This will be the DPI of that particular image.

If you have ifranview then open the image in Ifranview click on Image then click on Informaton. Midway down the box will be the DPI setting for that image. Several other photo/image/paint programs will give you the same information with roughly the same headings to click on. Right clicking on an image in Internet Explorer will not give you that info, it will only give you the size of the image.

As far as your camera goes, you have a good camera, not to worry, and if using the zoom feature on it gives you good non blurry images then I wouldn't change what I'm doing. However, if you notice that there is some blurryness to the image I would simply move in closer to the object and not use the zoom feature. Also you are correct in using the highest setting available you are doing well. The best way to tell about the quality of your images is to run a quick test. Get something ready to photograph. It would be best if there was some writing/type on it, a lot of color, and has some shape to it also. Have a piece of paper and a pencil handy to write down the different settings you use for each picture. It's easy to forget and then you don't know for sure which picture is which. First take a photo of your "product" as you normally have been taking pictures. The next shot take with the highest image resolution available on your camera. Then set your camera to the zoom feature and take a third picture keeping your camera set to the highest resolution. Finally, still keeping everything the same, undo the zoom feature and move in closer to the object and take the fourth picture. Now download all of the images to your computer and look at them all side by side and see which picture "looks" the best to you.

Hope this helps. If not, the let me know and I'll be happy to have a better answer for you.

Garry

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/21/08 08:53 AM

Sharon,

See I told you Garry could provide insight

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

racicot
(stranger )
03/21/08 04:09 PM

Garry - thank you so much - your idea of trying the different pictures with different settings, etc is a great idea and one that I will try.

I opened a picture that I took for ebay in ifraview (I don't have microsoft photo editor) - I still can't find the dpi setting. Under "Information" it gives the pictures type (JPEG) under compression. Then below that is "Resolution" but both boxes are blank! I'm not sure what is wrong.

Because you said in your other message that the picture should be from 100 to 150 dpi, I'm trying to see if mine are that size.

Thank you for your time! Sharon

AquilaStamps
(addict)
03/21/08 06:18 PM

Sharon:

If you don't have Microsoft Photo Editor I'm sure you have Microsoft Paint. It's not much of a program but it will help you out trying to figure out the DPI. Open Microsoft Paint. START/Programs/Accessories/Paint.

Click on Open, then navigate to the picture you want. Double click it. When it opens click on IMAGE/Attributes. You will get a dropdown box that shows some information about the pix. The third line reads: Resolution - ### x ### Dots per Inch where ### is a number. That is your DPI.

Also another tip about photos in AW2K. To insure all the work you have put into your photos is worth it and shows a nice photo on eBay do the following once you have AW2K open:

Go to FILE/Program Options/ click on the GENERAL tab. Then on the right side of the box that opened under JPG Output Quality you will see a slider bar. Slide the bar to the left so that the number above it says "2" - higher quality. Yes it makes for a larger image on disk and on the server but it gives an overall better image on your eBay page.

Hope this helps Sharon. If not or there are other questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your project to have optimal photos in your eBay auctions. I seriously think that a good description and title have a great deal to do with a buyer's decision to bid. However, a poor pix can take that potential bidder and cause them oftentimes not to bid. The combination of a great pix along with all of the other stuff helps to draw them in (Especially now with free thumbnails - well sorta free) and encourages them to bid. What's that old saying? "A good picture is worth a thousand words". Not sure if it is a thousand, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have the best possible pix you can produce.

Garry

mayapur
(stranger )
03/23/08 03:19 PM

Im just starting out so i am planning to fill up my inventory and then list items from my inventory. I will be listing about 25% of my auctions at $.99c reserve outside of my ebay store and then 75% inside the store at buy now price. Does it sound like a cost effective plan as i am unfamiliar with ebay fees? It will take me a while to fill up my inventory so i don't want to purchase a store until i am ready to list the items. Is it ok to purchase the store after i fill up my inventory?

Also how does AW2000 work with your customized ebay store categories?

Thank you for your help.

mayapur
(stranger )
03/23/08 03:25 PM

Also in the inventory items section there is catergories, shipping options and item specifics. Why do we have to select where we sell the item at this point. for eg. ebay or ebay store. Shouldn't that option be when you go to list?

I hope that makes sense.

(or in other words)

Say i enter an inventory item of which the quantity is 6 and i want 1 item to list into ebay and 1 item to list into my ebay store what do i choose when it comes to this catergories, shipping options and item specifics option.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/23/08 03:30 PM

HI,

AW2000 works slick as a whistle with your eBay custom store categories. After you create the Store category structure on eBay, go to AW2000 and import the store categories. You import Store Categories by going to the Auction lot tab/window, Click on the "Additional Fields" button. The Store category fields will appear. Right click and select "Import Store categories" Anytime, you make Store category changes on eBay, you just right click and import. Works slick as a whistle.

Is there a particular reason you wish to use a "Reserve" price in conjuction with the .99 starting price . The reserve fee is no longer refundable when your item sells. So you have to add that cost into your product cost. You might go to eBay Help and look at the listing and final value fees. Print them out. Then sit down with a pen, paper and calculator and find what price points will yield you the best return. Or the best chance of a good return.

Adding Inventory to AW2K for listing at a later date is one of the great features of AW2K... Add as much inventory as you want. You can create an Auction lot or numerous Auction lots any time you want.

Sounds like you have a plan!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/23/08 03:36 PM

Hi,

You can decide where you want to list when you get ready to list the item. But it is efficient to complete all the fields prior to listing. All those fields have to be completed regardless of where you list.

When you create an Auction lot, AW2K will ask you what profile you want to create the Auction lot for. If you only have eBay as a profile, the eBay store won't even show as an option. Once you add the eBay store profile, then when you create an Auction lot, AW2K will allow you to choose what profile you want to create the Auction lot for.

If you do not complete the fields when creating the Stock inventory Item, it is easy to forget to do it later. Meaning the category field, Item specifics and shipping options.

I hope that makes sense.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
03/23/08 03:39 PM

Perfect sense thank you very much.

mayapur
(stranger )
03/23/08 03:42 PM

Sorry to confuse you. Where i currently list we call it .99c reserves. I meant to say a 99c starting fee.

Thank you for your great advice.

One more thing. How do i ensure that all my pics get have gallery feature when i go to list them?

Thanks agian
Mayapur

mayapur
(stranger )
03/23/08 03:48 PM

So do you think i will need to purchase the ebay store before i fill up my inventory? I am asking this because i am wondering if you need to fill something out relating to the customized category setting of your store when you are entering your inventory. Hope that makes sense.

thanks again.

moonstruck22
(member)
03/23/08 03:50 PM

Just a head's up, or reminder, with the new eBay policies there isn't a .99 starting price!
Have to start at 1.00!
Didn't want you to have to go back and reenter all the starting prices.

Marty
Visit my eBay Store!
Moonstruck Antiques and More
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)

Hi,

As of February 20, all auctions have the Gallery. If you fail to check the "Gallery' checkbox on the Lister window, the Gallery image still shows. You will receive a warning message from eBay about it which reminds you to change the option on the AW2K Lister window. But the Gallery image uploads and shows.

Thanks for clarifying. You will just have to print out the fees chart and simply sit down with a calculator and figure up what is the most cost effective. Either listing with a .99 start price and use a reserve price. Or just starting the Auction lot at the lowest price you will take.

Be sure to do a bit of research before you list. Find out where items similar to yours are selling and how much they are currently bringing.

Here lately we got in a huge inventory of abrasives to liquidate. We put them in the Home and Garden abrasives category. but before I put them online, I decided to check and see if anyone else was selling the particular abrasive. And what category.

Research showed most were listed on eBay Motors parts and accessories in the Automotive body shop category. And that is the category which the items sold for the most money..

A little bit of research might go a long way towards getting a better return on your dollar...

Just a thought.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )

And what is the difference between listing from an inventory item and a stock inventory item?

Thank
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/23/08 03:54 PM

HI,

You can add the Store categories later. There is a right click option in AW2K so you can add those STore categories in bulk later..

I can't tell you whether or not if you should open an eBay store right off the bat. I can say that purchasing something you are not ready to stock with Inventory may not be a prudent use of funds. A few weeks might allow you adequeate time to get inventory ready to list in an eBay store.

But then you might want to open a Store and get everything set up right now. It will just be what you want to do and how it works best for your business.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/23/08 03:59 PM
Re: I'm a bit confused? new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

Thanks for the reminder. Here is the link to the fee chart just so everyone will have it.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Buy It Now and Fixed price must be at $1.00. Auction style listings can start at .01.

And boy does eBay ever kick out auction lots whose start price isn't $1.00. I had a bunch of errors just yesterday as I forgot to change the silly start price.

Thank goodness the Start price and Buy It now price can be changed in bulk with a right click!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/23/08 04:08 PM

Hi,

You know am glad you asked. I started to say something a bit ago because I noticed you were only talking about Inventory Items and not Stock Inventory Items.

Stock Inventory Items track quantities. Inventory items do not. When you create a new Inventory item number, you will notice in the upper right hand side there is a checkbox for "Stock" item. When you click that other fields become active. The Qty in stock. Qty committed and Qty Available.

If you do not check that box and create an Auction lot, it becomes just a single Inventory item. And you can never make it a Stock inventory item if you change your mind later.

There are also some reports that are unavailable if you do not use Stock Inventory Items. I recommend Stock inventory items even if you only have one of the item. If you get in more later, you simply add the into the qty in stock box.

You can always see exactly where everything is committed to .... An Auction lot or an Invoice or nothing at all. Stock Inventory items are just much easier to deal with.

Some users do not use Inventory Items at all regardless of STock or non-stock. They only use the Auction lots. I found using only Auction lots or even Non-stock Inventory items too difficult to manage. But you might like it just fine.

Regardless, please know that some reports will not show non-stock Inventory Items.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
03/27/08 02:22 AM

thank you so much for all of your valuable help.

If i have some listings outside of my ebay store does ebay allow you to advertise your store on the auction?

Thanks
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/27/08 10:18 AM

HI,

No you cannot include links to your own website which offers product for sale outside of the eBay venue. In fact, any link cannot direct buyers to purchase something outside the eBay auction site within 3 clicks away. Meaning three landing pages.

You can includes links in your auction description which further explains the item. For instance, if I was selling a special hand tool that was Cooper Tools. I could include a link to the Cooper tool website which provided additional information to my buyer about just that item.

BUT< you can and should promote your eBay store outside of the eBay marketplace. That is completely allowable. So your website should have links back to your eBay store. AND AW2K is just the ticket for doing that. You can configure websites within AW2K, add auction lots to those websites when Queueing for listing and then upload everything you have added to the AW2K configured websites after you have listed the auctions. It is absolutely amazing how many buyers enter a store through those thumbnail pages.

And eBay gives you a Store Referral credit of 75% off the Final value fee for things that are sold by buyers entering your eBay store from an outside link.

Clear as mud, huh

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
03/27/08 02:38 PM

Thanks for your reply. It is usueful information as i will soon have a website but i would like to rephrase my question.

When i say auctions outside I meant to say auctions on ebay but outside of my ebay store. Or perhaps the auctions still show up in my ebay store since it will be the same user name? I am not too sure how it works. Hope this makes sense.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
03/27/08 03:05 PM

HI,

When you set up your eBay store, there are all kinds of settings to include advertisement on your auctions to drive traffic to your store.

And you can add links in your AW2K Listing template as well.

Every item that you list regardless of whether it is a Fixed price, Buy it now or an Auction style listing will appear in your Store. That is why you want to assign a store category to every Auction lot. So it will be in the right place within your store.

That does not mean that all the items are Buy It Now auctions. Auction style listings will only run for the length of time you specify, 1, 3, 5 7, or 10 day auctions. And sTore auctions run either 30 days or GTC. It is real handy to have the regular auctions show up inside your store as well. Fills up the store categories quickly. And if you enable the store "Search Box" then when a buyer enters your store and searches for something, they are only searching your auction listings. not all of eBay

I hope that makes it a bit clearer. If not, let me know and I will try again.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
03/31/08 10:49 PM

thanks for that. Very helpful!

Now i am a little confused what to do with regards to shipping since my location is Australia.

What i want to do is offer free shipping for both domestic and worldwide for my 'buy it now' listings which will be 75% of all of my listing. These listings will be via our ebay store. And then i want to list 25% of may auctions with a .99c start. These .99c start auctions i want to have the domestic and worldwide shipping to be a flat rate of US$12 and each additional item to be $6. What is the best way to configure all of this. It seems a bit complicated to me and i can't find a thread that discusses this. Do you have some suggestions? Many thanks. Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 05:44 AM

Hi,

No worries. Yes you can easily configure your shipping options like that.

When you create the Stock Inventory Item Or even an Auction lot,,, there is an entire tab for defining shipping options. Since you want to use Flat Rate, then in the Inventory Items, you will choose, Category, Item specifics and shipping options tab.

When you place a checkmark in "Define shipping for this auction site" two more options will appear.
Select "Define Flat rate shipping"

It is in those fields you can select the Flat rate which would be "Standard Flat rate service" in the drop down menu. enter in the cost of that service. And the "Additil item shipped" is next to that.

You can change the handling fee and make it different for those who live in the US or International. So be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the International because that handling fee is at the very bottom.

I hope that makes sense. If you need more help, just let me know.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 02:46 PM

Thanks for that. Do i also need to change settings on ebay preference page?

Also if i specify the shipping on the inventory item will it carry over to the auction lot?

Thanks
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 02:57 PM

Hi,

Flat rate shipping needs to be defined in My eBay Preferences as well as in AW2000. You can create rules in My preferences at eBay which applies at the checkout level.

Yes, any shipping options defined on a particular Stock Inventory Item copies directly to the Auction lot.

Here is how it works.
When you set up an Auction profile(s), there is a button in the lower part which when clicked allows you to define Listing templates, duration, store category and shipping options defaults.

When you create an Auction lot from a Stock inventory Item, AW2000 first looks to see if you have defined shipping options on that Stock Inventory Item. If you have not, then AW2000 goes and looks at the Auction profile. If there are default shipping options there then that is what is used for the Auction lot.

if there are Shipping options defined on the Inventory Item, that is what is used when the Auction lot is created.

I hope that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 03:18 PM

And if i set the shipping option in the auction lot does that over ride all other settings?

So really what i need to do then is set the default as Free shipping since 75% of my auctions will be such and then when it comes to creating the auction lots for the .99c start auction i need to change the shipping in the auction lot to flat rate would that be correct?

Also for buy it now auctions in my store do i only fill in the buy it now price and not the reserve and start price

And with .99c start auctions do i put .99 in the start price and nothing in the reserve and buy it now spots. I hope that makes sense.

thanks again
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 03:31 PM

HI,

Setting (defining) shipping options on an Auction lot takes precedence over the Auction profile defaults. And those options is what is listed on eBay.

if you want to define "Free Shipping" on a particular auction lot or group of Auction lots, you most certainly can.

To define "Free Shipping" on a single Auction lot, just go to the "Shipping options" tab. Click on ""Specify Flat Rate Shipping"
When the options and services display, Select the Service you will be using to send the item,
IN the Shipping cost field, enter the value of $0.00
In the "Additi'l item shipped" field enter the value of $0.00

You can select the shipping time as well as whether or not there is a cost for Insurance.

If you need to define shipping options for a group of Auction lots, you can do that in one whack.
Go to the Grid View,
Click on the first record you need to define shipping options for.
Hold down the "Shift" key and then click on the last record, Everything in between will become blue.
Right click and select "Change Shipping options" and select the Auction profile for which you are changing or adding shipping options to.
Then use the same steps above.
Choose, "specify flat rate"
Enter in $0.00 and the shipping service.
Aw2000 will apply the definitions to all the selected Auction lots.

If you need to pick and choose records instead of having the contiguous records, you can select non-contiguous records by using the "Ctrl" key and holding it down, Then you can choose records one by one instead.

I hope that makes sense and helps.

All Store Auctions are literally Buy It Now prices. Regardless of whether you enter the price in the "start" price field or the "Buy" price field. It is the site which makes it Buy It Now. And you are choosing to list it in eBay stores. Keep in mind that eBay stores auctions are not bidding. So choose the price you want to sell it at. And you cannot use the "reserve" price field for listing in the eBay store.

For your regular Auction style listings, if you want to list at .99 with no reserve, then you enter .99 in the "Start" price field with nothing in the "reserve" or the "Buy" price.

If you want to start the item at .99 and use a reserve so it doesn't sell for too little, then you would enter .99 in the Start price and the higher price in the Reserve price. the "Reserve" price is hid from the buyer. They cannot see it only you can.

I hope that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 06:41 PM

Okay

So how does this sound.

On my ebay preferences i selected a flat rate shipping rule that each additional item is $6

Then on my auction profile default i chose specify flat rate shipping cost - then standard flat rate shipping service with shipping cost at $12 and additional cost at $6

So now when i make my auction lots i will put 0 value for both shipping and additional costs. (i am putting 0 because for all the buy it now auction i want it to be free shipping).

then i can select all the .99c auctions in the grid view and choose change shipping option to auction profile default and it will make all the shipping values $12 for shipping and $6 for additional

Is that going to work. Or will aw2000 take the 0 value as a mistake and use the auction profile default.

I hope i am making sense.

Thanks for your help.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 06:56 PM

Hi,

If the Auction profile default is Flat rate of $12 and additi'l item of $6 choosing Auction lot default in the Grid view will change the shippping options to the Default settings. It will override whatever values you entered into each individual Auction lot.

but I think maybe you have eBay store listings confused with regular auction style listings. OR are you going to list buy It Now auctions in the core auctions and not have a Store right now???

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/01/08 07:28 PM

Ohhhh i get it.

I have two different profiles. And i can set 2 different defaults. For the ebay store the default will be free shipping and the .99c starts will have a default of $12 and $6 is that right?

And if i am going to use the default setting do i leave the shipping and additional shipping and insurance on the auction lots blank or do i put 0 value?

So how to do the settings in Ebay then if i want to have these different options. Is there store preference shipping and then a different preference for regular auctions?

sorry to be a bother

You can't imagine how helpful you are! I don't think i could do this without you :-)

Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/01/08 08:34 PM

Hi,

You got it.

If you are wanting to use the Auction profile defaults, then just leave the box unchecked that says, Define shipping options for this Auction site" on the Inventory Item.

If you are simply creating Auction lots, then when you select the Auction profile you want to use to create the Auction lot, AW2K will automatically choose the default shipping options for that Auction profile.

I am so glad the information I provided has been helpful. That is a good thing! Better than completely confusing you

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mayapur
(stranger )
04/02/08 00:01 AM

And as far as the ebay settings go what would be the best setting there or does it not matter because the aw2000 options will over ride them? Is there setting you can put for ebay store and other setting for regular auction listings?

What would be the best setting for what i am trying to achieve?

Thanks again
Mayapur

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/02/08 04:19 AM

Hi,

The Settings in My eBay Shipping Preferences apply for both core auctions and Store auctions.

The My eBay Flat rate shipping rule is actually a "discount" which applies to an order if the buyer purchases multiple items from multiple auction listings.

If the buyer purchases multiple items from a single auction lot, the settings in AW2000 for Additional item ship takes precedence.

I think you will find it less complicated and confusing to have the Flat rate Additional item ship value in My eBay Shipping Preferences match the value in AW2K. Free shipping on items is free shipping no matter what.. eBay checkout will not apply shipping charges to the Free Shipping auctions when a buyer pays. As long as you properly listed the Auction as Free Shipping.

hope that helps

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mouse
(member)
04/06/08 05:37 PM

Hi Garry!
I've been checking out that program BlingIt! & love it! I have a question about IrFanView. I thought you said that you use that program to resize your pictures. I use Windows Photo Gallery & have my camera set at high resolution. I think my DPI is 180 (does that sound right)? Can I just save the pictures in Photo Gallery, then fix them up in Bling It then put them in AW?
Thanks for your help!
Mickey

Thanks!
Mickey

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/mickey6590?refid=store

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/06/08 06:56 PM

Mickey,

Garry will drop by later with his great insight..

You need to be able to resize an image as well as "Save As" Not rename. I don't use Windows photo gallery anymore but if memory serves me correctly, you can only rename an image not "Save As".

Irfanview is easy to use and it is "free" which is another real good perk.. Images can be resized and Save As

BlingIt! is totally cool. But it doesn't allow you to resize or increase the DPI to create a clearer image. Primarily adding the background. You can tilt, crop and do quite a bit of other really neat stuff. But you need to start with a high resolution and DPI image to begin with...

I hope that makes sense.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

mouse
(member)
04/07/08 06:37 AM

I'm confused on the picture thing. Why do I have to resize the picture if it is already at 180 DPI's (I think that's what mine is)...I fix it in Photo Gallery & then Bling It resizes it?
Also, why do I have to "Save as"...I know there must be a good reason! Right now I just have them on my desktop & then move them or delete later on (that's probably why I should "save as"...to a folder?
I did download IrVanview, but don't really understand it......guess I should click on "help"!
I am supposed to have the picture at a high DPI while fixing it, right? Hope this all makes sense! I should take a class on digital photography!
Mickey

Thanks!
Mickey

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/mickey6590?refid=store

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/07/08 08:26 AM

Mickey,

Using "Save As" preserves the original image. If you make a mistake, you have the original to start over with. Otherwise, you are saving all changes to the original image. If something goes haywire, you accidentally do something you do not want and you have saved everything on the original, then you would have to take another image to start over. "Save As" means you have the original and the new edited image as well. I hope that makes sense.

If your images are indeed 180 DPI then you are probably okay and don't need to worry about changing the DPI. The resize option in BlingIt! for the "Ebay" site works pretty well. It puts it right where it needs to be. The Blingit! help provides the maximum Auction site dimensions for an image.

You should double check the DPI just to be sure it is set where you think it is.

YOu can check it in Irfanview. If you go to "File | Open| in Irfanview. and navigate to an image either in "Pictures" or on your desktop. And select an image.

On the menu of "Irfanview" select Image. Then "Resize/Resample"
When the "Reize/Resample Image" applet opens, look in the lower left hand corner. The DPI of the image appears. If the image is 180 DPI, it will show up there. Does that makes sense??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads