Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 20174 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
pnwwholesale
(stranger )
04/11/08 02:03 AM
missing the most important feature for listings  

Once agin,
I think this could be the best ebay automation product ever, except for the most important listing function of all missing.
I'm talking about scheduling.
I can't believe that a product as well thoght out as this one, with all it's features, doesn't include a real scheduling function.
If I want to lit 10 copies of the same auction at ten different times and days, why should I have to pay ebay a fee to do it. There are a tons of online services that offer the ability to schedule listings to be uploaded at a scheduled time outside of ebay's charge per listing structure if scheduled, why doesn't this product offer it?
If I want to list 10000 copies of the same listing at different days and times, why should I have to pay ebay $1,000 to do it? I't's FREE through the online sites.
Just amazed this functionality isn't built in.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/11/08 06:05 AM
Re: missing the most important feature for listings new [re: pnwwholesale]  

Hi,

You can list 10 copies at different days and times. You bet. But you have to push the List all lots button.

I use LogMeIn remote access if I need to list something when I happen to be gone from work. LogMeIn remote is free. Or I should say there is a completely free version which works very well.

I just Queue auction lots for the days I want them to list. If I am out of the store, then I use LogMeIn.

But I will pass the suggestion on to Auction Wizard tech support.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

pnwwholesale
(stranger )
04/11/08 06:32 AM
Re: missing the most important feature for listing new [re: bluepennylady]  

Sounds great,
When I posted I only saw the option to pick the day, and then schedule times through ebay. I'll try it out with post all lots instead of just one like I tested it with.
Just new this had to be built in, too good of a product for it not to be.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/11/08 08:20 AM
Re: missing the most important feature for listing new [re: pnwwholesale]  

HI,

If you use the "Schedule time and day" option, the auctions do get posted to eBay and then you are charged the .10 per auction charge.

But you can select to Queue an Auction lot or several Auction lots for a different day. And those Auction lots will just sit in the AW2K database perfectly content and not appear for listing until the designated day. Just remember you have to push the "List all lots" button yourself. And believe me, that is not a bad thing at all.

Online services that have the auto re-scheduler and auto lister can and do have lots of problems with that part of their applications. Not too long ago, here in the last few weeks, several services which offer the "auto scheduler" had a major glitch. And started listing sellers auctions repeatedly. Overlisting items even though their inventory only had x number the auctions just kept launching one right after the other. And the sellers had to pay the listing fees. That is not cool. I would personally much rather have control of not only my own data on my own computers but also decide how many auctions are listed and when they are listed without risking a timer/clock somewhere to go haywire and list something I don't want listed.

Let me know how it goes. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

pnwwholesale
(stranger )
04/12/08 10:09 AM

Yes,
I can schedule several different auctions for the same day, and even set them to post one very 2 hours or something like that. But If I want to list one at 10a, 12p, 1pm and 7pm, I couldn't use the delay feature because of the different amounts of time in between listing times. Some of the stuff I sell does better at specific ending times, so I need this capability. I've always been pretty happy with Auctiva because of this feature, but they won't let me host my own pictures, which I like to do because of the SEO benefits of all those links back to my website from ebay. And with Auction Wizards automatic image management functions it really makes it a breeze.
I guess for now I'll have to figure something else out. Maybe I could still use this program with some kind of a calendar reminder to ding at me or something at the times I need to post. I'll take a look at that other program you mentioned before and see if I can get something going with it.
Or maybe I'll just bite the bullet and pay eBay the extra coupoe of thousand a year for scheduling. God knows they need the money ;)

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/12/08 10:29 AM

HI,

Why don't you put in the time delays in between and just leave the computer running. That's what I do. Auction wizard has a timer in it.

On the Lister window, use "Start listing when submitted"
Check the box below "Wait x minutes and x seconds" in between listings. Of course you can only put 2 minutes in between,

The Log Me IN allows you to remotely access your computer from anywhere you are at. And do whatever you want. I leave the server and my office computer running at my work. And I head home, When I need to list, I just log into work with LogMeIn, run Aw2000 and list what I want listed. With wireless most anywhere you go it isn't hard to do. I can even list when we travel as I just log in using my cellphone internet card and take care of whatever I need done. Then go my merry way...

I like the image hosting management in AW2000 too. Sure is easy!!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

pnwwholesale
(stranger )
04/12/08 03:04 PM

Yeah, well like I said the wait x minutes and seconds in between delay doesn't allow me to list with different delays in between.
The problem is I'm trying to learn php, cgi, etc, etc while I'm trying to build a couple of websites and shopping carts and get my ebay business all going at the same time. Not to mention I'm trying to get everything set up to sell on ebay, overstock, froogle, and yahoo and several other sites all at the same time. And I'm still in the process of researching products to sell and at what times and prices to sell them at on ebay and others. And of course reading forums like this one and the ebay powerseller forum to try and learn all the things I need to learn to be successful.
Doesn't leave much time to actually list the stuff, especially when I'm targeting Australia, the UK, Canada and Mexico in addition to the USA. Different time zones mean weird listing times.
Not to mention all the time I spend emailing customers/packing/shipping. I'm down to about 10hrs a week of sleep as it is.
With scheduling I could find a product I liked. research it, and then set the scheduler to list it at pre selected days and times for a month or so and then move on to my next product or project, ....or maybe a nap;)
Oh yeah, while I think about it. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a link to this board built into the help menu in the program itself? Easy way for users to get here.

pnwwholesale
(stranger )
04/12/08 03:11 PM

As far as log me in goes, it looks like a good product if I'm ever on a vacation or something. But right now I'm already in front of the computer almost 24x7, and of course it's up 24x7x7 so I don't really have a need for it. A program that dings at me to tell me to stop coding or whatever and switch screens and hit the list lots button would be more to the problem.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/12/08 04:14 PM

Hi,

Sounds like you need a really good Auction management software program to me!!

I hear you on the 24/7--website-- listing-- studying-- teaching--taking more college courses--- and being married with husband and 7 grandkids, I think I can fit sleep and recreation in sometime around 3 am a couple of times a week!

There is a link to the discussion board in the help file. Right on the front page..

I'll be good now and try to be serious, if that is possible

The email templates within AW2000 along with the ability to custom create templates complete with field tags makes customer service in terms of email responses a breeze. We have templates I created myself in AW2000 that we use to respond to commonly asked questions. So all we do is open the email up in the AW2000 email reader, hit reply with template x, Queue the email, send and we are done.

The email templates already available just need to be customized a bit to fit your business model which make dealing with the backend auction management as quick and easy. The templates provide a professional and consistency to your online business.

Overstock isn't difficult to list on at all. However, the restrictions as far as allowed HTML is much narrower than on eBay. For instance, Overstock doesn't allow background images outside a template frame properties. So whatever template you decide to customize, you can only use background images inside the frame properties.

Overstock's sell through rate is much lower than eBay's by far. I have sold on Overstock for over 2 years. Since they abolished the subscription plan, listings as well as sales have dropped significantly.

If you will just use the "completed Items" advanced search on eBay, you will be able to determine the better categories to list in as well as the better ending times. I don't know about the other sellers, as they will have to speak for themselves, but for us, we have found later in the evening between 9 to 10 pm, is a real good time to have auctions end. Our sales to Canada, Australia and Europe is good at those times.

Thursday nights are good. Saturday nights is usually an excellent night to end auctions. We don't do worth a hoot on Wednesdays. Monday nights are hit and miss. Depending on what is on TV

Hang in there, you will get it all done.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

pnwwholesale
(stranger )
04/13/08 04:44 AM

Thanks for the info Judy.
I think what I'm going to do is just use Auctiva for the listings for now, because of the scheduling. Almost everything I sell is available from one of my suppliers as a drop ship in case their system brakes and lists more than I have in stock. Less profit margin if that happens, (like maybe $.10), but I'll be able to fill the orders.
Once I list I can import into AW2K using update right?
Then use AW2K for the email and accounting.
Once I update ebay and my listings are imported, can I use AW2K to send the listings to my website?
Randy

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads