Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 8314 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Tradeguy
(stranger )
12/21/02 07:52 AM
Minor Wish List new  

I've just done my first week with AW2K, and I must say I am super impressed. What a fantastic program!

I've only found a few areas of improvements that would really make things easier for me. I realize, of course, I just might not be doing something correctly as well - so please let me know!

1 - I forward payment receipt emails to a special AW2K account, dl it into AW2K, then I match it to the invoice, copy the name/address, and process the payment. All extremely efficent - and I never have to leave the email module! But when I am done, I have to go back to the invoice module to send my "payment received" template email. Since I process a lot of orders, it's a bit tedious. Would it be possible to have the "send using email template" option available when we're at the email/invoice split screen? Then I could complete the process for each payment email without the added step.

2 - I LOVE the batch processing of emails - notifications, invoices/labels, and feedback. It would be great if the system also batched "payment receipts" and "items sent" emails too - another "task" operation that could be based on invoice status.

3 - Last one. I use the "Shipping Manifest w/ Inventory Data" report to prepare my orders for shipping (it's nice having it all on a few sheets of paper for reference, rather than having to deal with individual invoices) - but the item titles are all truncated, which is sometimes a problem for me (I sell lots of similar items). Could that be fixed?

Thats it! Thanks again for creating a fantastic program!

Rich

chinacat
(newbie)
12/21/02 06:17 PM
Re: Minor Wish List [re: Tradeguy]  

As far as #1 goes, there is a 'reply with template' button at the top of the email. I use that, then if I'm replying to something that didn't come directly from the customer, for example an eBay 'request payment information' email, I just cut and paste the customer's email address from the invoice panel to the email 'To:' field.

Tradeguy
(stranger )
12/22/02 05:27 AM
Re: Minor Wish List new [re: chinacat]  

Excellent suggestion Chinacat! I was looking for the small green icon - I didn't even know there was a template reply button right there in front of my face. The cut/paste on the TO: is no prob. Thanks...that's one solved!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
12/24/02 12:12 PM
Re: Minor Wish List new [re: Tradeguy]  

How about the ability to sort unter the headers in teh inventory or Auction Lots categories. I.E. you click on Storage Location header and it sorts all inventory items by storage location, or the same with inventory category, or description.

Tradeguy
(stranger )
12/30/02 10:33 AM
Re: Minor Wish List new [re: chinacat]  

Chinacat - I tried your idea, and there is another problem with it - the message "title" isn't taken from the template - it's an "RE:" type of title taken from the payment message. I like to keep all my "payment recieved" emails organized...and it's hard this way. So...I just generated them individually for each "ready to ship" invoice.

Ideally, each time you enter a payment, there should be a check-box asking if you want to queue a "payment recieved" email back to the bidder.

In the same way, when we generate invoices and labels, there should be a check-box for queing an "items sent" email.

I am unbelievably thrilled with AW2K - by far the best system I've found. These 2 mods would make the entire process - from initial notification thru shipping - very seamless. And if you're like me where you send bidders constant status emails, it would virtually eliminate the missed email along the way.

Thanks!
Rich

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/02/03 08:56 AM

How about the ability to assign a category to an inventory item. Every time I create an auction from an inventory stock item I need to assign it to a category. Why not be able to do that as part of the inventory item itself?

Tradeguy
(stranger )
01/05/03 06:19 AM
Re: Minor Wish List new [re: Anonymous]  

I do know that you can assign a "store category" to an inventory item, which is then picked up when you create an auction lot. Very useful since I use the same inventory items to create regular and store auctions ;-)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/12/03 08:34 PM

I didn't mean a "Store Category". I did mean Category.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads