Catch-All
   >> Everything Else
Thread views: 9386 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

leeflang
(journeyman)
09/08/08 10:02 AM
Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP  

Please fix/update the dialog for the Ebay Return Policy ASAP.

Because AW2K still has an old version of that policy dialogue (they recently updated and added new fields), any listing listed with that old dialog will fail to relist/move to a different listing form when one tries to relist/move it using Ebay's bulk tool to move listings from store to auction or fixed price.

Moving items in bulk from store to fixed or auction is one of most common manipulations of sellers to get more visibility there. Now that has been made impossible, so it affects sales greatly.

It is of no use to do it manually by first ending listing in store, since that means one has to change the listing te,mplate on AW2K and then relist from AW2K and that hoel 'changing' of template is rather buggy, with several values changing that should not change (so it requires manual review of each lsiting in various areas) .

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/08/08 12:48 PM
Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP new [re: leeflang]  

Peter,

Ebay has not yet released the Return Policy changes and will not do so for another couple of weeks. There are no changes in the SYI form other than the drop down for who pays for the return shipping which defaults to the buyer.

If you do not have a Return Policy, you do not check the "Return Policy" checkbox. But you must plainly state in the Auction Terms of Sale you do not offer Returns. The Auction lots do not fail if you do not check the "Returns accepted" checkbox. Nor will your Auctions be non-compliant. You are in complete compliance when you specify you do not allow "Returns" in the Auction description.

All your Terms of Sale should be within the Listing Template footer area or in the Payment terms area. Making a change to the Listing template itself makes a global change to all Auctions using that template. It will not post the changes on live auctions. However, when the auctions come offline and are listed again (or on new Auctions) the changes are applied.

It is not impossible to move Auction lots from Store to Fixed or to Auctions. Just go to the Grid View, highlight the records you wish to move, right click and change Auction profiles. IF you are going to relist auction lots using eBay, you will end up having to import the auction lots into AW2K anyway. So it might be easier and quicker to consider simply changing the Auction profiles in AW2K and relisting using AW2K.

Honestly, Peter, I have not had a single Auction lot fail to list. Nor a single auction lot has failed to edit in Bulk. There were several of us editing our listings every single day because the eBay API was broken which stripped out discount preferences. And those listings had to be edited after listing. But I don't move my online Auctions to another format while they are live. I wait until they come off line to move them around.

Concerning changing Auction profiles and templates being buggy.. I am not sure what you are referring to. If you keep the Shipping options, Item specifics and Categories correct on the related Inventory Item, when you move Auction profiles or templates everything works like a charm. It is when you do not use Inventory Items or keep the Inventory Items fields current that you can run into an issue.

Keep in mind, that Shipping options can be edited in bulk by using the grid view.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

leeflang
(journeyman)
09/08/08 02:02 PM
Re: Please fix/update RETURN POLICY Ebay ASAP new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,

This time you are unfortunately in error.

Ebay already changed its return policy considerably. It may not be the final version, but that is irrelevant.

Apart from adding the extra drop list for selectring between buyer/seller, they also added new choices to the other two droo lists.

Again I am pointing out that, when trying to move in bulk items in Ebay's interface with buttons Send to Online Auction and Send To Fixed Price, either of these buttons fail to list and mention a problem message with each item:

This bug is caused because AW2K has not updated its listing routine to accomodate for the changes. So any listings done by AW2K with the old 'return' policy format, will not be processed by Ebay's two buttons to move them to auction or fixed.

There is a manual workwround possible, by opening each item on Ebay for revision and saving each item then with revising. Ebay will then save those items in teh new return policy format.

Peter

------------------
The message reads:

Edit Listings: Review Alerts'
'The editing feature is not available for some of your listings.'

Item #250215313118 - Coronet magazine - December 1939

The Item Specifics of the above item have been updated. You may want to review the listing before relisting or remove it from the list of items to be relisted.

Item #250215313160 - Collier's magazine - August 27, 1949

The Item Specifics of the above item have been updated. You
may want to review the listing before relisting or remove it from the list of items to be relisted.
Item #250215313160 - Collier's magazine - August 27, 1949

The Item Specifics of the above item have been updated. You may want to review the listing before relisting or remove it from the list of items to be relisted.

Please do one of the following:

To edit different listings, click the Back button.

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

leeflang
(journeyman)
09/08/08 02:07 PM

PS
Removing teh Return Poicy alogether is no option.

1) Irt diminishes visibility in search.
2) Our return policy is actually one of our strengths, a great benefit.

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/08/08 02:23 PM

Peter,

eBay added a 60 day option as well as the "Buyer/Seller" . If you do not choose an option for who pays for the return shipping, it defaults automatically to "Buyer" as the choice.

This is not an Aw2K issue in that the problem is eBay has not yet released the information to the third party providers. In fact, there are several changes which are not yet released nor will they be for another week. So it is impossible for AW2K to include the drop down options yet. The program can only provide the options when eBay makes them available.

The other third party providers were all complaining last Friday about how slowly eBay is releasing info to them.

I was not suggesting you not offer a Return policy. I did think from your post that you did not offer returns and thought you had to check the option. That is a common misconception at the present time since the eBay Return Policy does not even offer a "No returns accepted" option.And yet they state every seller must have a REturn policy. No returns is in fact a policy. So they are considering adding that option in.. Which is a really good idea.

It does appear from the message you provided you need to update your Item Specifics though And those have been released

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/10/08 07:15 PM

Peter,

Been working on the problem you had moving the Auctions from one format to another. And I have interesting information about the issue.

When moving live Auctions from one format to another, and the Item specifics have been updated/changed by eBay AFTER you listed the auction but prior to trying to move the Auction listing, the listing is not allowed to be moved to a different format until the Item specifics are changed/edited.

Hence the message you received about some of the Auctions could not be moved, etc,etc update the Item specifics or remove the Auctions from the list. Which means that each live auction listing which neeeds the Item specifics edited must be manually revised online at eBay. Unless you wait until the Auction ends and then move it to a different format in AW2K.

I been working on this since you posted the error message as the message didn't indicate anything about a "Return Policy" but rather was referring to Item Specifics. Finally found out from techs today what the deal is.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

leeflang
(journeyman)
10/04/08 07:43 PM

It was actually a bug on Ebay. They fixed it and now we can move again from one format to the other.

Anyway, hopefully Ebay will soon be history for us. We started selling on Bonanzle, a new site with quite a unique personality.

Maybe some day AW2K will offer listing to their site????;-).

Peter
THE LEEFLANG ARCHIVES

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads