General
   >> Feedback
Thread views: 61725 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/12/07 00:21 AM
Omit from FB queue  

I have my AW set to Allow Feedback to be left when Status is "Waiting to Ship" (Program Options:Invoices tab). Generally, I leave FB as soon as I get a payment, but every now and then I delay posting FB for one of two completely unrelated reasons. I'm wondering how you all handle each of these situations:

1. If I've gotten a bad vibe from a buyer (they've left a lot of nasty FB or they've been very demanding), I'll wait until I'm sure they're satisfied. (Status of these would be Waiting to Ship or Closed.)

2. When I've been paid with a Paypal echeck, and I've logged in the payment, but I haven't gotten the notification that the check has cleared yet. (Status of these would be Waiting for Payment or Waiting to Ship.)

In both cases, the transaction will show up on the Leave Feedback dialog box every time I want to leave FB for other invoices, and I have to remember to uncheck the one I want to hold off on. Is there a way to avoid this situation?

On a related note: I used to not log in the echecks as payment received until I got the check-cleared notification, but that seemed unfair, considering the fact that I log in paper checks and send Payment-Received emails to those buyers (and immediately leave FB). Why should the echecks be handled any differently? Or maybe they should. What do you do?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/12/07 00:47 AM
Re: Omit from FB queue new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

Sue,

Well, for the most part, I do not leave feedback for a buyer until the buyer has received their item. I realize sellers and buyers alike consider that as holding feedback hostage or unfair. For me, I found the only way to keep a buyer from slapping me with a negative before giving me an opportunity to correct an issue is for their buyer's feedback to not be submitted yet. Keeps the buyer honest. I have a situation right now, item shipped 5 days ago today via buyer's choice "Parcel Post" Buyer is hopping mad because buyer wanted to item in two days and he would have given me a negative rating over it. He has already filed a Paypal item not received dispute this evening.

Plus the way we handle filing what little paperwork we do print is handled more efficiently if feedback is left after buyer receives item. After shipping everyday, the related paperwork, which is usually just a payment page, are filed in numeric order. After feedback is left, the Closed Invoice paperwork is pulled and shredded as we don't need it anymore. But that is just us.

We treat echecks and personal checks the same way. Log in payment as soon as received, set the shipping date x days in the future to allow for bank clearance. The Echeck ship date will be altered to the exact date once we receive notification of cleared payment. In neither scenario, do we submit feedback. And even if I did submit feedback when payment is received, I would not submit it on pending checks, either personal check or eCheck. Either one of those payment methods could bounce and feedback could be left for a bounced payment. But again, that is just me.

If you submit feedback when payment is received, then you'll have to uncheck the Invoices you do not wish to leave feedback for in the Leave feedback dialog box.

But---have you tried unchecking the Payment received in the Invoice status tab. That box being checked is how AW2K determines if the Invoice should appear in the Leave feedback dialog box. So if you uncheck the "payment receivd" box on the Buyer's Status tab the Invoice should not appear. Down side though is you'll have to remember to check that box again when you are ready to submit feedback.

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
04/12/07 06:47 AM

Sue:
It depends on the customer as to how I handle feedback. If they are a repeat customer I leave feedback when I ship the material. Usually that takes place when I log in their payment and then I mark it feedback not left then immediatly leave feedback.

In other instances they get their email that I have received their payment and a shipping email with a ship date in the future with an explaination about waiting for a check to clear. Once that is done I reset the invoice to feedback not left and as soon as the check clears I send off the material. Once they have received their items I then go in and leave feedback. I can sort invoices by "waiting to Ship" or "Feedback No Left".

Confusing? Hope in some way this helps. Oh yea, as Judy has said - I don't print out tons of paper but depend on the drop down boxes - the only paper I do print out is that for an invoice with a paper or e-Check. As an aside, I will ship on a paper or e-Check if they are a repeat, repeat, repeat customer - if there is a track record with them. So far all has been good - nothing bounced using that method.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/12/07 08:03 AM
Re: Omit from FB queue new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Hi, All,

Let me clarify why we do print outs here. Since I have a staff we have to do some print out. We print the Paypal payment page and a packing slip. The packing slip is used for locating and pulling product from the warehouse. Then product is sent to shipping where it is packaged, labeled and sent out to whatever shipping courier. If it was only me here, I probably would not print out the Paypal payments at all. Just a packing slip would be it.

And that is another reason we only leave feedback after the buyer has received their item. Then shred the paperwork after feedback is left.

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/17/07 11:23 AM
Re: Omit from FB queue new [re: bluepennylady]  

Revisiting this issue......

In the first post, I noted two reasons I would delay Feedback (questionable buyer or Paypal echeck), but maybe I shouldn't have muddied the water by even mentioning reasons, because really they don't matter. The real question is how -- and not even just HOW, but rather is there a CONVENIENT way to keep an occasional Invoice from showing up on the FB dialog, while continuing to leave immediate FB for all the others?

My overseas buyer (I was worried he had misunderstood the damage noted in the auction description) emailed to say the item arrived safely and he has left me pos FB ("Grazie mille" ). I had closed this Invoice without leaving FB and checked the box (on the Status tab) for Feedback Left (date was a couple weeks ago) in order to prevent its showing up on the Leave Feedback dialog. Now I want to actually leave Feedback, so I changed the Status (the drop-down-box Status) to Feedback Not Left and clicked Tasks: Leave Feedback. Got the warning that "No Invoices without feedback left were found." Then I unchecked the Feedback Left box under the Status TAB and removed the date, but I am still unable to leave FB for this Invoice (I know I can just leave it at eBay, but I'd like to do it from within AW, if possible). How do I trick AW into thinking I need to leave FB for this transaction?

Judy, you suggested the work-around of unchecking the Payment Received box on the Status tab, but wouldn't that have made the Invoice show up in a Waiting for Payment filter? If so, I'm likely to send my Friendly Reminder or Payment Late message without checking to see if the payment was actually received.

And it looks like fooling with the Status "artificially" isn't a solution after the Invoice is Closed. I wish there were a way to put some buyers "on hold" until I see if they are ok with their loot, while continuing to leave FB for everyone else as soon as I receive payments (even checks; haven't had an NSF check for at least six years!). I don't want these few transactions to show up when I open the Leave Feedback dialog -- it's just too hard to remember which ones I'm keeping on ice for as long as a month.

Any other tactics you guys know of?

Thanks, Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/17/07 12:39 PM

Sue,

Change the status of the Invoice in question to "Hold" Then when you are ready to submit feedback, simply change the Invoice status back to Feedback not left and there are no other checkboxes, etc to manually manipulate.

Will that work?/

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(newbie)
04/17/07 01:29 PM

Sue,

That was what I was thinking but Judy beat me to it!! I have done it like that in the past.

Marty
Moonstruck22

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/17/07 01:44 PM
Re: Omit from FB queue new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

While waiting for the server to scan, backup, defrag, and rebuild there wasn't anything to do but read the board. Well nothing more interesting to do plus I am still now walking too good yet {smile]

Judy/blue

tictictic_OnEbay
(enthusiast)
04/17/07 02:05 PM

Well, that certainly sounded promising, but no, it didn't work.

Changing the Invoice Status to Hold got me the notice that the Status of its Lot would be Sold Not Shipped and the stock re-commited. Then changing the Status to Feedback Not Left triggered the question "Do you want to mark this Sold & Shipped" -- Yes. But it's still not on the list when I click Tools:Leave Feedback.

Sue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/17/07 02:07 PM

Sue,

It is normal for all the related Invoice Items to be re-committed etc and the Status to change to Sold Not Shipped.

Are you still working with the same Invoice that gave you difficulty earlier? Or is this a new Invoice?

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads