Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 9616 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ellenm
(stranger )
02/27/03 08:16 AM
Images gone on 7th Day  

The field was set to 7 days for images to remain on the server (I just reset that number to 60). Several auctions are ending today and there no pictures in them. Auctions ending on later days do have pictures in them, so it's not a server problem. What would cause these images to disappear from my auctions on the last day. Is it the 7 day setting?

ellenm
(stranger )
02/27/03 08:35 AM
Re: Images gone on 7th Day new [re: ellenm]  

I just tried to ftp the pictures again. I changed the status from Online to Never Listed, queued the listing, and cancelled it after the pics were uploaded. Still they do not show in the online auctions. I guess I am out of luck. I hope this doesn't happen with all my listings as they close each day.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
02/27/03 11:48 AM
Re: Images gone on 7th Day new [re: ellenm]  

http://pub83.ezboard.com/fauctionwizarddiscussionboardfrm24.showMessage?topicID=141.topic

To "reload" your pictures. Read the link above. This may help. You may have to copy and paste the link into your explorer bar.
As far as the 7 days goes. That ques "after" the auction has ended. And keeps the pictures on your FTP site that many days "after" the auction closes. Setting your default to 60 days MIGHT be a little dangerous. I guess it depends on how many auctions you do in that time and how many pictures you upload AND how much space your FTP host site has. Most get a little upset when you overrun the amount of space you have.
Why did your pictures disappear? I would contact your FTP host and ask them that question. I'm suspicious that they have done something that has caused you this problem.

ellenm
(stranger )
02/27/03 01:22 PM
Re: Images gone on 7th Day new [re: rodgw]  

Thanks for that info. Thom has been helping me through email. He suggested that I use an FTP client to delete all my pics on my web server, then upload them again. I did this and am hoping it resolves the problem. There were three auctions that ended today with no pics. The others seemed to be all right. There may very well have been a glitch at my web server or, being new to AW2k, I could have screwed up.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads