Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 8101 *Threaded Mode

sofasurfer
(stranger )
03/15/03 09:49 PM
How to relist image  

I had my auction set up. I then accidently deleted the image from tthe FTP site(Angelfire). Then I got a letter from a potential bidder informing me that I had no image. So I re-sent the image to the FTP site(Angelfire). But that didn't fix the problem. My auction listing is still without an image.

Did I follow the correct proceedure to fix this or did this become unfixable when I deleted the image from the FTP site?

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
03/16/03 02:38 AM
Re: How to relist image new [re: sofasurfer]  

Your procedure was fine - I've done that several times. In my case, I updated images on live auctions.

What probably happened was you either used the wrong image name or uploaded it to the wrong place. Remember that AW2K takes your original image - lets say "redcar.jpg" - and renames it to something like LotImg150.jpg. One way to figure out the name is to go to the live auction and "view the source" and find the link for the picture. (I search for "lotimg", which is always part of the image name).

Once you know for sure the name of the picture, you then need to FTP it to the /aw2k subdirectory on the FTP site listed for that auction profile.

A completely different procedure I believe I read on on these forums avoids all the naming issues and FTP stuff. Just duplicate the auction lot on AW2K, and queue if for listing. Select to list it, and it will FTP the correct image back to the FTP site for you, but then abort the process at the final listing screen. Then delete the duplicate auction.

Good luck!
Rich

sofasurfer
(stranger )
03/16/03 08:40 AM
Re: How to relist image new [re: Tradeguy]  

OK, I fixed it. Thanks.
I'm gonna go start a fresh thread now. Have another question that maybe you can answer.

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads