Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 7950 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Larry Berman
(Unregistered)
03/16/03 04:04 PM
Picture Disappeared  

I placed four auctions about five hours ago and found the image missing from one. In checking the actual file on my server, I found that it had zero bytes. Somehow the image changed on the server between the time I placed the auction and checked it, until now. Is that what happens when the images disappear after a fixed amount of days? Do the image properties then just contain zero's? I did run the program once in the last five hours.

rodgw
(Unregistered)
03/16/03 04:58 PM
Re: Picture Disappeared new [re: Larry Berman]  

Ok, a couple question clarifications.
When you say "my server" are you refering to your personnal computer/server or your FTP server? If zero bytes were loaded to your FTP server is it possible you have a zero bytes file on your computer that was uploaded?
Your second question I think is refering to when aw2k deletes "old" pictures off of you FTP site. From what I see happening when aw2k does this for me. It deletes them completely. No name, bytes or anything is left. That's what I'm seeing, or NOT seeing as the case may be.
To reload your picture to your auction. Here is how I understand one way to do it. Duplicate the auction lot that has the missing picture. Que it to load up to eBay. And than go through the listing process up to the final point of actualling sending it to eBay. The process that happens in the middle of all this will resend your picture to your FTP site. Cancel the final process, don't send the lot to eBay again.
Hope something in here helps you.

rodgw

Tradeguy
(journeyman)
03/18/03 06:50 AM
Re: Picture Disappeared new [re: Larry Berman]  

Larry, I'd agree withg rodgw that it doesn't sound like anything AW2K is doing. It actually sounds like either an FTP transfer failure (hey, the internet isn't always perfect, or your ftp host might of been having a problem), or even that you've run out of ftp file space.

Did you get any errors during the initial ftp upload phase of your auction lot listing?

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads