Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 10736 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

dennisk
(stranger )
11/08/03 09:15 AM
Title Bar Image new  

I have read some older posts, and last year A2K wrote:

The small picture that appears to the left of the title is called a "title bar picture". Title bar pictures require the use of eBay Picture Services. Auction Wizard 2000 does not support eBay Picture Services.

Your understanding of the Gallery and Picture URL is correct. When you select the Gallery option on the "List Auctions on eBay" dialog box the first image on each Auction Lot is used as the Gallery image. The image specified in the Picture URL field will be displayed at the bottom of all of your listings.

Now, this has changed. By choosing "use first picture..." A2K will use the first picture in the title bar. Correct?
My problem:
The first picture is in 3 places. The title bar, imbedded within the listing template, and at the bottom of the listing. When someone clicks on the title bar picture "go to larger image", you are taken to the pic at the bottom of the listing. I have looked at other listings that are similiar, and clicking takes you to the image in the listing.
Actually, the bottom picture is unnecessary.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!!!

Dennis K.

Tradeguy
(member)
11/09/03 01:12 PM
Re: Title Bar Image new [re: dennisk]  

I just did some checking...

On my auctions that are NOT using gallery, clicking on the image takes you to the first image in the auction.

On auctions that ARE using the gallery, it takes you to the bottom "ebay placed" image.

I did some checking of other auctions, and they all seem to work the same way. The only gallery auctions that linked to the image within the auction were those actually using Ebay's photo manager.

So the answer is....this is an Ebay thing, not an AW2K thing. They create that upper picture, and they generate the link internally.

My guess is that on auctions without the gallery, they just go to the top of the auction (they don't know where the image is embedded in the auction). On gallery auctions, they know where that lower image is cause they put it there (whether you want it or not), so that's where they take you. Same with ebay pictures - they know where the images are.

Rich

dennisk
(stranger )
11/13/03 06:33 AM
Re: Title Bar Image [re: Tradeguy]  

Thanks for the reply Tradeguy. Actually, I am not using Gallery. The image is not showing up on the Ebay page listong results for a query.
In the auction, Ebay inserts the first picture (assuming that is checked on the accounts preferences) next to the listing. It also inserts that picture at the end of the auction. Therefore, I have the picture in the listing twice, and a thumbnail once. It is a AW2K thing, but I wonder if it can be corrected. Check any of my listings at a2zthings.

Thanks!!!

Dennis K.

Tradeguy
(member)
11/13/03 08:18 AM

Hi Dennis -

I just looked at your auction at:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26230&item=2572101838

and according to the source html, I think that last picture is being inserted by Ebay - not aW2K. I think your AW2K template ends at the "see my other fantastic auctions". I could be wrong - but that's how it looks to me. That image is also "tagged" as the "big" ebay image when you click on the small one - I don't think AW2K does that.

Maybe there is an ebay-side setting I never noticed that's adding the picture...not sure.

Rich

geomacaw
(Unregistered)
04/02/04 10:41 PM

I have the same problem. + I notice that I have been charged an extra .20 Cents for the picture outside the AW temp. I can't find anyplace where I have checked off anything to create this. Never had the problem before.

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads