Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 9364 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

tictictic_OnEbay
(stranger )
03/07/04 11:34 AM
Please enable Batch-Adding of Images  

My routine for writing new auctions (all mine are unique cuz I sell antiques) is to hit the plus sign to create a new Lot, then before writing the description or doing anything else, I add the images so I can "see" what I'm describing. I generally have 4 or more pics per auction. Usually, I've just finished editing these photos, and I'm in a rush to get a few things listed before getting dinner on the table. So I'm feverishly clicking the Add Image button over and over and getting really annoyed by the fact that I can't simply highlight (Shift-Click) all the pics for that particular auction and add them as a batch.

Is this the same for everyone? I don't think it depends on your OS, but I'm not sure (I'm using Win98). When I hit the Add Image button, a box titled Add Image to Auction Lot opens, I browse for the folder containing my new pics, and then I begin selecting the ones I need for each new Lot I'm getting ready to list. It can get real tedious real fast! Especially if the folder contains a couple dozen images, and I'm having to scroll over to the files at the end of the list -- Add Image--click,click,click--doubleclick on image; Add Image--click,click,click--doubleclick on next image, and so on and on and on......... And all the while, I'm counting, "one, two, three, four...." to try to keep track of which one is next (yes, I label them and number them in logical order).

The only way I can think of to make this a tiny bit easier is to create a separate folder for each auction Lot, but that would still mean browsing to open the next folder over and over.

A few years ago, I was using a program (was it Invenna AuctionAmigo?? some image-management program?? can't remember) that allowed exactly what I'm talking about -- you could highlight multiple image files and add them all at once. So I know this is possible. Please, oh Master Wizards, omnipotent doers of digital magik, add this function to our next update.

Thanks, tictictic

grumpy3b
(stranger )
03/08/04 10:50 PM
Re: Please enable Batch-Adding of Images new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

I agree this is a long overdue addition to AW2k...

Depending on the development tool being used, all that needs be done is to set a property for the file selection box and to add some code to process the collection (array) of items returned from the file selection box. It is not a really difficult programming task...but, that all depends on what the AW2k folks are using to write the program...

No matter, image addition is one of the most time consuming aspects of listing creation within AW2k...

tictictic_OnEbay
(stranger )
03/08/04 11:18 PM
Re: Please enable Batch-Adding of Images new [re: grumpy3b]  

Hi Grumpy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad to know this is something do-able. I hope it's high on the AW include-soon list.

tictictic

grumpy3b
(stranger )
03/08/04 11:23 PM
Re: Please enable Batch-Adding of Images new [re: tictictic_OnEbay]  

ya betcha... ;)

It comes to time for adding the changes we all have been asking for...I am sure they will, but when is the question. We were just talking here tonight that AW2k needs full on version update...it has been a while so I imagine that something is in the works...here's hoping!! ;)

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads