Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 14624 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

wheeloftime
(stranger )
07/04/02 03:46 AM
Removing images from webserver new  

When I list new auctions the images of the previous listings get deleted and the new ones uploaded. There is however a time span which can not be set to zero before AW deletes the obselete pictures from the webserver and as I mostly list on the same day every week the old pictures stay on my webserver for a whole week. I would very much like to have an option to just clean my pictures on the webserver for ended auctions without needing to actually list new auctions.

archimedes
(stranger )
07/04/02 05:56 PM
Re: Removing images from webserver new [re: wheeloftime]  

Got to "File\Program Oprions\General" and on the right-center box set the "Remove images XX days after auction close" value to what you want.

wheeloftime
(stranger )
07/04/02 09:24 PM
Re: Removing images from webserver [re: archimedes]  

Thanks for the reply archimedes but that is exactly what is the problem as I describe. It can never be set less then 1 day which isn't sufficient if you list hours or less after a bunch of auctions has closed. A seperate cleanup whithout having to acutally list new auctions is important.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
07/08/02 02:36 PM
Re: Removing images from webserver new [re: wheeloftime]  

Your suggestion has been added to our suggestion list.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Radar5756
(stranger )
08/10/02 09:26 AM
Re: Removing images from webserver new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Is there a way for AW2K not to delete images from my FTP server? I see the days to delete are 1 or 60. I have a small number of auctions on ebay motors. My work around is to cut and paste the source code of my template and make another directory on the ftp server for the images and point the image source code to that directory. I quess what I'm really tring to saying is that I'm spoiled from using AW2K on my other 95% auctions and would like to see ebay motors incorporated into AW2K program.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
08/12/02 09:34 AM
Re: Removing images from webserver new [re: Radar5756]  

Auction Wizard 2000 will never delete images from an FTP server for Auction Lots that have a Status of "On Line" or "Queued For Listing". You could use a dummy lot that you never actually list to get images uploaded to your FTP server and keep them there. "Queued For Listing" might be the best choice because lots with that Status are never updated. Just be careful not to list the dummy lot.

We plan to look into supporting eBay Motors later this year.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Pat
(Unregistered)
07/10/04 07:42 PM
Re: Removing images from webserver new [re: AuctionWizard]  

How do eBay store images get removed if only 1 or 3 items are sold from a batch of 12 items? Is AW2000 able to pull out just the pictures of the items that sold in a batch?

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads