Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 14165 *Threaded Mode

astralboy0
(Unregistered)
07/16/02 12:53 PM
getting images into e-bay listing bar  

hey guys -

i am a new user selling vintage clothes online at e-bay, i'm having problems listing pictures with e-bay.. i list the picture in my template so they go on the page which is fine, and then ftp those pics to my webserver which works fine.

but what doesnt work is adding the one free picture to ebays listings, i can't do this in the automatic lot posting mode since its not an option in the program.. but i also can't do it in the manual mode either because it doesn't use the picture enhanced e-bay listing.. how can i get it to pull that listing up instead of the regular e-bay listings?

that is the only way that i can get the picture to display in the listings on e-bay, its pretty important to the item's i'm selling so i really want to figure this out..

thanks

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
07/16/02 02:57 PM
Re: getting images into e-bay listing bar new [re: astralboy0]  

Auction Wizard 2000 does not support eBay Picture Services. However, If you list using the Manual Listing Method you should be able to add pictures to each listing using the Picture Services fields on the Sell Your Item page. Make sure you clear the "Picture URL" field on the "List Auctions on eBay" dialog box before you begin listing. That will keep Auction Wizard 2000 from filling in the "Picture URL" field on the Sell Your Item page, so that you can add pictures using the Picture Services fields.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Dave M.
(Unregistered)
11/26/02 10:55 PM
Re: getting images into e-bay listing bar new [re: AuctionWizard]  

I'm also a little confused about AW2K and how it handles images... When I post normally through ebay, or using Turbo Lister, and choose the Gallery Pic option -- it not only shows the little picture next to my listings, but that same picture appear up at the top of my auction to the left of the main auction title.

Is there any way to get this same thing to happen using AW2K?

Please also validate the following understanding I have... When I choose to add my auction lot to the gallery, it uses the FIRST picture I have inserted in my lot. And, I can display a different picture at the bottom of my auction, by specifying a picture URL on the listing page. Right?

Dave

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
11/27/02 10:57 AM
Re: getting images into e-bay listing bar new [re: Dave M.]  

The small picture that appears to the left of the title is called a "title bar picture". Title bar pictures require the use of eBay Picture Services. Auction Wizard 2000 does not support eBay Picture Services.

Your understanding of the Gallery and Picture URL is correct. When you select the Gallery option on the "List Auctions on eBay" dialog box the first image on each Auction Lot is used as the Gallery image. The image specified in the Picture URL field will be displayed at the bottom of all of your listings.

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Ceed10
(Unregistered)
02/02/03 08:28 AM
Re: getting images into e-bay listing bar new [re: AuctionWizard]  

I have my own templates which work well, AW2k butchers the with its template settings, which is very annoying because you have to sue a template to make the gallery images work.

I have to not use a template then I have t manually go through and revise every auction to add the gallery image.

WHy does Aw2k have to use a template in order to list a gallery image?

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads