Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 7156 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ebayseller
(stranger )
07/29/02 05:39 AM
FTP through firwall in WinXP  

Hello all,

I just started using Windows XP and like to keep the ICF or Internet connection firewall enabled. This is the built in firewall feature in XP. However, whenever this feature in XP is enabled (firewall), I can't upload pics via FTP in AW2000. I have to go into WIN XP "LAN" option and disable the firewall temporarily and then enable it again later after I have FTP'd.

I have read AW2000 help feature about setting up FTP with a firewall, but all the questions it asks, like FTP address, and others, I can't answer since I don't know how to find this information from WIN XP.

Does anyone know how I can set up the FTP in AW2000 to work through the WIN XP firewall feature?

Jerry

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
07/29/02 11:01 AM
Re: FTP through firwall in WinXP new [re: ebayseller]  

Firewalls usually require passive FTP connections. Select File | Advanced Internet Options... from the menu bar. When the "Advanced Internet Settings" window opens, place a check in the "Use PASV Mode" checkbox at the bottom of the window. Click the OK button to save the settings.

If that does not solve the problem, then contact technical support at info@auctionwizard2000.com

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads