Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 9811 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

leeflang
(newbie)
10/05/06 10:12 AM
Dowloading first image names possible?  

When I dowload auction data from the aw2k database into a speadsheet, I woudl like to be able to dowload the image name as well as it was named and uploaded by aw2k onto the hosting server via ftp.

Is there a way to find and dowload those image names in context with the aw2k records?

Peter

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/05/06 10:18 AM
Re: Dowloading first image names possible? new [re: leeflang]  

Peter,

Are you referring to the LotImage # that is assigned by AW2K when the image is uploaded to your FTP account?

Judy/blue

leeflang
(newbie)
10/05/06 11:15 AM
Re: Dowloading first image names possible? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes, Judy.

Peter

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/05/06 11:28 AM

Peter,

The LotImage #'s are not downloadable. But--there is a workaround where you can get that LogImage 3 And download it I almost always have a workaround.

You can Preview the auction lot from the "Preview" button on the bottom under the description. When the Preview browser window opens, the LotImage number is displayed. Copy and paste the information inton one of the User defined fields. User defined fields are searchable and can be exported as well. LotImage #'s will not change on that Auction lot.

Does that make sense?

Judy/blue

leeflang
(newbie)
10/05/06 11:48 AM
Re: Dowloading first image names possible? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy, for getting the image name of 4000 plus records, that manual way would not be practical to do.
By the way, I discovered a way to get the awk#s by importing the store xml feed file, which Ebay refreshes regularly, into Excel. Now I still have to figure out how to filter out so the one thing that remains is the number.

Peter

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/05/06 11:55 AM

Peter,

Yes it would be a time consuming process indeed.

That's a good idea. Hummm, I'll have to download my RSS feed files and see what it takes to strip out everything but the LotImage number. That is doable.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads