Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 13117 *Threaded Mode

rrhistory
(stranger )
12/14/06 10:18 AM
Picture being deleted to soon  

II have my photos set to be removed 60 days after the auction ends. (File, program options, general.)
But if you look at this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230056500448 which ended Nov 30th, you can see the photos are gone! This happens to many of my auctions. The photos are gone after a short number of days. What am I DOING WRONG?!?!?!?!

Thanks in advance!
Karen

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/14/06 10:25 AM
Re: Picture being deleted to soon new [re: rrhistory]  

Karen,

Where do you have the image set to 60 days? You probably know already but that option is in File | Program Options>UPloaded images x days

It is possible you have a synchronization problem with your web space and AW2000. It is fixable if that is the case.

Let me know if you have the Program options set to 60 days.

Judy/blue

rrhistory
(stranger )
12/14/06 04:51 PM

Just to make sure---Under FIle, Program options, I have the following:
remove images 60 days after auction close. Is this the only place /correct place to have this setting?

If it is a synchronization problem, how do I fix that?

THanks in advance for you help!
Karen

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
12/14/06 06:29 PM

Just a thought here -- if you remove the auction lot or inventory item from AW2K the image will be removed from the server regardless of the time you have stated in the setup section. Now I may be wrong here but as I understand it - if you sell an item (and there is only one) and it is paid for and you then delete the auction lot because it won't be running anymore - the image(s) will be removed from your FTP server. If however, you leave the auction lot in AW2K for a while the image won't be deleted until the time you have indicated or the auctionis deleted from AW2K.

With this scenerio when someone views the auction on eBay it will still be there of course as your deletion of it in AW2K doesn't do anything to eBay. But the image will be gone and they will see the well known beautiful and wonderful red "X".

Someone else please jump in here if I'm all wrong on this.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/14/06 07:20 PM
Re: Picture being deleted to soon new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

That is completely true. I never delete auction lots. I always archive records instead. I use to delete old Inventory items and I made myself a mess a couple of times. So now, I archive. I am a messpot anyway waiting for a place to happen. I only archive about once every 3 months or so.

Karen,

I am not sure you are out of sync but images being deleted too soon or not delete at all is a symptom of the issue. But to be double sure that is the problem, let's check with Thom. Just to be sure there isn't something I am overlooking.

Have you deleted Auction lots or Inventory items after the auction closed and is paid in full? That could be a cause.

If not, first thing in the morning, let's get hold of the head techy man and see what he has to say. Will that work?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/15/06 10:57 PM

Karen,

As Garry said, deleting records or purging the sold and shipped records before the 60 days is up, will cause the images to be removed from your web space.

Have you deleted any auction lots? Or purged any sold and shipped records before the 60 day period expired? Just double checking to see??

Judy/blue

rrhistory
(stranger )
12/16/06 07:36 PM
Re: Picture being deleted to soon new [re: bluepennylady]  

I don't know how--but you are right those auctions do not show when I look in the program. I have not shipped that item yet, so I have no idea what I did--where it went---or what the computer ghost is doing to me! <GRIN>

Question #2 I am getting a corrupt index message.
databse.bidhistory.db How do I fix that?

Also, unreleted but I am curious---when you update lots for profile (ebay id). does this download all auctions --no matter if they were uploaded thru AW or thru ebay?

bluepennylady
(old hand)
12/16/06 08:12 PM

Karen,

In answer to your update auction lot question. AW2000 cannot update auction lots that are not in the database. Unless you import auction lots, then update. It is much easier to manage your auctions if you use AW2000 to list. And to use AW2000 to reliste Offline Auction Lots as well. When an auction does not sell, don't relist it using the "Relist" on eBay. Update your Auction lots, then queue the offline Auction lot, and list it again using AW2000. I hope that makes sense?

Question #2:
That message requires a rebuild.
Shut down AW2000.
Scan your hard drive for errors
Backup your database (always, always, always do a backup prior to a rebuild)
Then rebuild.

All database programs require periodic rebuilding. Every program uses a little different term for rebuilding. Some say re-index. or Outlook will "compact". Etc. It is the same thing. The rebuild puts tables and files back into order within the program itself.

As far as your AWOL Auction lots, Did you use AW2000 to list those Auction lots? And did you generate invoices so you have the Invoice in AW2000 that is related to the AWOL Auction lots?

Be sure your Show/Hide Records filter is set to Show All Auction lots. That way every Auction lot in the AW2000 database will show up. so check that to be sure the filter is set correctly.

Now if you listed the Auction lots using AW2000. And the Show/Hide Records filter is set correctly. And you are really missing the Auction lots, it is fixable. Let me know if the Auction lot shows up if your Show/Hide records is set correctly. and if you listed the Auction lots with AW2000?

Judy/blue

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads