Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 69124 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
lindanorby
(stranger )
05/29/07 01:59 PM
Videos new  

Hey all...now that eBay is letting put videos directly into our auctions, are there any plans for AW to help us manage them like we now do for our pictures? That'd be so cool...I just had an auction where I used a video, but I had to put the code in the description part.

Thanks.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 05:02 PM
Re: Videos new [re: lindanorby]  

Linda,

I don't know. I did see that capability appear in the last few weeks on eBay. Let's ask and see.

Okay who is gonna email Thom and ask about it???

Now where did you get the code from for the video? Because if you have the code, why couldn't you convert your Listing template to HTML and add the code into the images section. hummm,

do you have the code somewhere you could email me?? I wanna try it.

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(newbie)
05/29/07 05:48 PM
Re: Videos new [re: bluepennylady]  

I don't mind e-mailing Thom, but I'm just not at the level he is so I don't know how to ask him about these things. Also, I don't know if the number of auctions that would benefit from video would justify Thom and his crew going through the trouble. It did help me with this auction, and I've got a couple of lava lamps I plan to use videos with...but, there might be others who could benefit from a video of their motion and sound videos...like music boxes, etc

If it is too much trouble, I'll just continue to use photobucket. but I don't like that big Photobucket ad on the bottom of the video..

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 05:49 PM

Linda,

Did Photobucket provide the code? Or did you get is somewhere else?

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(newbie)
05/29/07 05:52 PM

Judy, I'm not sure my first post with the auction listing went through..but the auction where I had the video is: http://cgi.ebay.com/Nude-Female-Lamp-Art-Deco-Style-Colorful-Kitschy_W0QQitemZ160118778563QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lindanorby
(newbie)
05/29/07 05:58 PM

Judy, this link might work better. But if it doesn't, my eBay ID is Peach67 and you can search on completed items for the nude lamp: http://cgi.ebay.com/Nude-Female-Lamp-Art-Deco-Style-Colorful-Kitschy_W0QQitemZ160118778563QQihZ006QQcategoryZ4054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

lindanorby
(newbie)
05/29/07 06:00 PM

Ok - yes, Photobucket provided the code. Sorry I'm having such a hard time figuring out how to respond logically here.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 06:01 PM

Linda,

Did you actually take the video and upload it to Photobucket? I am thinking this may be doable using HTML in the LIsting template. But I need to know how you obtained the video images.

Oh, I am just kidding you. I will email Thom about it. He is use to me emailing with "how about this suggestion"

I am just full of ideas. Now if those ideas can be implemented is the trick

Judy/blue

lindanorby
(newbie)
05/29/07 06:06 PM

Oh wow...it's been hard getting the info to you. But, here's how I did it:

1. I shot the video using the video function on my camera, and then edited it, adding the music. I used Windows Movie Maker. Downloaded a music clip I liked, and imported it.
2. Saved it as a video file (forget the file extension)
3. Uploaded it to Photobucket
4. Copied the Photobucket code, and inserted it into the "description" part of my auction - I did not insert it into the template.

And there you have it...came out just fine. Did you see the auction & get an idea of what I did?

Thanks.

Lindaa

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 06:07 PM

Linda,

OH my you are not having a hard time at all. I am following you. Well, now, do you have a copy of that code???? as I have an "ideeeee"""

Remember I am the nutty lady with all the ideas.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads