Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 69122 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Ned
(journeyman)
05/29/07 07:11 PM
Re: Videos new [re: bluepennylady]  

Linda--

I have no doubt you got a better price because of the video presentation. I can think of a few items that I wish I'd presented with video.

BTW, there may be a market for the presentation video clip itself.

Ned

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/29/07 07:16 PM

Hey guys!

I don't want to throw a wrench in this machine you are working on but when did AW2000 get compatible with photobucket????

Historically we haven't been able to use photobucket with AW2000, just thought I would ask!!

Sorry!

But I don't see why the code wouldn't find the file on any other host and work, maybe.

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 07:25 PM
Re: Videos new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

AW2000 isn't compatible with Photobucket. But Linda is embedding the code in the description field and uploading the edited video clip to Photobucket herself.

You are right about the code working. Replace the Photobucket and file name with your image hosting and your file name. The biggee is figuring out a method for AW2000 to upload and manage.

I have an idea but I don't know if it will work or not.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/29/07 07:40 PM

Gotcha...I thought that that may be what was going on but,
I just thought that Linda may have been hosting the images there and I wondered how that was possible, now I see!!

And I have no doubt that you will find a way to work this out!

Good luck!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 08:03 PM

Marty,

Well thanks for the vote of confidence. We shall see I really hope my one idea works. As it would be so cool.

How's your wife??

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
05/29/07 08:28 PM

Judy,

You are welcome, you've got my vote!
Thanks for asking about my wife, she is doing well however she has a treatment tomorrow and we were just talking about what it may bring. We are staying positive and expect the best but each of the past treatments have brought different side effects. We hope that we have the process figured out this time and it will go smoother. You really get to appreciate the "normal" days that come just before the next treatment. But after this one we only have one more treatment and boy are we looking forward to that! Again all still looks real positive when we look at the big picture, THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THAT HAVE PUT THOSE PRAYERS OUT!!! We really feel the support and know God is faithful!

Stay prayerful!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 08:39 PM

Marty,

I thought I remembered you said she went this week for more treatment. She's got my prayers for a good treatment, with no side effects and her body responds well to the treatment. She is totally healed!

Keep me posted.

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/29/07 08:46 PM

Y'know, if AW2K would separate FTP management from display, it'd work just fine.

Imagine this:

Right now, I think you can only associate JPG files with an Auction Lot. What if you could associate any file type (like Linda's video) and have AW handle the FTP management?

Imagine this:

1) Associate your files with an Auction Lot (like the Add Image... buttton now). AW would see that it wasn't a JPG, and realize it only had to worry about FTP, not display.

2) Do your FTP upload, but not the auction listings.

3) Root around in the remote FTP directory and find your uploaded files. Hey, maybe AW could provide that info after the FTP upload in the Auction Lot. "I don't know what these files are, but here's the URL for each one of them."

4) Yep, put those URLs in your code in the auction.

5) List the auction.

6) AW takes care of cleaning up the FTP directory after the auction closes, just as it does now for JPGs.

If it turns out that a particular kind of file is really popular, then perhaps there could be special support for that file type, as there is now for JPGs.

The process I've described above would work with any file type. You'd gain the benefit of AW's FTP management, with flexibility that goes well with Pure HTML.

Ned

bluepennylady
(veteran)
05/29/07 09:17 PM
Re: Videos [re: Ned]  

Ned,

Aw2000 supports 7 image file types, BMP, JPG,PCX, PNG, TGA, TIF, PSD. The list is in the help files in Images | Managing images.

Now you are thinking along some of the same lines I am thinking. And what if the video clips were saved in one of the supported file types, The individual video clips added to Aw2k. The video code added into the Listing template. The URL would be written already and uploaded as well. The individual images would be displayed in both the image spaces and display as a video clip as well. It might work. I am going to try it. All it can do is not work

Judy/blue

Ned
(journeyman)
05/30/07 07:25 AM

In reply to:

Aw2000 supports 7 image file types, BMP, JPG,PCX, PNG, TGA, TIF, PSD

OK, so AW supports a number of image file types. But they're still all static images.

My point is that if AW would simply do FTP management of any and every file the user associated with an auction, then we'd have huge flexibility without AW having specialized code to support putting those files in listings.

How about mp3s? Or maybe aromas? "I'm getting 7% higher final values since I started making my listings smell like chocolate!" OK, the aroma technology isn't here yet, but if it arrives tomorrow some of us will want to use it immediately. An AW that does Pure FTP Management would let those people do so without waiting for an update to AW.

Once again, if a file type is really, really popular, Thom & Co. could decide to add easy-to-use support for its display and perhaps to edit it. Until that time, AW users who want to use that file type could do so if they're willing to do their own coding and still get the benefit of AW's nifty FTP Management.

Ned

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads