Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 182378 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 06:59 AM
Re: status of auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy!
I just got the other computer hooked up in my new office (garage)! How do I get Auction Wizard? My husband's friend set this up & I thought he said I can just get files from this pc to the other pc. I just wanted them hooked together. He hooked them up so they can "talk to each other". Is that the same thing?? I guess I don't know what I'm doing! I'm another of the "over 50" crowd! I turned 58 this year! I sure don't feel like it though!
Anyway, thanks for any help!
Mickey

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 02:50 PM

Could you tell me once more how to merge an invoice? I have a buyer who won 2 items & wants a combined shipping invoice. I have to send her a combined invoice first, don't I? Then Do I merge them? I can't find my notes you sent me on merging! Sorry!

Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 03:13 PM
Re: status of auctions new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

No apologies necessary. Unless you merge frequently, it is easy to forget how to do it.

There are two different ways to merge invoices. You can either merge the oldest invoice into the newest. Or visa verse.
We merge the newest backwards into the oldest so the buyer doesn't have to keep track of all the changing Invoice numbers.

so with that thought in mind----
Generate invoices.
Go to the buyers original (oldest) Invoice
Click on "Invoices" on the menu.
click "Merge Invoices" on the drop down menu.
The "Merge Invoices" dialog box will display all the buyer's Invoices.
click OK and the newly generated Invoice will merge into the Invoice you are currently on which is oldest Invoice you have for the buyer.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 03:20 PM

Mickey,

Nay, 58 isn't old at all. Not even close. All the over 50 crowd I run around with can out run, out play and out work all the younger folks around us. In fact, we just got back from 4 wheeling in the mountains, and we gave all those 30 and 40 year olds that went with us a run for their money.

I'll be serious now If that is possible.

There are a couple of things you can do. If you want to network Auction Wizard together, that is perfectly doable. I run AW2000 in a network with 8 computers. Works like a charm. You will have to have 2 licenses. One for each computer.

Or you can also use logmein.com in the garage or visa versa. Meaning, if the garage is where you are going to work most the time, I would install Auction Wizard on the computer in the garage. And use logmein.com at the house to access the garage computer. Logmein.com is a remote access application. There is a free version that is wonderful. Alot of us use logmein.com. I use it all of the time to access my company network so I can work from home (or anywhere else for that matter)

Networking AW2000 isn't hard to do at all. The Help has instructions for networking that are step by step. I have a set printed out in a file at work for when I add computers.

Do you have a router? Or a switch? And your Internet connection, is it a DSL or Fiber optic?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 03:42 PM

Auction Wizard 2000 is installed in the pc in garage (I'll be here most of the time)!
The 2nd pc is in the house. We have a router & our connection is DSL.
Thanks for your help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 04:10 PM

Mickey,

Why don't you give http://www.logmein.com a try and see if that works for you.

Get the free version. If you are going to be in the garage most of the time anyway and only need to be able to check stuff, just use the remote access for a month or so to see if it works for you. After you learn how to work logmein, you can even add inventory and images from a remote location.

I use logmein.com when I am at work. I do not have a network ethernet hookup at the front register. So I will use my laptop with wireless, access my office computer with logmein and I can work all day while running the front end if I need to.

Go check it out and let me know what you think.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 05:49 PM

This is going to sound like a dumb question....but do I download that logmein to the main computer & the 2nd computer?
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 05:53 PM

Mickey,

That is not a dumb question at all!

You will download logmein utility on the main computer. Then the first time you are going to use the 2nd computer to access the main by logging into your logmein account, they will download a small file to the 2nd computer. Only takes a minute to do that.

If you have any trouble, just give me a shout. I'll be happy to try and help you. I'm home from vacation.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/04/07 07:48 AM

Hi Judy!
I downloaded Logmein on the main computer. When I tried to log in on the 2nd pc, I clicked on + computer (thought I had to add the 2nd one, but then I must have downloaded Logmein all over again, because I got the message that I was trying to access the computer I was using (which was the 2nd one). So I uninstalled Logmein program from the 2nd pc. Just wondering if you had any ideas on what I should do!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/04/07 07:55 AM

Mickey,

No worries. You don't need to uninstall anything.

Log into your Logmein account from your 2nd computer. Because you want to work on the main computer using the 2nd computer.

When you log in, logmein should direct you to your computer list. Which will only have the one computer, (main computer).
And the main computer name is in blue. It is clickable. So click the main computer name.

Another window opens up and asks for the password for accessing that computer. After you enter in the password, you'll be directed to a screen which gives you the available features for the account you have. You will want the "Remote access" tab. Click that button and you will be able to see your main computer and work on it just like you are sitting in front of it. It is the coolest thing!

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads