Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 182381 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
mouse
(newbie)
08/10/07 11:44 PM
Saving pics  

Are my pictures always saved on Auction Wizard 2000? If they are, then I don't need to save them elsewhere do I?
What happens if my computer crashes though? Won't I lose all my pictures on AW2000?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 00:00 AM
Re: Saving pics new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

I know it is 2:00 am and I am on the boards Actually I am studying so I took a break and looked online

Any Images you add to AW2000 are saved within the AW2000 folder "Images". Some users retain the original images somewhere else either on their hard drive or on an external drive somewhere. I do not. Once we add the images to AW2000 and the SD card gets full, we re-format the SD card.
In order to be sure you don't run into trouble losing data, always run a backup of your AW2000 program anytime you have worked in the database. I know some users only do a backup every few days or maybe once a week. I do a backup every single day. And I burn a hard copy (DVD) every other day. So if there should be a problem, I have a backup to my hard drive. In the very worse case scenario and my hard drives on my server would crash, I have a hard copy of the day before work.

Maintaining the original image on your hard drive takes up a lot of hard drive space. So I do not recommend retaining images on your hard drive. If you want to keep images, save them to an external drive or some other form of removable media so your computer hard drive stays clean.

And while we are on hard drives, you should do routine computer maintenance. Do a disk clean up, scan hard drive for errors and defrag once a week.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/11/07 05:29 PM
Re: Saving pics new [re: bluepennylady]  

Where is that folder? I went to my C drive, opened the Image folder, but I get the message that it needs to know what program made this file. Am I in the right spot?? I just want to make sure my pics are in there before I delete any!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 05:45 PM

Mickey,

The Image folder on the C drive that is located in the AW2000 folder cannot be opened by clicking on it. If your images are displayed on Auction lots and Inventory Items in the AW2000 when you run AW2000, then your images are there.

Just don't delete images on any Auction lot or Inventory Item. I am presuming you are wanting to delete images you have saved to My Pictures or somewhere else on your C drive prior to adding the image(s) to AW2000?

Where do you put your images before you add them to AW2000?

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/11/07 08:05 PM

I'm sure glad I didn't delete anything! There are no pictures in my inventory items (unless it's an auction that just ended or is queued to list! Do you know why is that??
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 09:04 PM

Mickey,

Most likely what you are seeing without images are the Auction lots and the related Inventory Items which were created when you imported. Images are not imported into AW2000. I can help you add images to the newly imported Inventory Items if you want. Or turn the newly imported Inventory Items into STock Inventory Items.

Any thing you have added yourself since you started using AW2000 will have the image because you added it in the Image portion using "Add Images".

Does that make any sense at all?

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 07:21 AM

Yes, that makes perfect sense!
Another question.....after I move my email into AW2000 I get the error message "No Email Address has been entered for this Email Account". I get this message every time. I do have my email account in AW2000, unless I don't have it in a spot it should be!
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/12/07 10:57 AM

Mickey,

Open up the Email account(s) by going to
File | Email accounts

check to see that you have completed all the fields including the "Reply to" email address. then run the POP3 and SMTP email tests.

Let me know what you find

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 01:23 PM

Another question! I have about 50 auctions ending tonight. I'm so use to Selling Manager Pro.....
If you have a winner on one auction, what is the easiest way to check your active auctions to see if they're bidding on another item? I want to wait till they're done bidding & then send them a combined invoice. Do you just do a "search" of active items with the User ID? That's what I'm thinking, but I just want to make sure....don't want to make this any harder than it has to be!!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/12/07 02:24 PM

Mickey,

If I want to see the bidding activity in AW2000, I update my auction lots even before the auction end. And then I sort the Lots by close Date. To do that , go to the Grid view, scroll over and hit the Close Date bold black header. Then everything ending tonight will all be sorted together.

After all the Auctions have come ended, update all Auction lots, Generate Invoices and you are good to go. You can request buyer information or send the Combined invoice, whatever it is you need or want to do.

If a buyer wins more than one auction, you can merge them together. How you handle and find repeat buyers is completely up to you. Seller's handle their repeat buyers differently.

What we do is request the buyer's name and address. If you have the name and address in AW2000, the next time you generate Invoices, and that person wins something, their information will automatically appear. Makes it easy to spot because the Invoice status is "Buyer Not Contacted" but there is a name and shipping address already there. So you will know that person has won something from you before.

When we see the name and address already in a newly generated Invoice, we go to (on the menu bar) "Invoice | Merge Invoice". If the buyer has an existing Invoice, it will appear in the Merge Invoice dialog box. And we can group the two Invoices together.

You cannot use the User Id as a search option before bidding is closed. That field is for after the Auctions have closed and the User id is stored in the Buyer button in the Auction lots window. Prior to that the User id is simply bidding activity stored in the Bid History.

You might consider adding a footer to your Listing template containing information concerning how you handle combined shipping. Something as simple as please email me if you wish to group items together to save money on shipping. It does not need to be elaborate. But your buyer's need to know what to do and how to do it.

I hope that helps some.

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 02:56 PM

Thanks alot Judy! I'm printing this out! There are some auctions that eBay says have ended, but according to AW2000 they're still active. Do I have to set the time in AW2000? Maybe I have it wrong on eBay! Not sure!
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/12/07 03:13 PM

Mickey,

Update all your auction lots. The Auction lots status should be either "Sold Not Shipped" or "Offline" Offline means the Auction ended without a winning bidder. "Sold Not Shipped" means the Auction lot ended with a bidder and the item has not yet been shipped. After you ship the Item and the Invoice status is "Feedback not Left" the Auction lot status will change to "Sold and Shipped"

See if updating successfully changes the Auction lot status.

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 10:29 PM

A couple more questions! Do you copy anything off the email from eBay about your "item has sold"? I could copy the person's address & user ID or is that a waste of time?
If I do copy anything from this email, I get the message "Do you want to mark this as "Buyer Responded". I don't do this until the buyer has actually responded, right?
Also, what is Payment service fee that's on the invoice?
Thanks again!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/13/07 04:03 AM

Mickey,

Sorry I didn't see your post. Hubby and I have been outside for hours, in reclining lawn chairs watching the meteor shower. It was quite gorgeous!

You could use the End of Auction emails for extracting the buyer name and address, if that is how you wish to handle your auctions. Lots of sellers do. Or you could use the Paypal payment. It depends on how you want to manage your auctions. And it is six on way and half a dozen the other.

There are two schools of thought, maybe more. Some sellers will store names/addresses from End of Auction or "Please send me total amount due" notification from eBay. eBay is providing the information to expedite the Invoicing process.

Some sellers ignore End of Auction emails obtaining names and addresses from Paypal payment or "I will be sending x dollars shortly" notifications. Names and addresses provided on Paypal payments display whether the information is "confirmed" or "Unconfirmed" which determines whether or not the seller is eligible for Seller protection plan.

We use the Paypal payment and not End of Auction. Lots of buyers do not maintain accurate records at eBay. They move and fail to update the information on eBay for several weeks or even months. The only thing End of auction emails do for us is to notify us something has sold and from where. eBay, Overstock, eBay store.

The other reason we use Paypal payments is also simply because it is more efficient. The Paypal payment must be opened, associated and payment information stored. So instead of opening two emails to get all the information, we only open one.

When you associate any email to an Invoice and the Invoice status is "Buyer Not contacted" the prompt "do you want to mark this as "buyer responded"..... will always appear. You'll have to decide how you want to handle your auctions. If you are just going to store name and address from Paypal payment as well as shipping costs, then you might decide it is entirely appropriate to go ahead and mark the Invoice as Waiting for payment. As soon as you record the payment, the status changes to "Waiting to Ship" anyway.

When we are done opening Paypal payments and recording payments, we then go to "Tasks | Notify winning bidders" and use the AW2000 winning bidder email to request buyer information for any Invoices that hasn't been paid.

I hope that helps a bit.

The Payment service fee information is recorded, if you wish to track it, when you are entering in the Paypal payment on the "Record Income" dialog box. One of the fields on that dialog box is the Payment service fee.. what Paypal charged your for that transaction. Whether it is .40 or $4.00.

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/13/07 06:53 AM

Thanks Judy! That helped. I'm having another problem. After I printed labels I checked the box to sent the buyer a shipping notice. I figured out that the ones who had flat rate shipping got the email that I made. The ones that had calculated shipping, got just the first line of my email. What would cause that?? I did add a couple profiles (that is what you do, isn't it, when you want calculated shipping but different weights? I made one for 1# & one for up to 2#. Hope that was right!
Thanks!
Mickey

mouse
(newbie)
08/13/07 07:14 AM

Another problem!
My eBay records show that 31 buyers paid. I've only gotten 10 "you've received payment" emails from PayPal. Those were from last night!
I want them to go right to my email. Will they always be a day behind? Since I started with this program it seems they're always a day late!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/13/07 09:08 AM

Mickey,

Paypal payments time frames are not determined by the Auction management software you use. Something isn't set correctly in your email notifications. Or you are not leaving a copy of the email on your server so email can be retrieved.

First, the error you asked about the other day. Did you ever get that email error resolved? I want to be sure these two incidents are not related.

Second, are you absolutely certain that all the Paypal payments are being sent to the same email address. Meaning you still do not have that old AOL email address out there on some Listings you had earlier on before switching.

Third, just to be sure you are seeing the "My eBay " correctly, log into your Paypal account and double check to see if 31 buyers have really paid since Sunday morning which is when the eBay time flips to a new week.

Let me know what you find.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/13/07 09:14 AM

Mickey,

If I am understanding you correctly, you have different Auction profiles for each weight. A 1 lb profile, A 2 lb profile, etc and a profile for Flat Rate shipping??? You can most certainly do that if you want. That is how my daughter in law does hers. And it works very well for her.

You need to check to see what default email template you have selected for each Auction profile as far as the Shipping notice.

On the menu, go to " File | Auction Profiles......
Select each Auction profile one at a time. Check to see which email template is selected for the Shipping notice. And record the email template name.

Go to an Invoice and open the Shipping notice in an Invoice and see what the text is. If only one line appears, then perhaps when you edited the email template you forgot to save the work. As the notices you emailed me the other day looked fine. So either you have changed something and didn't save your work. Or you have not selected the correct email template for your Auction profile.

You might try sending me one of each of the shipping notices again and so I can see how they look from my side.

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/14/07 05:49 PM

Please disregard my last message! I found the answer in my notes!
Thanks anyway!
Mickey

mouse
(newbie)
08/14/07 06:08 PM

Hopefully I have the email thing figured out! I did have an auction profile with the wrong listing template.
I now have 3 different profiles (for different shipping charges) & all the emails are correct.
If I want to use a different listing template (different color or something) do I have to make another auction profile? I want to find out before I list another thing! I figure I probably need another auction profile but want to make sure.
Mickey
Thanks again!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/14/07 09:05 PM

Mickey,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Been in St Louis, MO with my sister at the hospital. She had more tests and xrays done today.

You don't necessarily have to create another Auction profile just because you want to change a listing template. You can choose a different Listing template after the Auction lot is created clicking the drop down "Listing Template" box on the Auction profile. It is located right under the description.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/14/07 09:50 PM

Mickey,

Let me clarify something,,,, if you are going to be using a different listing template routinely on auction lot, you might want to consider creating another Auction profile. If you are talking about just using a different Listing template every now and then, then you might consider just changing the Listing template to what you want after you create the Auction lot.

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/15/07 09:35 AM

Hi Judy
I just want to make sure.....I can create an auction, then choose a different template that I don't have an auction profile for? This would just be once in awhile. I already have some auction profiles made up for the ones I use the most!
It won't mess up the emails that get sent out? That's what I was worried about! (hopefully I have all the emails corrected now)!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 09:41 AM

Mickey,

That is correct.

let's say you have Auction profile for 1 lb and the default Listing template is "Sample Red w/Pink" But you have a pink swim suit and you really want to use "Sampel Teal w/Coral" for just this one Listing. Create the Auction lot from the Inventory Item and then change the Listing template in the Listing template field.

Or let's say you have 10 of that little pink swimsuit and you want to use the "Sample Teal w/Coral" listing template for it all of the time. In its Inventory Items, click on the "Auction Information" button. On very bottom you will see the "Listing Template" field. Click the drop down menu and select the Listing template you want to use.

That field value will override the Auction profile default. The default Listing template is used when the 'Listing Template" field contains no value in the Inventory Items or the Auction lot "Listing template" field.

I hope that isn't confusing.

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/15/07 09:50 AM

Thanks Judy. I'm trying to list a tankini right now (I already have an inventory of the same suit in a different size ). Do I go to Inventory & duplicate? Or should I just go to auction lots & duplicate. Don't know why this is so confusing to me! When I used Auctiva.....I just searched for what I wanted & clicked on "list similar". I suppose duplicate is the same thing, but when I try to duplicate in inventory, I get a message that tells me that the current inventory will be the new one (something like that)!
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 09:59 AM

Mickey,

Don't fret about it. When learning new software, terminology is always a test. As every software has its own unique terms specific only to it. So don't get all upset. You are really doing well. And you ask super good questions that are helpful to others.

The message you are receiving "Duplicate Inventory record will become current record" simply means if you click Yes to duplicate, AW2000 will automatically move you to the new Inventory Item so you don't have to go looking for it. So if you duplicate Stock Inventory Item 1007 and your last record is 1200, Duplicating #1007 will mean you will now have 1201 and you will automatically be moved to 1201. I hope that makes sense.

Duplicate the Stock Inventory Item. Then make all the changes you need to make. Auction title, description, Reference ID, Category, whatever changes you need to make. Including being sure the images are correct. If an image isn't one you want to use, don't delete it, use the Exclude image option instead.

To exclude or reorder your images, on the menu, go to "Images | Order and Exclude Images' Click on the image you do not want to appear in this particular listing. You will see a box in the lower right hand side that says "Exclude this image from listing and websites" Click that box when the particular image is highlighted blue. And that image won't be uploaded when you list your goody.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/15/07 03:51 PM

Newbie with another question! I went to File, then Program Options (just checking things out)....Under the Tab "Inventory Items", should the box that reads "Remain on current record after duplicating" be checked? I have it checked right now, but I can't remember if it was that way before I was fooling around with things! What does this do anyway?
Also, I just updated auctions, etc. After I recorded the info from my email payments & closed the email....I got the error message "Access Violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000." Anyone know what that is all about?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 03:58 PM

Mickey,

The "Read of Address" violation you received requires you to shut down AW2000 and restart your computer. You may have had a slight power surge or something. If it happens again after the restart, let me know.

As far as the "Remain on current record after duplicating" option. .....remember earlier today when you asked about the message you received when you were going to duplicate an Inventory Item abou the duplicated record will become the current record. And I told you that if you duplicated the Inventory Item that AW2000 would automatically move you to the new record. Well, checking that box will keep you on the old record instead of moving you to the new record automatically.

Some users check that option. Others do not. I use it sometimes and then other times, it is unchecked, depending on what I am doing.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 03:59 PM

Hey, Mickey,

Your Title just changed today!!! You are now a 'Jourenyman:!!

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/15/07 08:34 PM

Hi Again!
I restarted my computer & that seemed to fix it for a few minutes! I updated auctions, etc. Then I opened the emails that were payments & got those lined up with invoices. I then went to my email "In" box. I read about 3 emails, & I got the error message "Access Violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."
Any ideas?
MIckey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/16/07 00:06 AM

Mickey,

Yep, sure do

Scan your hard drive for errors by going to Start | My Computer, Right click on the "C" Drive
Select Properties from the drop down menu.
Choose the "Tools" Tab
Error Checking option.
Check both options on the Applet that opens, "Automatically fix" and "Scan for and attempt recovers of bad sectors"
Windows will give you a prompt asking if you want to schedule the scan as it needs use of all files.
Click Yes,
Then restart your computer.

After the hard drive scan, run AW2000 again.

See if that solves the problem or not.

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/16/07 02:21 PM

Thanks Judy!
That worked!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/16/07 02:25 PM

Mickey,

What good news! You have the best timing. I had just sat down to email you and see if you were still having problems with the Address violation. Those silly things can be so annoying.

Something you might consider doing, is making a habit of scanning your computer hard drive once a week. That way your computer is always up to snuff and it helps eliminate some of those really super annoying errors. And it doesn't hurt to run the defrag as soon as you are done with the Hard drive scan.

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/18/07 06:18 AM

Me again! I'm still learning! If I have some auctions that didn't sell & I want to save the auction for spring.....what do I do? I don't see anyplace to archive.
Also...when you have alot of closed auctions do you just leave them?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/18/07 06:28 AM

Mickey,

You can one of two things, Change the status of the Auction lots to "Hold" You can then go back and re-queue them later.

Or you can Queue those auction lots for some date next spring. You can Queue auction lots for months and months in advance if you wish.

Could you explain what do you mean by "closed auction lots"? There isn't a closed status. Do you mean "Closed" invoices? Or Auction lots whose status is Sold and Shipped?

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/22/07 06:20 AM
status of auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Another question! After an auction ends, I try to go in & associate auctions w/buyer's ID etc. I have quite a few auctions that have ended, but the status is still "On Line" so when I try to associate some buyers with their paypal payment, I get the message "No Matching Records". What am I doing wrong?? I listed these auctions through AW2000. I thought maybe it was because I wasn't sending out emails to buyers (I still have Selling Manager Pro), but if that were true, all my auctions that ended would have the status of "On Line".
Hope someone can help!!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/22/07 06:54 AM
Re: status of auctions new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Update the Auction lots by going to Auction Site | Update all lots

At the end of the update process you will be able to generate invoices. AW2000 will then automatically change the Auction lot status to "Sold not Shipped" After you ship the item, providing you use AW2000 to generate shipping notices, the Auction lot status will automatically change to " Sold and shipped"

Does that help!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

mouse
(journeyman)
08/23/07 12:26 PM
Re: status of auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Again!
I have a question about Inventory. I think I figured it out, but want to make sure!
I have an inventory item called "Yoga Pants", then another called "Sports Pants". I've been duplicating the Inventory item & I shouldn't be, should I? Say I'm listing another pair of Yoga pants, but different size, I would just duplicate the auction & make changes, right? Otherwise, I'll be getting a long list of Yoga pants in inventory! Or is it better to have an inventory item for each size? Guess that would be up to me? It would save some time. Just wondering what you thought!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/23/07 12:53 PM

MIckey,

Some sellers duplicate Auction lots. I duplicate the Inventory Item. If you do not create an Inventory Item for each item, you will not be able to use some reports or track inventory. As Auction wizard will not know the new item exists other than in Auction lots.

So what I do is if I have four sizes of pants. I create an Inventory Item for the first size and then create three more for each size totallying four Inventory item,

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/23/07 06:12 PM

Thanks!
Mickey

mouse
(journeyman)
08/23/07 06:14 PM

One more thing. When you say if you have four sizes of pants.........do you mean if you have the exact same size you make 4 different inventory items or if you have four same style, different sizes?
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/23/07 06:32 PM

Mickey,

Sorry, I was not clear.

If I had four blue pants. all the same style and color but different sizes. A size 6 , 8, 10 and 14. I would create an Inventory Item for each size.

Is that better?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/25/07 06:14 PM

Another question! When I make an inventory item, I usually just do the description, etc then I click on make New Auction, then I click on the Auction Tab & finish the auction there. This time I forgot & I added pics while I was in the Inventory. When I went to "New Auction Lot", then clicked on "Auction", the pics weren't there. Did I do something wrong?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/25/07 06:39 PM

Mickey,

All the fields in an Inventory Item is copied to an Auction lot. We never finish an Item once a lot is made as all the fields are completed in Inventory items, including images.

I am wondering if maybe a step is being omitted in the process so let me go through the steps and see if maybe it will help you spot the problem.

You create an Inventory Item, click "Stock" field so you can track quantities.

complete description, categories, shipping options (if needed) Item specifics, Auction title line, store categories. All the reference id, Inv. category, Start price and/or Buy It now price. And add the image(s)

Then you go to the tool bar and click the red hammer which allows you to select which profile for which you wish to create an Auction lot. Click OK and an Auction lot is created.

You can go to the "Committed quantities" box on the Inventory Item, double click on the "Lot #" and you are automatically taken to the newly created Auction lot.

Is that what you do?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/25/07 07:49 PM

Thanks Judy!
Yes, I'm skipping a step! I have to admit it is getting easier though! Good thing since my 60 days are about up. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get this software! If it wouldn't have been for your help (and others), I'm not sure I would buy it though! You are all a big help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/25/07 08:00 PM

Mickey,

Cool! I am glad that you found the step you are missing. Once you get the hang of creating auction lots one at a time, let me know as you can create a whole bunch of auction lots at one time and you can queue a whole long list at one time too. And I'll show you how. sure makes it quick when you have a whole pile of stuff to get online.

I am really glad you are becoming more comfortable with AW2000. And I am glad I can help you. Best of all, I have enjoyed meeting you!!!!!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/25/07 10:33 PM

I have queued a whole list at a time (well, maybe 10)! I just kept making auctions up & when I got about 10 or so done I gueued them to list. Not sure how you would go about creating a bunch of auction lots at one time! Now you have me intrigued!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/26/07 04:49 AM

Mickey,

I knew I would tug your curiosity. I am so bad

In the Inventory Items window, go to the Grid view.

You can either select a long list of contiguous records just like you do to Queue the Auction lots.

Or you select non-contiguous records by selecting the first record you want to create an Auction lot for, Hold down the Ctrl key on you keyboard, and you can jump all over the place selecting this Inventory Item record or that one

Then right click

A whole new pop up menu appears with all these other things you can do. Such as "Create Auction lot"

And you follow the same steps are creating an Auction lot for one Inventory Item.

whatever is selected in the Grid view, is how many auction lots that will be created.

You can also hit the "red hammer" on the toolbar if you want to after you have selected a long list of records. I just do the right click.

Give it a try, Talk about fast.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/27/07 12:17 PM

I've made a few auctions today & queued them for listing this weekend. I decided to list one today, so I went to the auction & put in the start date. Then I went to "auction site" & clicked on "list queued auctions". Nothing is there......
I had this happen yesterday to a few auctions but thought maybe I messed up my auction profiles or something! I checked all my auction profiles today though, & everything seems OK. What would cause this?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/27/07 12:30 PM

Mickey,

Let me see if I am following you---

You created 22 auction lots.

You have queued the auction lots to list yesterday 8-26-07??

You go to Auction Site | List Queued lots

The dialog box opens and you select the profile you want to list for and nothing appears???

It is not necessary to enter in the Start date on the Auction lot. That date will automatically store when you list with AW2000. AW2000 obtains that information from eBay when the lot is submitted.

Am I following you correctly?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/27/07 01:02 PM

yes, that's right! Right now I have 3 auctions that I made today & used "queue for listing" on 9/02. It doesn't matter if the date is there or not though, right? When I click on "Auction Site" & "List queued auctions" nothing comes up! All the auction profiles have checkmarks in them. Just when I think I'm getting this.....there's always that "bump in the road"!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/27/07 01:11 PM

Mickey,

You have them queued for listing on 9/02/2007. They will not show up to list until 9/02/2007.

If you want to list them today, you can by Queueing them again.

You can change your Show/Hide Records to only display "Queued for Listing" for that particular Auction profile.

Then go to the Grid View,
HIghlight all the Auction lots you want to Queue again. Select the "Queue lot for listing" button right above the Auction lots, just like you have been.

But on the date you want to list, leave it for today instead.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/27/07 01:25 PM

The "Queue lot for listing" button won't light up.
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/27/07 01:38 PM

Mickey.

Unselect the records by clicking in the Grid anywhere so nothing is highlighted in blue. Then select the records again. The "Queue for listing" button should become active if you have more than one record selected.

You must select more than one record though.

Does it work now?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/27/07 02:04 PM

No, it didn't work. I tried selecting a few of them at once, & the "Queue for Listing" won't light up! Should it light up if I already have them queued for listing? I know it's probably some dumb little thing that's wrong!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/27/07 02:15 PM

Mickey,

First, how many auction lots are you attempting to Queue?

Second, you can elect to simply change the Status to Offline, or Never listed, Then Queue them again.

Now if you decide to simply change the Status, they will all "disappear" as you have your Show/Hide records set to "Queued for Listing" If that happens, then just go find the Auction lots and Queue them again.

See if that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/27/07 02:51 PM

Thanks Judy! You'd think I would think of changing the status on them & queue over! I guess that sounded too easy! Anyway, that worked!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/27/07 02:52 PM

Mickey,

Cool! Have you listed them yet??!!!!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/27/07 02:53 PM

One more thing.....when I just listed that one auction a message came up that says...."There is 1 On line auction lot in the Database without an Auction ID. Do you want to download the auction ID for this lot?"
What exactly do they mean???
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/27/07 02:57 PM

MIckey,

That means that an Auction lot whose status is "Online" does not have an Auction id number in the Auction id number field. Now either, you have accidentally changed the status of an Auction lot to "Online". Or when you listed, eBay did not return an Auction id number. That happens sometimes.

Click the Download Auction id and let AW2000 work. If you have already closed that dialog box, you can still download the Auction id number(s) by going to Auction Site | Download Auction id's. And letting AW2000 work.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/28/07 07:45 AM

Me again! I thought you would have an idea to help me with packing!
When I list an item, I put it in a priority envelope & put the Lot # on it. Then I put these envelopes in bins or totes. When auctions end, I was printing out invoices (I put the lot # on the invoices first...in the tracking # spot) so I would have the address & the item & lot #. I have a teenaged granddaughter who packs for me & all the info is on the invoice that she needs. She cuts out the address & tapes on the bag. The address is kind of small though. Is there any way to make it larger?? I can't find a place to change it.
Or would you have any ideas that would make this simpler?
I wasn't going to print invoices & labels, but I might have to! I just print on paper now & tape on package. Maybe I should invest in a label printer?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/28/07 08:07 AM

Mickey,

Well when we first started here, we hand wrote everything. Isn't that insane!!!!! We changed pretty quick though. Man talk about hand cramps

Couple of things you can do--- Since you are cutting out the name and address off the Invoice anyway and using a sheet of paper, you might consider using the Printed Invoices Report and customizing it. You can make the name and address font larger when customizing the report. Which is what we did just so it is easier for all of us here with over 50 eyes (and when we forget to take our reading glasses to the warehouse to pull orders

The other thing you can do is what we did right before I went to using Endicia, I got a pin-fed printer and bought larger address labels. I faked out AW2000 to thinking it was printing a single lazer label in the pin-fed. Since we can only put one label at a time on a package it worked really well.

We used the "Queue Shipping Label" icon on the toolbar. And then immediately printed the label. OF course three labels would run out, But we tore off the one we needed, hit load paper and the pin-fed automatically placed the labels in the ready position for the next label. The printer would be ready before we could peel and stick the address and put it into the Postal carry out crates. I don't recall which label I used to fake out AW2000. I can look. I think it is still configured on the Shipping computer. It wasn't too hard to do.

But using the Reports Printed Invoices and customizing it might be your better option for right now since you are already use to cutting out sheets of paper.

Now in the REports, when you customize, there is the ability to create labels for dot matrix printers. You have to Customize a Printed Invoice report, Then when that report opens in the customize editor, click on File | New. And there are three options. Choose Label wizard. And there are lazer as well as dot matrix labels. You might be able to create a label that would work for your needs.

Does that help??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/28/07 07:05 PM

Yes, that really helped! I was thinking along those lines but wasn't quite sure! I have it set up now.
One more thing....what is the Multi-Row Image Tabs for & how does it work?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/28/07 07:19 PM

Mickey,

The Multi Row Image tab will arrange the manner in which the images are displayed within AW2000. Click and watch the images on any Inventory Item. Especially if you have quite a few images. Instead of being in a long line, the images line up in shorter rows with tabs sort of like looking at the OUtlook Express Account properties applet or some similar program.

Try it, you can always unselect it if you don't like the way it looks. It does not re-arrange the way images are uploaded to your web space. Just the way they are arranged in AW2K

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/28/07 07:27 PM

Thank you!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/28/07 07:54 PM

Mickey,

You are so welcome.

Did that make sense??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 05:55 AM

I have another problem! I have a few auctions that ended with no bidders & Auction WIzard 2000 still shows them as online. Why is that?

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 06:10 AM

Mickey,

No worries. Update all auction lots by going to

Auction Site | Update all lots

And allow AW2000 to work. After the update the Auction lots Status will display correctly. Either "Offline" or "Sold not shipped" depending on whether or not they sold.

If the lot did not sell and the Status is Offline, you can Queue that lot for listing again and just relist it.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 08:21 AM

I could have sworn that's what I did first thing this morning! Now, I updated again, & they're right!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 08:35 AM

Mickey,

You know that happens sometimes. I just finished an AW2000 training class here. And I bet every single day they would swear they had updated their auctions. And when I checked, nope, had not been done.

Once you get use to doing it and establish a routine, you won't miss it. That is the first thing we do in the morning. Before retrieving email or even cleaning the public restrooms. Start the AW2000 update. It doesn't take but a minute but the staff will start the update and then go do other things and come back in a little bit to start email, associating payments, etc.

I am glad that fixed it!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 08:40 AM

I think those auctions that I thought updated got relisted (I queued them earlier). I have an auction ending pretty quick & I'll let you know if that one goes to off line when I update!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 08:46 AM

Mickey,

You Queued the Auction lots for listing before they had ended? Did you change the Auction lot status manually as they cannot be Queued for listing when the Status is Online?

If you wait a couple of minutes before using Auction Site | Update all lots, after the auctions end, it will work better. It is an eBay issue not an AW2000 to wait. It is the way eBay releases information about closed Auctions.

So wait just a couple of minutes when the End of Auctions come in before updating all lots.

Let me know!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 09:32 AM

The auctions I queued for listing ended last night but the status didn't change, so I changed it to "offline", then queued them for listing.
I just had an auction end & the status is still "online". I'll wait a little while longer & try to update auctions again. I did receive payment for the item, but when I tried to associate it with the item, I got the message "No matching records".
Thanks!!
Mickey

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 09:36 AM

I just updated again & it says that item is "offline". Shouldn't it say "sold not shipped"? I did have a winning bidder. It shows the bidder's user ID & the shipping cost, but not what the item sold for.
Maybe I did something wrong when I listed it? Can you think of a reason that the status would change to "offline" instead of "sold"?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 09:51 AM

Mickey,

If you have not generated an Invoice, there will not be a record to associate it with.

The Auction lot that ended. Double check the Auction id number on the End of Auction against the Auction id in AW2000 for that Auction lot and see if they are the same. Let me know if whether or not they are the same or different.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 10:00 AM

Yes, they have the same auction ID #.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 10:05 AM

MIckey,

Change that one Auction lot status back to Online and update it manually. You can update that one lot manually by using your keyboard. Hit the Ctrl+D key at the same time and AW2000 will update it.

Let me know if the buyer information stores.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 10:27 AM

OK, I updated manually & it updated & status went to "sold not shipped". When I open the payment email, I'm still getting told there's no matching records.
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 10:30 AM

Mickey,

Generate invoices.

Go to Tasks | Generate Invoices.

When you use the manual update method like that, no "generate Invoices' prompt appears. You have to use Tasks | Generate Invoices .

Let me know if that works better

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 10:41 AM

Duh..............I can't believe I didn't remember to generate invoices! That worked. Do you have any idea why I had to manually update that auction? Just wondering............
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 12:48 PM

Mickey,

Well it is only a guess but based on the difficulties from the last two days I have experienced, I would say eBay is having technical difficulties. The End of Auction emails as well as Listing confirmations have been extremely slow. Auction information is not being released as it should be often taking up to 30 minutes as opposed to just a couple of minutes.

The manual update doesn't require any information release by eBay as it is for just a single auction lot. So when you update just that one auction lot, then eBay returns the info for just the one thing AW2000 requested.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 08:30 PM

Hi again! Just a quick question! The auctions that didn't sell & I relisted (I took them offline, then went to "auction site" & "queue for listing"), when I look through the list of auctions I have queued, the old start & end date are still there. Does that matter? Just want to make sure I'm not making some little mistake that will mess things up!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 08:36 PM

Mickey,

When you say you "took them offline" you didn't manually change the settings?? You updated the auction lots and AW2000 changed the Status for you??

Don't worry about the Start and Close dates. When you list the Auction lot again, AW2000 will change the dates to the correct Start and Close date. You do not have to do anything to those fields. It is automatic. When you Start the auction is determined by when you Queue the Lot for Listing and then actually submit the Lot.

Hope that helps

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 08:47 PM

Yes, I manually changed the settings. Remember, I talked to you earlier & the auctions had ended on eBay but they were showing "online" on Auction Wizard. I thought you told me to change the status to "offline" & then relist them with Auction Wizard (well, they're queued to start this weekend). Did I do that right? Guess I'll find out!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 09:04 PM

Mickey,

Today when that happened was a unique situation. Normally, you need not change Auction lot status'. Since the auctions ended without a winning bidder, you will be fine. No worries.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 09:26 PM

Hi Judy
I had 5 auctions end about an hour or two ago. I updated all auction lots & was told there were no invoices to generate. Guess I'll try again tomorrow! I just like to keep on top of what's selling etc. I'm getting more use to this program & I can list faster.....but I just hate this waiting for invoices! Does this happen often with eBay?
Guess I'll go to bed now & get some sleep!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 03:04 AM

Mickey,

No this does not happen frequently at all. Let's see if we can figure out what is going on.

First, the auctions that sold,, those were listed with AW2000m, right And those auction lots are in the AW2K database? So you can find them by using the Auction id number.

Go ahead and find them using the Auction id number, What is the Auction lot status?

Let me know.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 05:55 AM

Hi Judy!
I'm about ready to give up on this! Out of the 5 auctions that ended last night....only one shows the status of "sold not shipped". The others show that they're still "online". But when I updated auctions, I got nothing about generating an invoice! Should I update each of these manually?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 06:01 AM

Mickey,

Don't give up. Something isn't quite right or this would not be happening. I'll contact tech support and get his slant on it.

In the meantime, so you found all the Auctions by searching with Auction id number? And all of the 5 are in the database?

Take a look at the Start and Close date for me. What dates are in those fields?

And are you using Auction site | Update all lots?

Or are you updating for just one profile by going to Auction Site | Update lots for profile xxxxx?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 07:05 AM

All the dates are 8/22 to 8/29. I go to Auction Site & update all auctions. I think it's something I did, now that I look them over! I changed some auction profiles so I would only have 5 or so basic ones. I thought I listed these auctions after I did that though.....but, the ones that aren't updating have nothing filled in in the listing template or auction profile spot. Would that have something to do with it?
The one that the status says "sold not shipped"....shouldn't that update & generate an invoice?
Thanks!
Mickey

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 07:08 AM

I did check all the auction ID #'s & they're all in the database.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 07:09 AM

Mickey,

that was my next question. check the Auction profile field and tell me what Auction profile is selected.

So you must have deleted Auction profiles?

No worries. In the drop down menu in the auction profile field, select an appropriate Auction profile, then update. i.e. if these auctions are regular auction style, then select a profile that is regular auction and not an eBay store profile.

The Listing template field won't matter a bit for updating. That only affects Listing.

After you update, you can generate Invoices.

Let me know if that fixes the problem

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 07:35 AM

I took each one offline to put in the auction profile, then I put each one back to "online". I updated & still get the message "no invoices to generate" So then I put the as "sold not shipped" & tried again. I still get the message "no invoices to generate".

Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 08:04 AM

Mickey,

Did you try manually updating just one of the Auction lots after you re-selected an Auction profile instead of using "Auction Site | Update all lots"?

For this one Auction lot that you are updating manually and individually, be sure the Listing template field is contains a Listing template selection in it.

See if buyer information is stored on the Auction lot and if an Invoice will generate.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 08:21 AM

I tried all auctions, individually, to update. None would. 3 of the auctions show the buyers ID. Does it matter what the status is at?
I double checked & all of these had the auction profile & listing template filled in.
What a mystery this is! Kansas isn't that far away, is it? I wish I could take some lessons personally from you! I would have quit by now if you weren't helping me!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 08:28 AM

Mickey,

Nope Kansas isn't far away. Hang in there. I know how frustrating a problem can be. Been there done that. But we will get this fixed. The problem is related to the missing Auction profile problem. I emailed tech support for assistance. That is if you and I can't get it figured out And I am tenacious by nature. I love a challenge!!

That is great that buyer information stored. Yes it matters what the Auction lot Status is. Is the Auction lot "Online" or is the Status "Sold not Shipped"

And I am online right now so I see every post you make as soon as it is made. I can respond quick as a wink

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 08:31 AM

I changed them manually to "sold not shipped". Now I changed one to "online" & it let me update manually! I'll try that with the others & see if I can get them to generate the invoices!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 08:40 AM

I can't generate invoices. Well, it says there are none to generate. The status changed though, to sold not shipped.
When I go to the tab Invoices, these auctions say "buyer not contacted". They have invoice #'s & buyers user ID. Should I just change them manually?
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 08:45 AM

Mickey,

Now let me see if I am following you. When you go to the Invoices window/tab, there are Invoices generated for each buyer and Auction lot? Meaning all five Auction lots have Invoices generated for them?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 08:59 AM

Mickey,

don't change the INvoice status manually from "Buyer Not Contacted" Use AW2000 as it is designed and the Status will change on its own to the appropriate Status depending on where you are in the process.

Have the buyer's paid for their Auctions?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 09:04 AM

Yes, they all have invoices generated (boy am I dumb, no wonder there were none to generate)! So, when I manually update an auction, does it automatically generate an invoice? I'm going to get my email now!
I did go back & check the auctions I have online (about 57) & there were 3 wihout the auction profile filled in! So I fixed that! It makes me even madder when I know it's my own fault this is happening!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 09:34 AM

Mickey,

Now don't go be too hard on yourself. We have all done these type of things and some of us still do from time to time. And once you have made an error like this, you are less likely to do it again. Something just burns it into your memory banks

When you manually update, the Invoices do not generate automatically. That is why I told you the first time to go to "Tasks | Generate Invoices".... after manually updating.

You did the right thing by correcting the missing Auction profile field values. In the future, it is better to refrain from deleting unnecessary Auction profiles. It is better to go to "File" on the menu and select "Auction Profiles" The uncheck the "Active" box. Keep in mind, that any Auction lots that used the Auction profile you just made Inactive, will not have an Auction profile appear in the "Auction profile" field.

Let me know if you can associate payments and if all is well.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 09:39 AM

I got the info from my email of the 2 auctions that ended & had paid. Shouldn't the status in auctions change to sold & shipped? I checked the box for payment received & I also checked the ship box & send email (do I acutally have to send the email)? I haven't done that...it's in my Outbox.
Now on the invoice tab, the auctions I was having trouble with, the status is "buyer not contacted".
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 09:45 AM

Mickey,

The Invoice Status will not change until after you go to "Tasks | Print Shipping labels and Invoices"... on the menu and generate the shipping notice emails. Providing you check the appropriate boxes in the dialog box. You will want to send the shipping notice email. As well as mark the Invoice as shipped.

The "Record Income" box is not the utility that changes the Invoice status to Feedback not Left The Invoice status will change from either "Buyer not Contacted" or "Waiting for Payment" (depending on the communication you have had with the buyer) to "Waiting to Ship" when recording payments.

Once you actually use the "Print Shipping labels and Invoices" utility, the Auction lot Status will change to "Sold and Shipped."

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 09:51 AM

Thanks! That explains it!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 09:57 AM

Mickey,

See, I told you we would get it all fixed up. No worries.

I am glad that helped and you are up and running again!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 07:22 PM

I have another question!
I just updated auctions & I got the message "There are 44 auction lots currently online that meet the update criteria."
According to eBay I have 55 auctions online. What would make the difference? I checked all my active auctions in AW 2000 (to make sure they all have profiles, etc.). Why would there be this discrepancy?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 07:39 PM

Mickey,

couple of things. eBay will display a total of all your auctions both Store, Fixed price as well as Auction style. AW2000 tracks the listings for each profile. So you might need to add up the total between all your profiles in order for the numbers to match.

The other factor could be you may have a few Fixed price auctions with qty more than one? Those are displayed as individual auctions on the Auction Style count.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/31/07 09:09 PM

Another question! I've been listing some items tonight. How do you go about doing yours? I've been doing a "search" in my auctions. When I find the one that's closest to what I need, I click on "go to stock item", then I duplicate that & change the Reference & make any changes I need to (I suppose when I get thousands of auctions made, I'll just be able to go right to the item I need in inventory)!
Then I double click on the Lot # so I can preview my auction. Do you do this? Or do you just make up alot of auctions in inventory, then look for the ones that say "Never listed" & queue them to list all at one time? I know you told me how to do that! Do you preview your auctions before queueing?
Thanks for any help! Hope this isn't too confusing! It's getting close to my bedtime!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 06:07 AM

Mickey,

I am sorry I am slow in responding. I am on vacation in the mountains. I have my laptop and will check the boards when we are in camp. So if you post and I do not respond quickly, I am riding through the mountains on a 4 wheeler. I will check in and see if anyone needs assistance

I do not preview my auctions prior to Listing. My listing templates are already edited how I want them. I do read through the description prior to creating an Auction lot in the Inventory Items. But once Lots are created I do not Preview.

You can change your Show/HIde record filter to only display auctions that are "Offline" and "Never listed" for all profiles or selected profiles. I sort by profile and Queue auctions for each profile I have. Then I list.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 06:59 AM

Hi Judy!
I just got the other computer hooked up in my new office (garage)! How do I get Auction Wizard? My husband's friend set this up & I thought he said I can just get files from this pc to the other pc. I just wanted them hooked together. He hooked them up so they can "talk to each other". Is that the same thing?? I guess I don't know what I'm doing! I'm another of the "over 50" crowd! I turned 58 this year! I sure don't feel like it though!
Anyway, thanks for any help!
Mickey

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 02:50 PM

Could you tell me once more how to merge an invoice? I have a buyer who won 2 items & wants a combined shipping invoice. I have to send her a combined invoice first, don't I? Then Do I merge them? I can't find my notes you sent me on merging! Sorry!

Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 03:13 PM

Mickey,

No apologies necessary. Unless you merge frequently, it is easy to forget how to do it.

There are two different ways to merge invoices. You can either merge the oldest invoice into the newest. Or visa verse.
We merge the newest backwards into the oldest so the buyer doesn't have to keep track of all the changing Invoice numbers.

so with that thought in mind----
Generate invoices.
Go to the buyers original (oldest) Invoice
Click on "Invoices" on the menu.
click "Merge Invoices" on the drop down menu.
The "Merge Invoices" dialog box will display all the buyer's Invoices.
click OK and the newly generated Invoice will merge into the Invoice you are currently on which is oldest Invoice you have for the buyer.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 03:20 PM

Mickey,

Nay, 58 isn't old at all. Not even close. All the over 50 crowd I run around with can out run, out play and out work all the younger folks around us. In fact, we just got back from 4 wheeling in the mountains, and we gave all those 30 and 40 year olds that went with us a run for their money.

I'll be serious now If that is possible.

There are a couple of things you can do. If you want to network Auction Wizard together, that is perfectly doable. I run AW2000 in a network with 8 computers. Works like a charm. You will have to have 2 licenses. One for each computer.

Or you can also use logmein.com in the garage or visa versa. Meaning, if the garage is where you are going to work most the time, I would install Auction Wizard on the computer in the garage. And use logmein.com at the house to access the garage computer. Logmein.com is a remote access application. There is a free version that is wonderful. Alot of us use logmein.com. I use it all of the time to access my company network so I can work from home (or anywhere else for that matter)

Networking AW2000 isn't hard to do at all. The Help has instructions for networking that are step by step. I have a set printed out in a file at work for when I add computers.

Do you have a router? Or a switch? And your Internet connection, is it a DSL or Fiber optic?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 03:42 PM

Auction Wizard 2000 is installed in the pc in garage (I'll be here most of the time)!
The 2nd pc is in the house. We have a router & our connection is DSL.
Thanks for your help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 04:10 PM

Mickey,

Why don't you give http://www.logmein.com a try and see if that works for you.

Get the free version. If you are going to be in the garage most of the time anyway and only need to be able to check stuff, just use the remote access for a month or so to see if it works for you. After you learn how to work logmein, you can even add inventory and images from a remote location.

I use logmein.com when I am at work. I do not have a network ethernet hookup at the front register. So I will use my laptop with wireless, access my office computer with logmein and I can work all day while running the front end if I need to.

Go check it out and let me know what you think.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
09/03/07 05:49 PM

This is going to sound like a dumb question....but do I download that logmein to the main computer & the 2nd computer?
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/03/07 05:53 PM

Mickey,

That is not a dumb question at all!

You will download logmein utility on the main computer. Then the first time you are going to use the 2nd computer to access the main by logging into your logmein account, they will download a small file to the 2nd computer. Only takes a minute to do that.

If you have any trouble, just give me a shout. I'll be happy to try and help you. I'm home from vacation.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/04/07 07:48 AM

Hi Judy!
I downloaded Logmein on the main computer. When I tried to log in on the 2nd pc, I clicked on + computer (thought I had to add the 2nd one, but then I must have downloaded Logmein all over again, because I got the message that I was trying to access the computer I was using (which was the 2nd one). So I uninstalled Logmein program from the 2nd pc. Just wondering if you had any ideas on what I should do!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/04/07 07:55 AM

Mickey,

No worries. You don't need to uninstall anything.

Log into your Logmein account from your 2nd computer. Because you want to work on the main computer using the 2nd computer.

When you log in, logmein should direct you to your computer list. Which will only have the one computer, (main computer).
And the main computer name is in blue. It is clickable. So click the main computer name.

Another window opens up and asks for the password for accessing that computer. After you enter in the password, you'll be directed to a screen which gives you the available features for the account you have. You will want the "Remote access" tab. Click that button and you will be able to see your main computer and work on it just like you are sitting in front of it. It is the coolest thing!

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/04/07 09:48 AM

Thanks Judy!
I'm going to try it right now!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/04/07 09:54 AM

Mickey,

Let me know how it goes! Once you get the hang of the remote access, you will love it. And wonder how in the world you ever got along without it.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/04/07 03:26 PM

Thanks Judy! I'm on the 2nd computer & can send a message to you! This is amazing! How do I get to the Auction Wizard program to check my auctions? Do I have to download it to this computer?
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/04/07 03:30 PM

Mickey,

Congratulations! Isn't that just the coolest thing ever!!

You do not need to install AW2000 on the second computer. Since you are accessing the main computer using the 2nd computer, just run AW2000 on the main computer. You can work on it just like you are sitting at the desk even though you are in your house using the 2nd computer.

So using your 2nd computer to access the main computer. Go to "Start | All Programs |Aw2000 and run AW2000. Then just update the auctions like normal. You will be able to retrieve email in AW2000. Generate invoices, send invoices or whatever you want to do.

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

mouse
(member)
09/04/07 05:56 PM

This is great! Thanks for all your help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/04/07 06:02 PM

Mickey,

I was hoping you would like it. I use logmein most every day. I can start the backup or the rebuild, head home and by the time I drive home, it is finished. I can log in with logmein and finish up any work I need to from home all the while doing laundry, fixing supper, doing chores or whatever. I love it!

I am so glad you are pleased.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/05/07 07:01 AM

Hi again Judy!
I paid for Auction Wizard 2000 yesterday. Shouldn't I receive a registration code right away? I did email them but haven't heard back. Maybe I will today. I just have 2 days left of my trial & didn't want to lose everything!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/05/07 07:05 AM

Mickey,

You won't lose everything even if it expires. That is not the way AW2000 works.

You should receive a registration license today. Usually it doesn't take very long to get the code. I mean usually the code is emailed within a couple of hours. If you paid late in the day yesterday, that could account for the delay as they are in a different time zone. No worries.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/05/07 02:27 PM

Hi Judy
I got the registration code OK. I have another question! I have alot of auctions that don't have pictures. This happened when I first started Auction Wizard 2000 (it was my fault)! Can I just go in & add the pictures to the inventory & auction items that are missing?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/05/07 02:30 PM

Mickey,

Good news getting the registration code! Congratulations!

Images are not imported. So it isn't your fault. But it can be corrected. I am presuming you have not listed the items without images, correct? As no images would show up on the auction listing which would be a bad deal

Have you created new Inventory Items for the Auction lots you imported? Or have you not done anything with the auction lots you imported? And that stuff hasn't been listed again or anything? I am asking as there are a couple of options.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/07/07 09:10 AM

I haven't done anything with the auctions lots I imported. Some are in Inventory though & some are in auctions.
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 09:21 AM

Mickey,

Thanks. That is what I needed to know to help you

Since you haven't done anything with them yet, you can just turn them into Inventory Items and create auction lots so you can get them online. Once you get everything you imported fixed with images, etc. The imported stuff you can delete. But let's not delete anything yet.

Send me your email address again. I seemed to have lost it from the other day when you emailed me. And I will send you a step by step instructions on how to convert imported Auctions and/or Inventory items. It is really elementary looking but it works

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/07/07 03:38 PM

Thanks Judy!
My email is mickey6590@softhome.net
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/07/07 07:24 PM

Mickey,

I just sent you a document. If it doesn't help, don't even think twice about letting me know. And I'll try to find something better to help you.

Let me know

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/09/07 01:18 PM

I'm trying to list some auctions & I keep getting this message...
"FTP ERROR: Unable to log in to FTP server. Upload aborted."
I've restarted both the computers & can''t figure it out. Does it mean my server is down for some reason? Hope this doesn't happen very often!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/09/07 02:53 PM

Mickey,

It could certainly mean your FTP server is down.

Go to your FTP account and try to log in and see if you can log in.

Are your images showing up on your auction listings that are running on eBay?

If they are, are you sure you have space left on your FTP account. Meaning what is the limit on your FTP space. Some FTP accounts will literally shut you off if you exceed your limit. Others will simply bill you for the overage. You should check to see what your FTP account allows.

The other thing you can do is paste one of the image url's into a new browser window and see if it displays. If it displays then your FTP server is running and something else is wrong.

let me know

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(member)
09/09/07 03:29 PM

Hi Judy
My images are showing up in the auctions I have listed now. Also, when I copy & paste the URL into the browser window, it works fine. I tried to log in to my account & was told I have the wrong password. I saved the email with my password, so don't know what the problem is. I just sent an email to pair.com.....hopefully they'll get right back to me! It's probably something very simple! I hope!
Mickey

mouse
(member)
09/09/07 04:16 PM

I got a response from pair.com. They sent me a new password since I couldn't log into my account. Now I can log into my account but Auction Wizard still won't connect to the FTP server.....I keep getting an "error". It worked fine when I was on the trial version....it wouldn't have anything to do with the registration code would it?
Pair.com told me to have my password with Auction Wizard & with them the same.....I don't remember having a password with Auction Wizard.
Thanks again!
Mickey

mouse
(member)
09/09/07 05:44 PM
Re: just ignore my last 2 questions! new [re: bluepennylady]  

Just wanted to let you know that everything is OK! I forgot to change my password in the Auction WIzards FTP settings! Geez! My husband figured it out!
Thanks for your help!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
09/09/07 05:54 PM
Re: just ignore my last 2 questions! new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Husband's are so nice to have around. They can fix so many things for us!! Nothing like a handy dandy hubby to save the day!

I was just getting ready to post and suggest you check your password in AW2K since you changed the password at pair.com. Sounds like you are good to go

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads