Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 181204 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
mouse
(newbie)
08/10/07 11:44 PM
Saving pics  

Are my pictures always saved on Auction Wizard 2000? If they are, then I don't need to save them elsewhere do I?
What happens if my computer crashes though? Won't I lose all my pictures on AW2000?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 00:00 AM
Re: Saving pics new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

I know it is 2:00 am and I am on the boards Actually I am studying so I took a break and looked online

Any Images you add to AW2000 are saved within the AW2000 folder "Images". Some users retain the original images somewhere else either on their hard drive or on an external drive somewhere. I do not. Once we add the images to AW2000 and the SD card gets full, we re-format the SD card.
In order to be sure you don't run into trouble losing data, always run a backup of your AW2000 program anytime you have worked in the database. I know some users only do a backup every few days or maybe once a week. I do a backup every single day. And I burn a hard copy (DVD) every other day. So if there should be a problem, I have a backup to my hard drive. In the very worse case scenario and my hard drives on my server would crash, I have a hard copy of the day before work.

Maintaining the original image on your hard drive takes up a lot of hard drive space. So I do not recommend retaining images on your hard drive. If you want to keep images, save them to an external drive or some other form of removable media so your computer hard drive stays clean.

And while we are on hard drives, you should do routine computer maintenance. Do a disk clean up, scan hard drive for errors and defrag once a week.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/11/07 05:29 PM
Re: Saving pics new [re: bluepennylady]  

Where is that folder? I went to my C drive, opened the Image folder, but I get the message that it needs to know what program made this file. Am I in the right spot?? I just want to make sure my pics are in there before I delete any!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 05:45 PM

Mickey,

The Image folder on the C drive that is located in the AW2000 folder cannot be opened by clicking on it. If your images are displayed on Auction lots and Inventory Items in the AW2000 when you run AW2000, then your images are there.

Just don't delete images on any Auction lot or Inventory Item. I am presuming you are wanting to delete images you have saved to My Pictures or somewhere else on your C drive prior to adding the image(s) to AW2000?

Where do you put your images before you add them to AW2000?

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/11/07 08:05 PM

I'm sure glad I didn't delete anything! There are no pictures in my inventory items (unless it's an auction that just ended or is queued to list! Do you know why is that??
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/11/07 09:04 PM

Mickey,

Most likely what you are seeing without images are the Auction lots and the related Inventory Items which were created when you imported. Images are not imported into AW2000. I can help you add images to the newly imported Inventory Items if you want. Or turn the newly imported Inventory Items into STock Inventory Items.

Any thing you have added yourself since you started using AW2000 will have the image because you added it in the Image portion using "Add Images".

Does that make any sense at all?

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 07:21 AM

Yes, that makes perfect sense!
Another question.....after I move my email into AW2000 I get the error message "No Email Address has been entered for this Email Account". I get this message every time. I do have my email account in AW2000, unless I don't have it in a spot it should be!
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/12/07 10:57 AM

Mickey,

Open up the Email account(s) by going to
File | Email accounts

check to see that you have completed all the fields including the "Reply to" email address. then run the POP3 and SMTP email tests.

Let me know what you find

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/12/07 01:23 PM

Another question! I have about 50 auctions ending tonight. I'm so use to Selling Manager Pro.....
If you have a winner on one auction, what is the easiest way to check your active auctions to see if they're bidding on another item? I want to wait till they're done bidding & then send them a combined invoice. Do you just do a "search" of active items with the User ID? That's what I'm thinking, but I just want to make sure....don't want to make this any harder than it has to be!!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/12/07 02:24 PM

Mickey,

If I want to see the bidding activity in AW2000, I update my auction lots even before the auction end. And then I sort the Lots by close Date. To do that , go to the Grid view, scroll over and hit the Close Date bold black header. Then everything ending tonight will all be sorted together.

After all the Auctions have come ended, update all Auction lots, Generate Invoices and you are good to go. You can request buyer information or send the Combined invoice, whatever it is you need or want to do.

If a buyer wins more than one auction, you can merge them together. How you handle and find repeat buyers is completely up to you. Seller's handle their repeat buyers differently.

What we do is request the buyer's name and address. If you have the name and address in AW2000, the next time you generate Invoices, and that person wins something, their information will automatically appear. Makes it easy to spot because the Invoice status is "Buyer Not Contacted" but there is a name and shipping address already there. So you will know that person has won something from you before.

When we see the name and address already in a newly generated Invoice, we go to (on the menu bar) "Invoice | Merge Invoice". If the buyer has an existing Invoice, it will appear in the Merge Invoice dialog box. And we can group the two Invoices together.

You cannot use the User Id as a search option before bidding is closed. That field is for after the Auctions have closed and the User id is stored in the Buyer button in the Auction lots window. Prior to that the User id is simply bidding activity stored in the Bid History.

You might consider adding a footer to your Listing template containing information concerning how you handle combined shipping. Something as simple as please email me if you wish to group items together to save money on shipping. It does not need to be elaborate. But your buyer's need to know what to do and how to do it.

I hope that helps some.

Judy/blue

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads