Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 184140 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 09:04 AM
Re: status of auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Yes, they all have invoices generated (boy am I dumb, no wonder there were none to generate)! So, when I manually update an auction, does it automatically generate an invoice? I'm going to get my email now!
I did go back & check the auctions I have online (about 57) & there were 3 wihout the auction profile filled in! So I fixed that! It makes me even madder when I know it's my own fault this is happening!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 09:34 AM
Re: status of auctions new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Now don't go be too hard on yourself. We have all done these type of things and some of us still do from time to time. And once you have made an error like this, you are less likely to do it again. Something just burns it into your memory banks

When you manually update, the Invoices do not generate automatically. That is why I told you the first time to go to "Tasks | Generate Invoices".... after manually updating.

You did the right thing by correcting the missing Auction profile field values. In the future, it is better to refrain from deleting unnecessary Auction profiles. It is better to go to "File" on the menu and select "Auction Profiles" The uncheck the "Active" box. Keep in mind, that any Auction lots that used the Auction profile you just made Inactive, will not have an Auction profile appear in the "Auction profile" field.

Let me know if you can associate payments and if all is well.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 09:39 AM

I got the info from my email of the 2 auctions that ended & had paid. Shouldn't the status in auctions change to sold & shipped? I checked the box for payment received & I also checked the ship box & send email (do I acutally have to send the email)? I haven't done that...it's in my Outbox.
Now on the invoice tab, the auctions I was having trouble with, the status is "buyer not contacted".
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 09:45 AM

Mickey,

The Invoice Status will not change until after you go to "Tasks | Print Shipping labels and Invoices"... on the menu and generate the shipping notice emails. Providing you check the appropriate boxes in the dialog box. You will want to send the shipping notice email. As well as mark the Invoice as shipped.

The "Record Income" box is not the utility that changes the Invoice status to Feedback not Left The Invoice status will change from either "Buyer not Contacted" or "Waiting for Payment" (depending on the communication you have had with the buyer) to "Waiting to Ship" when recording payments.

Once you actually use the "Print Shipping labels and Invoices" utility, the Auction lot Status will change to "Sold and Shipped."

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 09:51 AM

Thanks! That explains it!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 09:57 AM

Mickey,

See, I told you we would get it all fixed up. No worries.

I am glad that helped and you are up and running again!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/30/07 07:22 PM

I have another question!
I just updated auctions & I got the message "There are 44 auction lots currently online that meet the update criteria."
According to eBay I have 55 auctions online. What would make the difference? I checked all my active auctions in AW 2000 (to make sure they all have profiles, etc.). Why would there be this discrepancy?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/30/07 07:39 PM

Mickey,

couple of things. eBay will display a total of all your auctions both Store, Fixed price as well as Auction style. AW2000 tracks the listings for each profile. So you might need to add up the total between all your profiles in order for the numbers to match.

The other factor could be you may have a few Fixed price auctions with qty more than one? Those are displayed as individual auctions on the Auction Style count.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/31/07 09:09 PM

Another question! I've been listing some items tonight. How do you go about doing yours? I've been doing a "search" in my auctions. When I find the one that's closest to what I need, I click on "go to stock item", then I duplicate that & change the Reference & make any changes I need to (I suppose when I get thousands of auctions made, I'll just be able to go right to the item I need in inventory)!
Then I double click on the Lot # so I can preview my auction. Do you do this? Or do you just make up alot of auctions in inventory, then look for the ones that say "Never listed" & queue them to list all at one time? I know you told me how to do that! Do you preview your auctions before queueing?
Thanks for any help! Hope this isn't too confusing! It's getting close to my bedtime!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
09/01/07 06:07 AM

Mickey,

I am sorry I am slow in responding. I am on vacation in the mountains. I have my laptop and will check the boards when we are in camp. So if you post and I do not respond quickly, I am riding through the mountains on a 4 wheeler. I will check in and see if anyone needs assistance

I do not preview my auctions prior to Listing. My listing templates are already edited how I want them. I do read through the description prior to creating an Auction lot in the Inventory Items. But once Lots are created I do not Preview.

You can change your Show/HIde record filter to only display auctions that are "Offline" and "Never listed" for all profiles or selected profiles. I sort by profile and Queue auctions for each profile I have. Then I list.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads