Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 182423 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
mouse
(journeyman)
08/28/07 07:45 AM
Re: status of auctions new [re: bluepennylady]  

Me again! I thought you would have an idea to help me with packing!
When I list an item, I put it in a priority envelope & put the Lot # on it. Then I put these envelopes in bins or totes. When auctions end, I was printing out invoices (I put the lot # on the invoices first...in the tracking # spot) so I would have the address & the item & lot #. I have a teenaged granddaughter who packs for me & all the info is on the invoice that she needs. She cuts out the address & tapes on the bag. The address is kind of small though. Is there any way to make it larger?? I can't find a place to change it.
Or would you have any ideas that would make this simpler?
I wasn't going to print invoices & labels, but I might have to! I just print on paper now & tape on package. Maybe I should invest in a label printer?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/28/07 08:07 AM
Re: status of auctions new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Well when we first started here, we hand wrote everything. Isn't that insane!!!!! We changed pretty quick though. Man talk about hand cramps

Couple of things you can do--- Since you are cutting out the name and address off the Invoice anyway and using a sheet of paper, you might consider using the Printed Invoices Report and customizing it. You can make the name and address font larger when customizing the report. Which is what we did just so it is easier for all of us here with over 50 eyes (and when we forget to take our reading glasses to the warehouse to pull orders

The other thing you can do is what we did right before I went to using Endicia, I got a pin-fed printer and bought larger address labels. I faked out AW2000 to thinking it was printing a single lazer label in the pin-fed. Since we can only put one label at a time on a package it worked really well.

We used the "Queue Shipping Label" icon on the toolbar. And then immediately printed the label. OF course three labels would run out, But we tore off the one we needed, hit load paper and the pin-fed automatically placed the labels in the ready position for the next label. The printer would be ready before we could peel and stick the address and put it into the Postal carry out crates. I don't recall which label I used to fake out AW2000. I can look. I think it is still configured on the Shipping computer. It wasn't too hard to do.

But using the Reports Printed Invoices and customizing it might be your better option for right now since you are already use to cutting out sheets of paper.

Now in the REports, when you customize, there is the ability to create labels for dot matrix printers. You have to Customize a Printed Invoice report, Then when that report opens in the customize editor, click on File | New. And there are three options. Choose Label wizard. And there are lazer as well as dot matrix labels. You might be able to create a label that would work for your needs.

Does that help??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady

mouse
(journeyman)
08/28/07 07:05 PM

Yes, that really helped! I was thinking along those lines but wasn't quite sure! I have it set up now.
One more thing....what is the Multi-Row Image Tabs for & how does it work?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/28/07 07:19 PM

Mickey,

The Multi Row Image tab will arrange the manner in which the images are displayed within AW2000. Click and watch the images on any Inventory Item. Especially if you have quite a few images. Instead of being in a long line, the images line up in shorter rows with tabs sort of like looking at the OUtlook Express Account properties applet or some similar program.

Try it, you can always unselect it if you don't like the way it looks. It does not re-arrange the way images are uploaded to your web space. Just the way they are arranged in AW2K

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/28/07 07:27 PM

Thank you!

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/28/07 07:54 PM

Mickey,

You are so welcome.

Did that make sense??

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 05:55 AM

I have another problem! I have a few auctions that ended with no bidders & Auction WIzard 2000 still shows them as online. Why is that?

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 06:10 AM

Mickey,

No worries. Update all auction lots by going to

Auction Site | Update all lots

And allow AW2000 to work. After the update the Auction lots Status will display correctly. Either "Offline" or "Sold not shipped" depending on whether or not they sold.

If the lot did not sell and the Status is Offline, you can Queue that lot for listing again and just relist it.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

mouse
(journeyman)
08/29/07 08:21 AM

I could have sworn that's what I did first thing this morning! Now, I updated again, & they're right!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/29/07 08:35 AM

Mickey,

You know that happens sometimes. I just finished an AW2000 training class here. And I bet every single day they would swear they had updated their auctions. And when I checked, nope, had not been done.

Once you get use to doing it and establish a routine, you won't miss it. That is the first thing we do in the morning. Before retrieving email or even cleaning the public restrooms. Start the AW2000 update. It doesn't take but a minute but the staff will start the update and then go do other things and come back in a little bit to start email, associating payments, etc.

I am glad that fixed it!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads