Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 182398 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/14/07 09:05 PM
Re: Saving pics new [re: mouse]  

Mickey,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Been in St Louis, MO with my sister at the hospital. She had more tests and xrays done today.

You don't necessarily have to create another Auction profile just because you want to change a listing template. You can choose a different Listing template after the Auction lot is created clicking the drop down "Listing Template" box on the Auction profile. It is located right under the description.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/14/07 09:50 PM

Mickey,

Let me clarify something,,,, if you are going to be using a different listing template routinely on auction lot, you might want to consider creating another Auction profile. If you are talking about just using a different Listing template every now and then, then you might consider just changing the Listing template to what you want after you create the Auction lot.

Judy/blue

mouse
(newbie)
08/15/07 09:35 AM
Re: Saving pics new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi Judy
I just want to make sure.....I can create an auction, then choose a different template that I don't have an auction profile for? This would just be once in awhile. I already have some auction profiles made up for the ones I use the most!
It won't mess up the emails that get sent out? That's what I was worried about! (hopefully I have all the emails corrected now)!
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 09:41 AM

Mickey,

That is correct.

let's say you have Auction profile for 1 lb and the default Listing template is "Sample Red w/Pink" But you have a pink swim suit and you really want to use "Sampel Teal w/Coral" for just this one Listing. Create the Auction lot from the Inventory Item and then change the Listing template in the Listing template field.

Or let's say you have 10 of that little pink swimsuit and you want to use the "Sample Teal w/Coral" listing template for it all of the time. In its Inventory Items, click on the "Auction Information" button. On very bottom you will see the "Listing Template" field. Click the drop down menu and select the Listing template you want to use.

That field value will override the Auction profile default. The default Listing template is used when the 'Listing Template" field contains no value in the Inventory Items or the Auction lot "Listing template" field.

I hope that isn't confusing.

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/15/07 09:50 AM

Thanks Judy. I'm trying to list a tankini right now (I already have an inventory of the same suit in a different size ). Do I go to Inventory & duplicate? Or should I just go to auction lots & duplicate. Don't know why this is so confusing to me! When I used Auctiva.....I just searched for what I wanted & clicked on "list similar". I suppose duplicate is the same thing, but when I try to duplicate in inventory, I get a message that tells me that the current inventory will be the new one (something like that)!
Thanks again!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 09:59 AM

Mickey,

Don't fret about it. When learning new software, terminology is always a test. As every software has its own unique terms specific only to it. So don't get all upset. You are really doing well. And you ask super good questions that are helpful to others.

The message you are receiving "Duplicate Inventory record will become current record" simply means if you click Yes to duplicate, AW2000 will automatically move you to the new Inventory Item so you don't have to go looking for it. So if you duplicate Stock Inventory Item 1007 and your last record is 1200, Duplicating #1007 will mean you will now have 1201 and you will automatically be moved to 1201. I hope that makes sense.

Duplicate the Stock Inventory Item. Then make all the changes you need to make. Auction title, description, Reference ID, Category, whatever changes you need to make. Including being sure the images are correct. If an image isn't one you want to use, don't delete it, use the Exclude image option instead.

To exclude or reorder your images, on the menu, go to "Images | Order and Exclude Images' Click on the image you do not want to appear in this particular listing. You will see a box in the lower right hand side that says "Exclude this image from listing and websites" Click that box when the particular image is highlighted blue. And that image won't be uploaded when you list your goody.

Does that help?

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/15/07 03:51 PM

Newbie with another question! I went to File, then Program Options (just checking things out)....Under the Tab "Inventory Items", should the box that reads "Remain on current record after duplicating" be checked? I have it checked right now, but I can't remember if it was that way before I was fooling around with things! What does this do anyway?
Also, I just updated auctions, etc. After I recorded the info from my email payments & closed the email....I got the error message "Access Violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000." Anyone know what that is all about?
Thanks!
Mickey

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 03:58 PM

Mickey,

The "Read of Address" violation you received requires you to shut down AW2000 and restart your computer. You may have had a slight power surge or something. If it happens again after the restart, let me know.

As far as the "Remain on current record after duplicating" option. .....remember earlier today when you asked about the message you received when you were going to duplicate an Inventory Item abou the duplicated record will become the current record. And I told you that if you duplicated the Inventory Item that AW2000 would automatically move you to the new record. Well, checking that box will keep you on the old record instead of moving you to the new record automatically.

Some users check that option. Others do not. I use it sometimes and then other times, it is unchecked, depending on what I am doing.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(veteran)
08/15/07 03:59 PM

Hey, Mickey,

Your Title just changed today!!! You are now a 'Jourenyman:!!

Judy/blue

mouse
(journeyman)
08/15/07 08:34 PM

Hi Again!
I restarted my computer & that seemed to fix it for a few minutes! I updated auctions, etc. Then I opened the emails that were payments & got those lined up with invoices. I then went to my email "In" box. I read about 3 emails, & I got the error message "Access Violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."
Any ideas?
MIckey

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads