Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 10990 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ktreb
(stranger )
10/06/07 04:18 PM
Image hosting new  

HI,

I currently use aol to to store my photos and music files that I use for my auctions. I can not connect to my ftp space with Aw2000 because they are having a problem and have been having a problem for over 2 weeks. I still pay for my aol service and am so mad that I thought I would just switch to a site for file hosting and kick aol to the curb.

Then I thought I would create a website that links to my auctions. The problem is I don't have a clue about websites. If I register a doman name and want to use it to store my files for use on ebay right now, then later down the road create my websitee will it work? I know I have seen urls that say under construction.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks, Kathy

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/06/07 05:49 PM
Re: Image hosting new [re: ktreb]  

Kathy,

You can register a domain name and not use it at all right now until you do build a website. And providing you have enough space, you can host your images and website at the same provider in the same account. I do. My corporate website, all my auction images as well as the AW2000 generated websites are all at pair.com. I have two domain names registered.

There is another web space provider that Marty just started using recently that has the tools to help you build your website. Plus you register your domain name there AND you can host your auction images there as well. I'll have to go find the name of the site again. I can't recall the name for the life of me right now

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/06/07 06:01 PM

Kathy,

Found it! Marty is now using siteground.com. They provide the tools to build your own website. He is very pleased with them. Maybe he will drop by and add what his experience has been with them. Or you can always email him. His user id is moonstruck.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

ktreb
(stranger )
10/06/07 06:21 PM
Re: Image hosting new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thank you. I will check with them.
Kathy

moonstruck22
(member)
10/06/07 08:34 PM

HI Kathy,

Judy is right I use siteground and love their service and available services for the price.
You can go to my website, www.moonstruckacres.biz look to the left side and click on the banner that asks do you need web hosting. You can go through their tour and see what they have to offer.
Again I have been real pleased and the free resources available are real helpful. Can build you a basic website in minutes. You get a free domain registration with your subscription and also the access to a online shop, to boot!
Check it out if you have any questions I will try to answer them. But also the tech support with siteground is exceptional, the FEW times I have had to use it.

Give it a look, I am sure you will like it!

Marty
Visit my webpage!
Moonstruckacres.biz

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/07/07 06:38 AM
Re: Image hosting [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty,

thanks. I was hoping you would drop in to share the particulars.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads