Listing
   >> FTP & Image Management
Thread views: 7013 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

csan6718
(stranger )
04/14/08 05:17 AM
roblems with Pair.com hosting  

I have been using pair for several years with my image hosting. For the last couple mosnths I am getting overage charges and each month it is going up. I have close to the same amount of items on ebay I have always had (about 500 items). I have a store and I relist items each month instead of GTC.
I went into my account at pair and I am lost at what I need to do. I did delete about 2 years of logs last month but I just got another overage notice and they project it to be $7.50 this month ( was $6.50 last month). Any help will be greatly appreciated. I previously used JW white hosting until they closed their doors. They were so easy to figure out.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Chris

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
04/14/08 05:35 AM
Re: roblems with Pair.com hosting new [re: csan6718]  

Chris,

Look at your website statistics first off and see what has the most MB in it.. When you sign into your account,

How long do you leave images on your web space after the close of auction? Meaning what are the settings in AW2000 Program options for deleting images. Go to "File | Program Options"...
When the program options applet opens, it is automatically on the "General" tab.
Look on the right side under "Uploaded Images" there is a field for deleting images x days after auction closes. You might decrease the days so AW2000 deletes images sooner.

The next thing to check are the images on pair. Log into your account.
Go to "File Management"
click on "Web"
Then on the "Public_HML" file.
Find the AW2K directory and click on it.
Usually you get a couple of hyperlinks on the next page.
Select the "directory" link and click on it
That will open up the actual directory where the images are stored.

Check the dates on your images. The dates are normally on the far right hand side. See how old the dates are. If the dates are old, your account could be out of sync with AW2K.

There is a method to correct (synchronize) web space if the web space gets out of sync.

Let me know if that helps.

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads