Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 25988 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)
04/03/06 10:22 AM
can someone recommend an image hosting company??  

Hi, can someone recommend an image hosting company compatible with aw2k other than pair.com?

pinnedunderjeep
(stranger )
04/05/06 08:14 AM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company new [re: Anonymous]  

Check with your isp... most isp's now provide some free webhosting space with the account, which would include ftp access. Might only be 5 or 10mb of space, but that's enough for quite a few pictures.

Another decent hosting company is siteground.com - $5/month if you pay for the year and you get more space and bandwidth then you'd ever need.

tictictic_OnEbay
(journeyman)
04/12/06 10:22 PM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? [re: Anonymous]  

Several of us use Pair.com. They are extremely reliable. You can get an FTP account for around $5 a month when paid a year in advance, and they have specials all the time for newcomers.

tictictic

rizzla
(stranger )
10/27/06 03:26 AM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: Anonymous]  

Ive been using www.EbayPix.net , its only $3.99 a month for unlimited pictures you get an ftp account. You pay via paypal so you can cancel your subscription at anytime. I think the first month is free.

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/27/06 04:45 AM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: rizzla]  

Hi, rizzla,

Thanks for the info. I went and checked them out. It appears they provide image hosting only? Do you know if the service provides email accounts in conjunction with the FTP account? Or if websites can be hosted?

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/27/06 12:48 PM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: Anonymous]  

I've never entered into the hosting company recommendation foray prior to this. It seemed to me that lots of aw2k users liked pair.com so I didn't see any reason to come up with something else. However, I noticed there was a statement here for other than pair. I've used valueweb.net forever. Started with them when all there was available for internet access was a 300 baud modem. They will host your domain name (and will make the transfer for you as well as handling all of the necessary notifications), you get tons of storage space, and also you have lots of email addresses. Anyway, they are good - their uptime is like 99.9% they have great customer support and will even take the time on a phone call to explain anything that you have problems with. So if anyone is keeping a list of ISP's then you can add valueweb.net.

Garry

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/27/06 01:06 PM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

I am glad you shared the information. Good, bad or indifferent, information is the only way any of us can make informed decisions. So you just jump right in here

Does valueweb.net provide the tools for building a website too? I wonder as pair.com does not provide any tools and that is a problem for some people.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
10/27/06 01:18 PM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: AquilaStamps]  

Garry,

And besides all that. I respect your opinion so I wanna know whatcha gotta say

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/27/06 02:53 PM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Yes Valueweb provides tools for building your own website. There are quite a few freebies (of which I'm sure are built into the price somewhere) that you get when you sign up. The basic, bottom of the line package gives you the sitebuilding tool. What's nice about it is that even through you have used it once you can keep going back and adding pages or actually redo your whole site using the tool. Sorta kinda nice feature if someone doesn't have any HTML experience or an HTML site building utility. I think for the bottome tier you get to build your own online store with WebStore Express and create a website with website builder, Urchin web traffic stats and you get 5 gb of disk space and 100 gb of data transfer. Not bad really and it's 24.95 a month or 19.95 a month if you pay yearly.

Garry

AquilaStamps
(member)
10/27/06 02:54 PM
Re: can someone recommend an image hosting company?? new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy:

Thanks for that .

Garry

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads