Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 10684 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

virago
(stranger )
08/27/06 11:22 PM
Using WS_FTP Ipswitch  

Hi all,

I just signed up to use the trial version of AW2K. I'm working on transfering my information from Timbercreeksoftware that apparently went belly up when I wasn't looking. lol.

Anyway, I have about 500 auctions and all the pictures are already uploaded. I would like to continue using my WS_FTP Ipswitch program to do so in the future. I can't find any way to simply tell the AW2K program the on line url for the pictures for each inventory item and auction lot. It insists on browsing my hard drive for any pictures I want in the description.

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks for your time!

Loretta

bluepennylady
(member)
08/28/06 05:15 AM
Re: Using WS_FTP Ipswitch new [re: virago]  

Hi,

Welcome to AW2K. You have selected an excellent piece of software for managing your auction business.

The option to not upload is on the first Lister Wizard dialog box. Uncheck "Upload images to FTP server" You'll have to do a couple of things in order to use WS_FTP instead of AW2K. One-You cannot use an AW2K listing template. Two, you will need to write the descriptions in HTML complete with the image tags.

You might consider to try using the FTP client in AW2K to upload your auction images to your webspace. AW2K will manage your images for you. Even delete old images from your webspace within a time frame you specify. I use WS_FTP as well but it is more convenient, image tag/URL error free, and efficient to use AW2K to upload my auction images. Just a thought.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions. Someone will be happy to help you.

Judy/blue

kml
(stranger )
08/28/06 01:59 PM

hi,

I too am switching over from Timbercreek and have been trying AW2K for the last couple of days.

I have a question regarding the gallery option. I have over 4000 images on my host. Is there a way to point the gallery pic to a URL?

I use the 1 free ebay pic as well as have the URL embedded in the html auction description. This was to ensure if one image host is down, I would have another image on the listing. The gallery always grabbed that free ebay image to use.

I list 1 item many times and use the same picture as the item has several different sizes. It would be a waste of my hosting space to upload 20 picures of the same pair of shoes so I can post to the gallery.

I realize if I check the gallery option and do not have a pic to upload, the browser will allow me to add an image.

This defeats the scheduled auction feature (very important), and would have to be done for each new auction as the items sell.

If you have a work-around for that, I would love to hear it.

Also, you mentioned something about turning off the FTP feature in the setup. I did not do that and now I cannot find that option anywhere.

Thanks!
Kathy

bluepennylady
(member)
08/28/06 05:55 PM
Re: Using WS_FTP Ipswitch new [re: kml]  

Kathy,

Great decision to move to AW2000!! Welcome to the discussion board and as Garry said, the Extended Auction Wizard family.

Images are not duplicated over and over again when using AW2000. Instead a "reference" is created to the image. So all your Auction lots point to the same image for every Auction lot you create and list with AW2K. Even if you have several of the same item listed. I have about 20 Auctions on Overstock for Pottery Barn candles. But I don't have 20 of the same image on my webspace. There is only 1 image for the 20 Auctions. You might want to read about how images are handled in the Help file under "Managing Images" I hope that helps a bit.

I was fairly certain concerning the procedure for manually specifying Gallery image url's. But I double checked with Thom before I opened my mouth and posted. So the response below is straight from the Thom, I didn't want you thinking I was that brilliant. I am not brilliant. Helpful would be a better description.

"You can specify Gallery images by URL. If you use pure HTML Descriptions, that is the only way you can use Gallery images. The option is enabled on the Program Options window ("File | Program Options..." on the menu bar).
The setting for the Inventory Items window is on the "Inventory Items" tab. The setting for the Auction Lots window is on the "Auction Lots" tab. The setting is enabled/disabled using the checkbox labeled "Manually specify Gallery image URLs". Once the option is activated for a window, the "Gallery Image URL" field appears at the bottom of the Image area on the "Description and Images" tab."

I hope this helps you a bit. If not, let me know and I'll try again.

Judy/blue

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
01/15/07 08:17 AM

trytryrtyrtrty

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads