Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 9764 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

peasantclothier
(stranger )
10/01/06 10:25 PM
FTP Error 227  

Well for a couple weeks now I have been getting an error message when loading my file list. It comes back as "FTP Error 227 Passive Mode (216, 12, 201, 114, 178, 203)". I have been getting it to work if I just close everything and reboot my computer, but now it has been over a day and this is my best time of year... AGGHHHH... I am OK now but would be much better once I figure this all out. As an added note I have closed all my security features and firewall when attempting to load new auctions. Any other suggestions?
Wendlyn

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/01/06 11:30 PM
Re: FTP Error 227 new [re: peasantclothier]  

Hi,

I presume you have upgraded to the new API version 2.3. Is this error occurring prior to the uploading the images to your FTP host? If so, will the upload continue?

Have you tried to Queue one auction lot for listing. Upload the images, when the Lister appears, hit the Preview button next to the auction description, that will tell you if the image(s) have uploaded to your web space. You might try it and let me know if the images are uploading anyway.

Judy/blue

peasantclothier
(stranger )
10/02/06 05:49 AM
Re: FTP Error 227 new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy/Blue,
Tried listing one thing at a time but same error. I never seem to get pass "uploading image to FTP accout". It always freezes up with the while "downloading file list".

You have to talk to me like I am 4 yo about computer related things. Oh... I take that back because a 4 yo would understand what you are saying. Talk to me like I am a 40 year old and technology is a mystery to me. I like to just push a button and have things work, that is why I like AW.

No offense to you but seriously this is what my mind reads on your response "Blah blah blah upgraded API (what the heck with a bead of sweat on my brow) More blah blah blah, queue, lister, preview (groan, sweat, button pushing, some cursing) Than something burps, is it the computer... no just my stomach from the acid production from anxiety. More reading, more button pushing, more resetting preferences on AW, eBay, and my FTP accounts. (tingling sensation down back, is it hope, fear, frustation, nope its just my hair falling out).
Wendlyn

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/02/06 08:05 AM

Wendlyn,

You have my laughing hysterically. My sides will hurt if I don't stop. I am very sorry. I didn't mean to confuse you.

First, have you done the program upgrade that was released on Sept 19? To check and see what version you are currently using, go to Help | About. Look and see what Version, Build and update level you are using and let me know.

That will be the first step. And while you are looking I will go get some Zantac from my son and mail it to you for your stomach. And perhaps hair tonic for your hair.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/02/06 08:50 AM

Wendlyn,

You should go ahead and email tech support at info@auctionwizard2000.com. Include the complete text of the error message so Thom will have all the info he needs to fix the problem.

Judy/blue

peasantclothier
(stranger )
10/02/06 09:21 AM

Updates all done for over a week. Glad I could provide a laugh. Feel kinda like Elmer Fudd hunting rabbits, but you would find that funny too?! (Long dark hair floating around room like cobwebs after dusting) Be very very quiet I am pushing buttons.
Wendlyn

bluepennylady
(enthusiast)
10/02/06 09:28 AM

Wendlyn,

Yep, I am still laughing. Maybe when I package up the hair tonic and Zantac for you I should include something to clean up all the hair you have pulled out

How did you know that I liked Elmer Fudd????

Be sure to email Thom so you can get rid of that pesky little wabbit thing called FTP error 227.

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads