Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 9590 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/22/06 01:21 AM
FTP Pictures not being delete  

Hi-
I've been using/learning AW2K for several weeks now and it's been working very well up until now.
Tuesday afternoon I successfully listed about 18 Ebay auction lots. But several hours later, everytime I went through the process of uploading auction lots/pictures to my FTP site the process would abort while trying to upload the pictures. Finally after the strong cup of coffee, it dawned on me to test the FTP connection using the FILE>FTP ACCOUNTS>TEST FTP SETTINGS (button). When the test tried to upload the HTML test file it couldn't, and puked. Puked being the technical term for the non-techno savvy.

After much thrashing I figured out how to log into my FTP site AW2K directory where my pictures are stored and discovered there are still JPGs there dated 11/11/06. And today being 11/22/06, I think that is probably my problem because I'm only alloted 10MB of FTP space and I think I've hit the max.

Now I thought AW2K is supposed to delete the picture files that are older than 7-days, which it isn't doing. And I can't find anything in the AW2K program to manually or automatically make it do that. And further, although I can "see" the old files in my Firefox browser, I can't find any way to delete any of them to test my "run out of space theory."

So, how can I solve this? Other than move to another FTP provider with bigger acreage which I'll probably do eventually. And before anyone refers me to my current FTP provider for help, been there done that, and was told to contact AW2K support since that's how the files got there in the first place.

So I have this really cool auction management program and uploads waiting with nowhere to go. It's 2:18 AM and I'm getting twitchy...help.

Michael

Michael

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/22/06 02:31 AM
Re: FTP Pictures not being delete new [re: seespotrun4you]  

MIchael,

No worries. AW2K does manage your images on your FTP. You just need to change your settings.

Go to File | Program options.

A dialog box will appear. The first tab is "General" which is where you need to be. Right under the "Email" word on the menu, you'll see "JPEG Output quality" And right below that you will see "Uploaded Images". Look for "Remove images x days after Auction closes. Change the setting to less days. I have mine set to 3 or 5, can't remember which. I do not leave images up long.

Now when you start the listing process, AW2K will look at all the datestampes and you will see AW2K start deleting images. So don't panic and let 'er work You will have more space in nothing flat.

Let me know if that helps or not.

Judy/blue

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/22/06 02:34 AM

MIchael,

And while I am thinking about it, when and if you ever get ready to move FTP providers, contact Aw2 tech support or post here first. There is a systematic method for moving providers so you don't end up with auctions without images.

I hope your twitching is better now.

Judy/blue

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/22/06 01:12 PM
Re: FTP Pictures not being delete new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy-
I found the delete setting and changed it from 7-days to 3-days and then tried uploading a new auction lot. And it died in the saddle again with this message: "FTP Error: Unable to upload files from the Server. Upload Aborted."

During the short process I didn't see anything to indicate that files were being deleted. So I tried re-running the FTP connection test again. It also bombed with this message: "Unable to upload the test file. Check the remote Directory field."

The Remote Directory field is blank, as it has been all along, so don't know what that error message is referring to.

So I'm still stuck between my wheelchair and a pile of stuff I want to sell on Ebay....

I looked at valueweb.net and pair.com and think I'll bite the bullit and get an account at pair (it's cheaper) Both sites "offer" several levels of servies depending on the cost paid, but I have no idea what most of those services are or do for me, or if I'd ever need them.

On PAIR I'm trying to decide between an FTP account and their Basic level which has more storage space and connect speed. Do you have a recommendation?

All my current Ebay auctions end this Sunday night so if I can get a new FTP account set up for future listings, after my current auctions expire, the old pictures can just rot on my old FTP account until I can figure out how to delete them. I'd still be operational for future listings.

But still don't understand why AW2K doesn't seem to be picking up its sneakers and t-shirts, after itself.

Yes, still twitchy. Gonna go walk, or in my case, roll the dogs up and down our country driveway a few times and cool out...

Michael

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/22/06 01:35 PM

Michael,
It is possible that your FTP account is not synchronized with AW2K. That does happen just every once in a blue moon. Happened to me before.

If your FTP test passed previously but not now, I would suspect something on your FTP account side. By the way, have you added a new anti virus, Internet security or upgraded your Internet Explorer recently.

I use pair.com. You can start out with the entry level that is only $5.95 a month. The 250MB is tons of room and their email service is very good. My email is through Pair.com. I would be surprised, unless you are doing something really really big, that you will need more than 250MB. But you can always upgrade.

And the good thing about pair.com, they don't shut you down if you go over your limit. They simply figure up how much space you went over for x percentage of time and bill you accordingly. None of this shutting you down and not letting you upload images.

I recommend if you change FTP accounts, that you just start uploading all your auction images to the new account and let the old account lay until all of the related auctions have ended. Then you can kill the account. That way no auction images are lost.

You might email Thom Friday and tell him what is going on with the FTP upload. He has really good instructions for re-synchronizing your FTP account with AW2K.

Enjoy your walk!! I just petted my dogs and promised a walk later.

Judy/blue

seespotrun4you
(stranger )
11/22/06 09:57 PM
Re: FTP Pictures not being delete new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy-
I am now the proud owner of a Pair FTP account and it seems to be working fine for uploading all my my future Ebay auctions. Also got a domain which I don't know what to do with and 200 email boxes. After my wife & I and the two dogs, that only leaves 196 free ... maybe I can sell them on Ebay. LOL

So how do I contact Thom directly on Friday to figure out how to sync up the old FTP account?

Have a great Turkey day, weather rolling across Colorado to Kansas is supposed to be pretty good for walking off the big meal afterward.

Thanks for the help.

Michael

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/23/06 04:43 AM

Michael,

Congratulations! You wll be very pleased with pair.com

As far as the mailboxes, you can configure email addys for different purposes. Create one for eBay, another email address for Overstock. And use a different one for Paypal. Then one of each of your dogs and maybe a neighbor or two

The email address is info@auctionwizard2000.com If you are not going to use the other FTP account, you can simply leave it as it won't matter inside of 30 days anyway. The synchronizing process can be time consuming if you have a lot of images uploaded. So if you are going to stop using them, when you cancel your account, they will whip them out for you.

You and your wife have a wonderful Thanksgiving day! I am off to finish making a couple more pies. I gotta have a cup of coffee first. I do not work well without my morning java

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads