Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 11931 *View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

windquest
(newbie)
11/29/06 08:09 AM
deleted all my pictures  

Hi

I was updating my Website and accidently deleted all the pictures on my server. How do I upload them again.

Thanks

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/29/06 08:16 AM
Re: deleted all my pictures new [re: windquest]  

Alex

Yep been there done that.

Now you will need to follow these steps for each Auction profile you have configured and Auctions listed for.

Be sure you have nothing Queued for listing. That will only make things worse. If you do, change the Status to Offline, Never listed or Hold

Change the Show/Hide Records to show only Online and Queued for listing Auctions. IN the Grid view, Select all the Online Auction records by clicking on the last record, holding down the SHIFT key and clicking to the first record. When they are all blue, right click and select "Change status to" "Queued for listing".

Go to Auction site | List queued lots
When the Listing Wizard appears, click "list Lots'

And allow AW2K to upload your images. When the Lister appears simply Cancel the LIsting process.

Go back to the Grid view, if the Auction lots are not highlighted, re-select them again, Right click and Change Status to Online.

Your images are now uploaded. Double check to be sure you have images.

Let me know if that works or not.

Judy/blue

windquest
(newbie)
11/29/06 08:33 AM
Re: deleted all my pictures new [re: bluepennylady]  

Thanks Judy

That worked just fine.

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/29/06 08:36 AM

Laaex,

I am glad. That is a real bad feeling to have images disappear. Had to upload an image myself this morning as I accidentally deleted it when deleting some other files from my FTP account

Judy/blue

windquest
(newbie)
11/29/06 08:58 AM

Well I was updating one of my websites and Front Page didn't recognize the AW2K folder so it just removed it. I will have to watch more closely next time

Thanks

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/29/06 09:01 AM

Alex,

There is a way to prevent that from happening. I use Front Page as well. Let me check and I will get back to you.

Judy/blue

windquest
(newbie)
11/29/06 09:42 AM

Yes you can turn off that feature but I do quite a few websites and like the feature. I just forgot about it when I updated the website that has my AW2K pictures.

Alex

bluepennylady
(addict)
11/29/06 10:46 AM

Alex,

Are you referring to the feature that deletes any directories that are not in the current website update? I don't have that feature turned off. Are you using Front Page Server extensions? Seems to me like the Server extensions had something to do with it.

When I update my website, Front page doesn't even see the AW2K directory. Now I am curious. I am going to go look at my file management settings at pair.com and see how I have that thing setup. Don't exactly remember.

Judy/blue

*View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads