Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 13471 *Threaded Mode

JCWebsales
(stranger )
03/05/07 08:47 PM
FTP Info  

Ok,I'm new here.Signed up for the 60 day trial and attempting to configure this thing.First off I am a power seller on ebay and have always used turbolister but am tired of the glitches.

Now,I have never used photos hosting and do not have a domain name.I have looked at pair.com and their hosting for FTP appears fine but I feel their domain names are ridiculously priced.If I would get a domain from like GoDaddy can I still use it on pair or would it be better to stay with GoDaddy for FTP also.

This is all new to me and I'm learning slowly.

Jeff

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
03/05/07 11:11 PM
Re: FTP Info new [re: JCWebsales]  

Jeff:

Welcome to AW2K.

The answer is Yes - you can get your domain name from anyone you wish and then transfer it to anyone you wish to host it for you. There may be a slight charge from Go-Daddy if they don't host it for you I'm not sure. The easiest way to do it is to obtain the Domain name from where ever you wish (just read the fine print about transfering it out). Then contact the company that you wish to host it for you and have them do the transfer. It saves a lot of hair pulling and grumbling on your part by having the new company do the transfer. They will usually do that for free so there isn't any reason not to have them do it. The whole process will take probably three days. Day one get the domain name early in the day. Day two early in the day contact the new hosting company and arrange for the transfer and by beginning of day three you're done. One additional thing - when talking with the company you wish to finally host your domain name make sure you ask for all of the particulars that you will need to do the setup in AW2K. It's easier to get that information at the beginning and not have to search for it once you're off the phone with them. Hope this helps. And good luck.

You will find that AW2K will be a much better experience in doing auction management than you had with any other software. The program is very robust and leaves turbolister in the dust. You have greater ability to do more things with your auctions and if a glitch does happen there is a technical support group that is second to none. Thom and those that work with him are great and not only answering questions but being able to fix a problem. This discussion board also has a wide selection of people that are more than willing to help also. So once again welcome to AW2K and good luck.

Garry

bluepennylady
(old hand)
03/06/07 00:50 AM

Jeff,

welcome to Auction Wizard! Glad to have you.

Garry is right, be sure you should read the fine print with hosting services such as GoDaddy. Their domain name registration is initially less than pair.com. But if I remember correctly, there is a substantial cost for moving your domain name from GoDaddy to somewhere else within the first year after registering your domain there. Alot of those type of hosting services are that way.

I can tell you pair.com is extremely reliable. If you have access to free image hosting from your ISP, that is an option. Me, my ISP does not offer free anything, consequently, I had to find a reliable as well as economical service. And I went through several before landing with pair.com.

You are not required to register a domain name to use pair.com for image hosting. If you select the basic account, simply use the option that you do not wish to register a domain name at this time. You can always do it later.

I can't say anything about GoDaddy hosting service from personal experience. Maybe someone else here on the boards has used them.

As far as Aw2000, well you just won't find a better Auction management tool out there anywhere. And if you have questions, just feel free to ask. AW2K offers you a much better auction management base than Turbo lister. There are all sorts of things you can do!

Judy/blue

howaboutthat
(stranger )
10/31/07 07:31 PM

I am new here 2; downloaded aw2000 a week ago and havent been able to open it because i cant get through the 2nd screen with the ftp settings it just aint working with my isp yet. I am here because i have had it with turbolister2 completely. hell i will end up in a straight jacket in the loonie ward before aj or anyone on the tl2 board will help me; also they just plain ignore me when i tell them what is wrong with it then i check back months later and see that a bunch of other people are also having the same problems i reported and nothing was done about it. I am more than willing to pay for this program if i can get it working and see what it can do first.

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/31/07 07:35 PM
Re: FTP Info new [re: howaboutthat]  

Hi,

Welcome!! It is so nice to meet you. I understand your frustration completely. Let me see if I can help you.

Who is your FTP provider?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
http://stores.ebay.com/bluepennylady?refid=store
Visit our website too!
http://www.pennyworthsales.com

howaboutthat
(stranger )
10/31/07 09:56 PM
Re: FTP Info new [re: bluepennylady]  

Hi;
thanks for trying to help i just figured it out and it was simple i had to enter public_html into the remote directory field. and then the ftp test worked. however i am not sure if the photos will host cause on my isp site i found the following info about the 10 mb space i have and it says personel homepage users do not have the ability to execute cgi scripts. unless you pay more of course. but the test worked?

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
10/31/07 10:32 PM

HI,

That is excellent news! Congratulations!

Images should upload and display properly. Images are not dynamic nor is AW2000 interacting with viewers of the auction or completing forms etc. All you need for the images is an FTP account which it sounds like you have that.

Have you completed configuring your Auction profile including selecting & editing a listing template?

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

auctions1329
(stranger )
11/08/07 02:28 PM

I wish I would have read this post earlier instead of wasting all afternoon trying to get the ftp program to work. It was such a simple remedy. I had even called the new host provider that I'm with, HostGator, and they tried to help me. You are the best!

bluepennylady
(Pooh-Bah)
11/08/07 02:29 PM
Re: FTP Info new [re: auctions1329]  

HI,

Excellent! Isn't it just the pits when something doesn't work correctly. Glad to know you are up and running!

Judy/blue

Visit my eBay store!
Visit our website too!

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads