Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 8504 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

maisey
(stranger )
04/13/07 05:23 PM
Problem with FTP  

I have been having troubles with getting my eBay auction to go to the right pictures stores on my website space. I'm hoping that I can get help here-
Here are my FTP settings
NAME = attworldnet
FTP HOSTNAME = upload.att.net
FTP PORT 21 (that is a default, I'm not sure where to look for the proper port)
Username = cklevine
password = (yes it is right)
remote directory= blank (I've never used a remote directory)
HTTP Address= http://home.att.net/~cklevine/firstlot/

Now, when I use a Auction Wizard template, it puts the image is as the following-"SRC=http://home.att.net/~cklevine/firstlot/aw2k/LotImg5.jpg"
where it should be http://home.att.net/~cklevine/firstlot/picturename. jpg. Now, when I do the inventory item the go to the add pictures, I click on the pictures on my hard drive and they show up with the proper file name. When the auction is submitted to eBay, the file name is replaced by/aw2k/LotImg.jpg"
I have emailed Thom, and he suggested I use my own html, I know nothing about html.
Any help would be welcome
thank you
Maisey

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/13/07 07:57 PM
Re: Problem with FTP new [re: maisey]  

Maisey,

Let me see if I can perhaps clear up the image thing a bit. When you add an Image to an Inventory Item, you click "Add Image" and then find whereever the image is at. In your case, your hard drive. Images added to either an Inventory Item or an Auction lot in Aw2K are literally saved in an Image table in AW2K. You can if you so choose, delete the image off your hard drive out of My pictures or wherever. Just don't delete the image in AW2K. As the image added to AW2K is inside of the AW2K folder.

When you use AW2K to upload images to your web space, AW2K creates its own directory and writes the URL for every image. Which is vitally important as it conserves space and management time. As AW2K will delete unneeded images from your web space according to the settings you select in your Program options thus conserving web space.

The URL , aw2K/Lotlmg.jpg is the URL AW2K writes for you for every image it uploads. so that URL is normal. If you go to your web space and look at your file directories, you are going to see an AW2K directory. Inside of that directory is where all the images are stored.

Does that help at all? If not, let me know and I will try again.

By the way, I looked at your first listing. I like the purple color

Judy/blue

maisey
(stranger )
04/14/07 07:32 AM
Re: Problem with FTP new [re: bluepennylady]  

Dear Judy,
"My God, I think she's Got it!" I took your advice, and looked at my web space, and yes, there was that directory! After using eBay's Seller Assistant Pro for years, I just couldn't figure the FTP out. This makes it easy! Thank you, thank you !! I have been butting my head up against a wall for weeks, because eBay has stopped supporting SAPro, and was forcing us to go to Blackthorne Pro. That is a hideous program, and to pay 300 a year for no direct support, it is just embarrassing. Since they have stopped supporting SA pro I've lost thousands of dollars in sales. I even tried the eBay Seller Management, then I realized it was web based! And that wasn't easy to navigate through. Auction Wizard 2000 seemed the closest to SA Pro, so I picked it and paid for it, and in 3 days I've got it, I think. Thank you for taking the time to explain it. I have to say that I'm so impressed by all the listings you have posted. Someday maybe I'll have 1100 plus items up for sale. Although, it would be more than all my inventory!!
Can't thank you enough-
Maisey

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/14/07 07:47 AM

Maisey,

I am so glad. I knew precisely how you felt. The first time I used AW2K eons ago, I just could not get a grasp on how images were handled.

Isn't Blackthorne just pitiful!! I did some Beta testing when they were first developing it. I sure didn't like it at all. and the Tech support is horrible at best. I can honestly say that with all the Beta testing and software evaluation I do, AW2K has the best tech support anywhere.

Good luck to you!! And don't even think twice about asking questions. All of us have "been there and done that" so to speack

Judy/blue

maisey
(stranger )
04/14/07 08:11 AM
Re: Problem with FTP new [re: bluepennylady]  

Judy,
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Blackthorne is awful. I lived with SAPro for years, and although it was no manna from Heaven I could print packing slips and leave feedback ect..I know I will learn what else AW2K can do over time, but just getting started is exciting enough.
All my best,
Maisey

bluepennylady
(old hand)
04/14/07 09:39 AM

Maisey,

You can submit feedback with AW2K as well. I like the ability to Invoice and add Invoice items to a buyers Invoice.

Happy Aw2K'ing

Let me know if you are bumping your head into the wall again. That would hurt if you do it too much

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads