Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 5859 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

katzmeow
(stranger )
06/22/07 06:25 AM
FTP and Vista  

I'm ready to set up the FTP part and am really not experienced in this. Is there anything I should be concerned with when using the Vista operating system? My partner bought a new computer for this venture and I'm not sure if it will add to the complexity of this. I have found out that Vista allows me to set up a FTP connection without more software. So I guess I just need to find an FTP server to store pictures? Alot of this information feels like someone speaking in a foreign language where you miss every couple of words. Thanks for any help.

bluepennylady
(veteran)
06/22/07 07:22 AM
Re: FTP and Vista new [re: katzmeow]  

Hi,

I understand how you feel---completely. It does often appear overwhelming at first. You will be an "old hand" at it in no time at all. So don't even think twice about asking questions or requesting clarification if you don't understand. Be happy to help.

AW2000 is completely compatible with Vista operating system. So you are good to go there. AW2000 contains a FTP client in it for uploading your images to your web space. And that term is usually where lots of people look at me through one eye and say "huh?"

You will not be uploading images to eBay. Which is really a good thing. It is much much cheaper to host your own images somewhere else. So you need a place to host images.

Have you checked with your ISP? Usually most ISP's provide web hosting. Sometimes x amount of space is free. Like Earthlink.net allows seems like 15 MB for free and then if you go over that, there is a charge. Do you already have web space somewhere?

Judy/blue

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads