Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 9180 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
07/02/07 10:33 PM
Uploading pics problems  

I have been trying to list some lots this evening and have not been able to. The process hangs up when the images are being uploaded to the FTP server. just never happens, eventually times out and tries again unsuccessfully. Getting pretty agravated at the moment so I am quiting, for now.
But does anyone have an answer to this.
I increased the time out time and still nothiing.

It may be on my FTP server end, I have contacted them waiting on help there too!

It has been working fine, I haven't changed anything and now this.

If you can help please do thanks!

Marty

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
07/02/07 11:15 PM
Re: Uploading pics problems new [re: moonstruck22]  

Marty:
Have you tried going to file/FTP accounts and doing a test? Another way you can check is to use an FTP client program such as tinyFTP (free for download) or FileZilla (also free for download) and see if your FTP server is really up and working. It is possible that they are down for some reason and AW2K can't connect. In a sense you have done the same thing by calling your ISP. Another problem can exist but I think not in this case - if you have a blank image somewhere by accident in one of your lots the whole thing will fail. They way to solve of course is to go through all lots ready to upload and double check that photos really are there.

Good luck and hope the frustration level goes down a bit.

Garry

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/03/07 05:44 AM

Marty,

Garry's suggestion to double check the FTP test in File | FTP Accounts

Have you changed anything on your computer? Added anti virus, new firewall settings. Had an update? Sometimes anti virus or Internet security program updates alter settings enough to stop communication with the Internet. So you might try disabling your Internet security program, if you use something other than Windows and see if that solves the problem.

I can tell you that Internet service has been up and down all day yesterday, at least where I am. Due to all the flooding. Email did not work all the time nor did the credit card processing lines. So if your FTP host server or lines are around any of the flooding areas, that could be part of the problem. Checking with them is a good idea. Is this the new service where you just put up your website at? If so, check to see if your website is running.

The other thing to do is change from MOde 1 to Mode 2 and see if that helps. Go to File | FTP accounts | Advanced settings. The first option at the top of the applet gives you "Use WinInet API" option and then Mode 1 or Mode 2. BE sure "Use WinInet API" is selected and then Mode 2.

See if that helps.

Judy/blue

moonstruck22
(journeyman)
07/03/07 06:31 AM
Re: Uploading pics problems new [re: bluepennylady]  

Garry/Judy:

Thanks for the tips, however.....

Ran the FTP test and it says it works fine.
Changed from mode 2, to 1, and back no luck.
Haven't changed anything, doesn't mean it didn't do something on its own.
Shut down all security, nothing, turned all back on nothing!
I have inquires in to my ISP, and to Thom also.
We will just have to see what happens.

But my wife and i are heading on a well needed vacation in less then an hour and I am just going to forget about it!

I will probably check in to see if a fix has been found, but maybe not!

Bon Voyage!!!

Marty

bluepennylady
(veteran)
07/03/07 07:43 AM

Marty,

I hope you two have a great time. You both do need a break after the ordeal you have gone through. Stay safe, get some rest and have fun!!!

Judy/blue

AquilaStamps
(enthusiast)
07/03/07 08:45 AM

Marty:
Both of you have a great time on a well deserved vacation. Hope you have fun and get a chance to relax and forget everything for a while.

Garry

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads