Configuration
   >> FTP Accounts
Thread views: 8382 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/20/02 11:54 AM
Changing ftp account with auctions online  

As information to those who don't already know about this.

I changed the ftp account where AW2 stores my photos other day. I still had some lots online for auction. When I setup the new ftp account in AW2 everything went as expected. The next time I listed my queued auction lots the photos for my new lots were sent to the new ftp server/account and those lots had no problems.

When I looked at the auction lots that were online before changing to the new ftp account all the photos for them were gone. Appearently AW2 had deleted them for me from the old ftp account!!

This was not a big problem for me. Just an unexpected headache. For someone with no experience using ftp software to retore the files to the old ftp account could have been a much bigger problem.

I guess it was my fault. I didn't keep the old ftp account settings. I deleted them and created a new ftp account not knowing that AW2 would delete the photos from the old ftp server.

Deleteing files from the old ftp account after setting up a new ftp account may not be a defect in AW2's programming, but it may be a little known fact that it will do so.

AuctionWizardAdministrator
(Auction Wizard Team)
11/21/02 01:57 PM
Re: Changing ftp account with auctions online new [re: Anonymous]  

Deleting an FTP Account record in Auction Wizard 2000 will not result in existing images begin removed from your web space. In fact, the opposite is true. When you delete an FTP Account, Auction Wizard 2000 no longer has the ability to connect to that web space, so the images stored there will never be removed by the software.

I am not sure how the images were deleted from your web space. Auction Wizard 2000 deletes unneeded images as the first step in uploading new images during the listing process. The listing process works on one Auction Profile at a time, so images are uploaded/deleted for one FTP Account at a time (each Auction Profile has an FTP Account assigned to it). Images are never deleted for any Auction Lot whose Status is "Queued For Listing" or "On Line".

-- The Auction Wizard Team

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/21/02 05:06 PM
Re: Changing ftp account with auctions online new [re: AuctionWizard]  

Well, it looks like it has happened to me again. I have done the impossible and didn't even realize it. :) If nobody else has to worry about this happening to them then that is great.

I can't explain it but it happened to me as I said in my last post. After uploading the new auction lots, I noticed the photos were not showing up in my old auction lots. I used WS_FTP and looked for them. They were gone and I had to upload them again.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
06/25/03 11:14 AM
Re: Changing ftp account with auctions online new [re: Anonymous]  

Same thing happened to me just yesterday. Did you ever get your pics back online?

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

www.AuctionWizard2000.com | Contact Us Forums powered by WWWThreads